North Star vs Cavalier webcast

The teams in 9 Man

North Star vs Cavalier webcast

Postby vikingman » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:15 pm

For those of you not from the Region 2 area, here’s your chance to watch the best 9-man team in the state -- and as an added bonus, you can check in to see if Coach Laxdal brought anything back from last year’s team.

www.northstar.k12.nd.us/webcasts

7 p.m. start. We’ve had some trouble with our computer during the other 2 games. If it crashes, it should be back up in 2-3 minutes. Also, Midcontinent Cable Sports may be doing something on the game tonight on their live show, and also on their Wednesday show.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Re: North Star vs Cavalier webcast

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:42 pm

Feed is very choppy for me...but I do like NS webcasts...nice to have a live view of it instead of just radio
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:59 pm

comes in fine for me. Very loud. Obviously you can adjust the volume, but when I first turned it on I thought it was loud and I had headphones plugged in and the headphones were sitting on my desk.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:04 pm

if anyone sees winner take a screen shot
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:08 pm

North Star isn't going to win this game, but it makes me believe someone could beat Cavalier.

Weston with 10 catches in the 1st half.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:30 pm

Crystal clear on the old Sony VAIO...........I'll send you a skype shot Flip....

I tried to reach the school to tell them to mute the mic during halftime up in the nest.. :roll: Ok!!.. :)

....great pass & catch team...
Last edited by winner-within on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:40 pm

Feed is MUCH better than it started for me...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby vikingman » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:25 pm

You could hear the people in the press box at halftime? (during ETI?). That should have been turned off.

That was my fault. I moved the ETI clip and I thought that would mute the headsets -- I guess it didn't. Hope anyone didn't say anything they weren't supposed to.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby mediaball » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:26 pm

I find the outcome of this game interesting. I am too lazy to go look, but when was the last time someone put up this many points against Cavalier? It seems to me that Coach Haugen and the Bearcats found the Achilles heel of the Cavalier Tornadoes. Wish I could have watched the game. Input from anyone there or anyone that watched it online?
mediaball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ramsfan8 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:37 pm

Northstar coaching certainly did their homework. Cavalier had no answer to their passing game. NS couldnt run on there big line. Robbins cant be stopped. Certainly disappointed in chippy play by Cavalier. No class there.
Ramsfan8
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:47 pm

vikingman wrote:You could hear the people in the press box at halftime? (during ETI?). That should have been turned off.

That was my fault. I moved the ETI clip and I thought that would mute the headsets -- I guess it didn't. Hope anyone didn't say anything they weren't supposed to.

should be a button to push or switch just to mute the mic in intermission or if a mixer a slide down

very impressed with the picture and no I heard nothing derogatory .. :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:59 pm

Except the way I set up the halftime video should have muted the mics automatically. I left the booth during halftime so was unaware of the problem.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikingman » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:04 pm

mediaball wrote:I find the outcome of this game interesting. I am too lazy to go look, but when was the last time someone put up this many points against Cavalier? It seems to me that Coach Haugen and the Bearcats found the Achilles heel of the Cavalier Tornadoes. Wish I could have watched the game. Input from anyone there or anyone that watched it online?

The archived webcast is still up on the website, and 9 minutes of highlights here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pad99hFHbqo

No one has been able to stop Komrosky to Weston and to a slightly lesser degree, Komrosky to Kvilvang. Considering that he was running for his life a lot of the time, Komrosky had a great night. Weston and Kvilvang should get some consideration for all-state, but probably won't get the looks they would if the team as a whole was doing better. North Star couldn't stop Cavalier at all, but so far, neither has anyone else.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby spartan11 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:41 am

Ramsfan, I wouldn't say Cavalier didn't have an answer. The bearcats are good with the pitch and catch and had a good night. They failed to score in the second half and after adjustments it looked like the Tornadoes handle the pass just fine. The had two interceptions and numerous sacks. I will give credit where credit is due tho, those kids can catch the football.
Pressure is a feeling you get when you dont know what the heck your doing
spartan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby spartan11 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:59 am

And as for the chippy play, that went both ways. Not just Cavalier.
spartan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:41 am

Classless and Cheap. Kid on the ground and helmet ripped off. Won't mention any names. I was told 8 personal fouls. Game in hand by 40 points and the coaching staff keeps the starters in deep in the 4th quarter. Fans cheering when players get hurt. Lost every ounce of respect for that program. Bigger. Better, stronger and more numbers. But zero class. Hope it bites you in the man.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bacon » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:53 am

Respect starts at the top. If the coaches and parents don't have it, the players won't either. And just cause the other team is doing it, that's no excuse. Refs need to start ejecting players when they pull that crap. Only thing that will get their attention.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby spartan11 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:37 am

Wasn't using it as an excuse, just an observation.
spartan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ramsfan8 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:22 pm

I am sorry. I assumed you watch the game Spartan. I rewatched the entire game on webcast after. I stand by my comments on chippy no class.

