Cavalier over Lamoure 46-22
Cavalier just has to much to handle
TGU over Shiloh 36-20
Close game, but TGU QB makes to many big plays and that's the difference
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2014 Postseason

Postby chief45 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:33 pm

Bulldog you pick against Shiloh every other game and the seem to find a way to get it done. With that I have

Shiloh over TGU 34-22

I think lamoure has played well I just don't think they have enough.

Cavalier wins 46-18
chief45
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:17 pm

I am shocked at some of the predictions that I am seeing from people I respect regarding the Cavalier vs. LaMoure game. Some people not only have Cavalier getting beat, but giving up more points in todays game than they have in the last 11 games combined. They have given up more than one score only once this year. That includes when their JV is playing.

I was at the LaMoure vs. Hankinson game early this fall which LaMoure won in overtime. LaMoure clearly had the best player on the field, in Olson. But, judging just that game, Hankinson had the better team. From what I saw last week in Cavalier, Hankinson played pretty well. And they lost 54-0. Hankinson did get players in one on one situations a couple times where they were not able to make plays and take it the distance. I would think that Olson would be able to make that play at least once, if not twice.

The way I see it LaMoure does not have a chance to consistently stop the Cavalier offence and if LaMoure is not able to beak multiple long runs, they will be in big trouble. I would guess that Olson will average less than 3 yards per carry when you take out the runs of over 20+ yards.

These team had 3 common opponents. Cavalier was 3-0 and had total points of 198-19. LaMoure was 2-1 and had total points of 104-64. This includes North Star who did give Cavalier their best game of the year. LaMoure handled North Star also, but North Star was pretty flat after loosing one of their best players.

I hope it is a good game, but I think it will be a route.

Cavalier 58
LaMoure 12
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby d_fense » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:08 pm

End of 1st.
Cavalier 22
LaMoure 0
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby 5-time state chump » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:47 pm

woodchuck10 wrote:LaMoure-LM @ Cavalier 36-32
TGU @ Shiloh Christian 26-16

I don't get some of these predictions . Mind boggling.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HONKER » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:53 pm

If you haven't seen Cavalier play you really need to watch them in the state champ game. They are a machine!
HONKER
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:58 pm

Cavalier 36
LaMoure 0
Total yards 330-20
Rushing
Robbins 22-208 4 TD'
Olson 12-21
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby d_fense » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:07 pm

HONKER wrote:If you haven't seen Cavalier play you really need to watch them in the state champ game. They are a machine!

I think they lost the best 9 man player in the state off of last years team. Despite that they are a better team this year.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby BB11 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:23 pm

Cavalier - 56
Shiloh Christian - 6

I'll get the 1st prediction out of the way.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:39 pm

Cavalier DEF. LaMoure-LM 52-8
Shiloh Christian DEF. TGU 58-46
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:42 pm

Yeah, I went with my heart. Was hoping LLM would find a way. I still think they are the second best 9 man team in the state.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby woodchuck10 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:06 pm

5-time state chump wrote:

Mind boggling how some people on this site are scared to go against the grain when predicting. Yeah I could have said Cavalier is going to win 100-0 and Shiloh was going to be just too much for TGU but what is the fun in that? I guess everyone likes to see a Bismarck Private School and a town that was a powerhouse in AA 10 years ago (yeah I know there enrollment is at a 9man level now). Not making excuses just can't find myself rooting for those teams.

Oh yeah, way to wait till the games are over to say something.
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sniper » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:03 am

d_fense wrote:
HONKER wrote:If you haven't seen Cavalier play you really need to watch them in the state champ game. They are a machine!

I think they lost the best 9 man player in the state off of last years team. Despite that they are a better team this year.

I would agree that they are better at almost every other position this year, they did lose a really great player but IMO not the best player in the state. Just my opinion though.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Buck » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:48 am

Sniper

In your opinion who was the best 9 man player then last year?
Buck
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball4444 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:06 pm

Cavalier 48 - Shiloh 36
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:53 pm

Cavalier over Shiloh 44-12
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby 5-time state chump » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:07 am

woodchuck10 wrote:
5-time state chump wrote:

Mind boggling how some people on this site are scared to go against the grain when predicting. Yeah I could have said Cavalier is going to win 100-0 and Shiloh was going to be just too much for TGU but what is the fun in that? I guess everyone likes to see a Bismarck Private School and a town that was a powerhouse in AA 10 years ago (yeah I know there enrollment is at a 9man level now). Not making excuses just can't find myself rooting for those teams.

Oh yeah, way to wait till the games are over to say something.

So...lol....pick upsets for fun? I guess. :lol:

Sounds like you are rooting against Cavalier simply because they have become a juggernaut? I think its great when a team (non private school) gets to be be so good, with such a tradition, that people root against them---at any level (when playing by the rules, and on a level playing field).

There is a saying "imitation is the best form of flattery". I think people whining about "you're TOO good" is a great example of flattery also. I hope Cavalier pounds the wits out of them. Oh...yeah...and that bothers people too. When the good teams have fans that stoutly back that team. I'm sure many are rooting with all their might against Cavalier. LOL.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 5-time state chump » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:09 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Cavalier over Shiloh 44-12

That sounds about right. I could see it being 36-0 at halftime.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Pit Bull » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:37 am

I think the two best teams in 9 man the last two years are finally playing each other. I look forward to a very entertaining game as neither team has faced this caliber of an opponent. Both teams are physical, so whomever wins the line of scrimmage battle wins this game. There are no like opponents to match them up to, so it will boil down to whoever wants it more. IMO, this game is too close to call. Cavalier will be favored and they are the defending Champs, but both teams score over 50 a game and give up less than 10. Can't wait for kick off!
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:49 am

Buck wrote:Sniper

Hunter Braaten.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:49 pm

Sniper wrote:

Hunter Braaten.

I almost feel you should be banned for a week for such a ridiculous comment. Hunter was a great football player led his team to two state championships. The reality is he isnt even close to the same level that Chrest was on. Did u watch any of the State Championship game last year? Wasnt even fair set the Dakota Bowl rushing record by half. Chrest whipped the field with him, the fact he won POY was a joke. Braaten was very good but Chrest was great.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Pit Bull » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:17 pm

packers21 wrote:
Sniper wrote:

Hunter Braaten.

I almost feel you should be banned for a week for such a ridiculous comment. Hunter was a great football player led his team to two state championships. The reality is he isnt even close to the same level that Chrest was on. Did u watch any of the State Championship game last year? Wasnt even fair set the Dakota Bowl rushing record by half. Chrest whipped the field with him, the fact he won POY was a joke. Braaten was very good but Chrest was great.

So because someone has a different opinion then you, they should be banned. There is a ton of things that make a player great, and no one will see two players the same way. I know players right now that are great players, but play on not so great teams. Chrest had a great team with very good/great players. This also contributes to how good or great a player is perceived. Braaten was also a great player, but WNG was not Cavalier as seen by the Championship game. I could name one or two more players that could be added to the list, but I don't need justification to consider them the best. I will say that after this weekend, we will know how they stand up against the best.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Pit Bull wrote:
packers21 wrote:
Sniper wrote:

Hunter Braaten.

So because someone has a different opinion then you, they should be banned. There is a ton of things that make a player great, and no one will see two players the same way. I know players right now that are great players, but play on not so great teams. Chrest had a great team with very good/great players. This also contributes to how good or great a player is perceived. Braaten was also a great player, but WNG was not Cavalier as seen by the Championship game. I could name one or two more players that could be added to the list, but I don't need justification to consider them the best. I will say that after this weekend, we will know how they stand up against the best.

I said he was a great player. He wasnt on the same level as Chrest.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sniper » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:29 pm

packers21 wrote:
Sniper wrote:

Hunter Braaten.

The reality is that Chrest played on a team with much more talent around him than Braaten did. Of course Braaten did not play as well as Chrest did in the championship, how was he suppose to when his team was severely outmatched? If you watched the game closely you would notice that those holes Chrest was running through were HUGE, you could have driven a truck through them. Braaten was lucky if he got to the line without being hit.. he had little to no running lanes at all the entire game. If Braaten played for Cavalier he could have done just as good as Chrest.

Braaten deserved that award. The kid took two average teams and made them the state runner ups.. in both A and 9-Man. Ran for over 300 yards in each of the three playoff games before state. 4 year starter. Holds almost every school record for rushing, passing and tackles. Defiantly not a joke.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man