Cavalier is still the most talented team in Class B today and will win the state champ. They don't need the after the play crap that was evident last night.

Understanding both teams strengths I am pleased with the points NS put up. They came with a game plan on offense and it showed. cheers Good luck to the Tornados on the rest of their season.
Ramsfan8
NDPreps Reserve

Postby oil-rigger66 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:44 pm

I didn't attend the game nor did I watch the game, but I did hear cavalier had 8 personal fouls and I do believe that is 8 to many. I think that the comments about them having no class through the whole program is a wrong assumption considering I've heard many comments about how those kids will hit hard then pick their opponents up and give them a pat on the back. Maybe that true cavalier class wasn't shown last night, but Its been brought to my attention that there was comments made from the ns players to the cavalier players and that some of the fans were yelling at the cavalier players and coaches. I'm not bashing north star at all because they have some darn good athletes but I'm just saying it probably went both ways on shortage of class acts on the field even if cavalier got a little over heated and made bad decisions
oil-rigger66
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsking » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:58 pm

There seems to be some people trying to bash a team that doesn't deserve it at all here. I really like how people can single out (8) personal fouls and don't have a clue to what they were called for!!!!#$# It seems it has become illegal now for a running back to stiff arm the opponent and touch the facemask of the defensive player. That was 3 of the calls. There are 2 that were actual sportsmanship calls. I do know the kids were talked too about what had happened. Probably no different than any other team that has a "sportsmanship call in any other game. Now, people want to jump all over the Tornado players for things like that, but why is it that I was standing right there on the sidelines and heard the NS players, fans, you want to talk about sportsmanship????? Really! Think before you so bravely sit behind a screen and type out what you would never say in person! Enough with trying to bash teams, personal attacks on players, and coaches. NS has a great QB, and 2 very talented receivers! There is no doubt in my mind that they are going to playoffs, and will make a lot of teams pay! They are well coached, and played a good game. I do not believe coming on this site and making negative comments is what this site is all about. And in closing, to say that the Tornado fans were clapping when someone got hurt?? You are pathetic! They cheered a great hit and tackle, and clapped when the opposing player got up from a injury! Grow up and remember, you speaking on this site with comments like those, is exactly what parents and coaches are trying NOT to teach kids. Helmets coming off during a tackle happens. Does it mean it was a "illegal" hit? Think
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby mediaball » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:27 pm

I watched three quarters of the game, just to get a feel for it and it appears to me the Bearcats just ran out of gas in the second half. I couldn't tell for sure, but there appeared to be some good sized kids on the sideline that were unable to play for whatever reason. Did they even manage to dress 15? Cavalier looks to have a good sized team both in numbers and physical size and they are big, physical and aggressive. They just wore the Bearcats down.
Kudos to the North Star quarterback for getting some of those passes off and completing them and kudos to the boys on the line that gave him as much time to do so as they could. His receivers are very talented as well. I liked Coach Haugen's game plan. Keep Cavalier's offense off the field as much as possible . . . if not for untimely turnovers, they might have hung with them a little longer.
I've covered many football games and the fans are the same wherever you go. They are passionate about their team and want to see them succeed. There are always those that take that a little too far and yell inappropriate things which reflects poorly on the team and the fans alike.
mediaball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vikingman » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:06 pm

We had quite a few injuries going in to that game. 3 of our top 4 linebackers were out. I can't remember for sure, we were down to 11 or 13 before bringing up a couple of 8th graders just for this game.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby panthercub » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:07 pm

I was at the game! No parents were yelling at any kids, just cheering loudly at a very intense football game! I personally thought there were a few cheap shots, but its a violent sport. I was told however from a very reliable source that the Tornados are some excellent trash talkers. Of course the NS kids are going to talk right back, it was evident NS was not backing down at all! Kudos to both teams for a very hard fought game right to the end!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mediaball » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:37 pm

Finally did my homework. The last team to put up more points on Cavalier than North Star did last night was Lamoure in the first round of playoffs in 2013.
mediaball
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to 9 - Man