North Star vs Cavalier webcast

The teams in 9 Man

Re: North Star vs Cavalier webcast

Postby 5-time state chump » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:57 pm

Ramsfan8 wrote: Cavalier had no answer to their passing game.

Dumb.

68-19.

Getting beat by 49 points...uhhh....lol....that's not how any knowledgeable person would describe "no answer".

Do you think the sports guy on WDAZ if he saw the whole game, he's start the broadcast segment with "Cavalier had no answer to NS passing attack, as Cavalier hung on to win by 49 points"

NS got pounded silly for 4 quarters. It's okay. It's what happens in football sometimes.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:21 am

5-time state chump wrote:

Dumb.

68-19.

Getting beat by 49 points...uhhh....lol....that's not how any knowledgeable person would describe "no answer".

Do you think the sports guy on WDAZ if he saw the whole game, he's start the broadcast segment with "Cavalier had no answer to NS passing attack, as Cavalier hung on to win by 49 points"

NS got pounded silly for 4 quarters. It's okay. It's what happens in football sometimes.

Did you see this game...it was still a game early in the 2nd quarter. Cavalier led 16-13 but a fumble during a NS big play shifted the tide. Cavalier made the necessary adjustments in the 2nd half...NS still had some big plays but not drive-sustaining plays...and Cavalier ran over NS in the 2nd half.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby 5-time state chump » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:39 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
5-time state chump wrote:

Dumb.

68-19.

Did you see this game...it was still a game early in the 2nd quarter. Cavalier led 16-13 but a fumble during a NS big play shifted the tide. Cavalier made the necessary adjustments in the 2nd half...NS still had some big plays but not drive-sustaining plays...and Cavalier ran over NS in the 2nd half.

I didn't see the game. I don't need to see a game confirm that a 49 point win is a blowout. Lemme guess, the score didn't reflect how close the game really was? LOL Or....NS would have won if they wouldn't have shot themselves in the foot?

I don't play the PC game. I think its funny how the public is turning against Cavalier for being good. Then they start grabbing at straws, "Well golly gee whiz....they weren't playing nice"
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:14 am

First of all, there was no question who is/was the best team. There have been no posts stating that NS "had a chance" against Cav. Run wasn't at the game, but his analysis from watching it on video was spot on. NS stayed with Cavalier offensively for a good portion of the first half. Cavalier did make the necessary adjustment and owned the second half. There is no looking through rose colored glasses and seeing it any other way.
Regarding my earlier post, I was too critical of the entire Cavalier program, which I will apologize for. However, there were 3 plays that should not have happened and were beyond "chippy". A team as good as Cavalier (whom I believe is the best team in the state) should not have to resort to those types of plays. On the contrary, they are the undefeated reigning state champs and should be held to a higher standard. That is my opinion. The extra-curricular activity on a number of plays was uncalled for. Coach Laxdal did call a timeout after one of these plays and took care of it, so hats off to that.
Cavalier and NS have a great rivalry and have had one for a number of years in basketball and as of recent, football. With Coach Laxdal going from NS to Cavalier, it raises this rivalry a bit more than normal. To both teams, stay healthy and good luck the rest of the way.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:24 pm

sportsking wrote:There seems to be some people trying to bash a team that doesn't deserve it at all here. I really like how people can single out (8) personal fouls and don't have a clue to what they were called for!!!!#$# It seems it has become illegal now for a running back to stiff arm the opponent and touch the facemask of the defensive player. That was 3 of the calls. There are 2 that were actual sportsmanship calls. I do know the kids were talked too about what had happened. Probably no different than any other team that has a "sportsmanship call in any other game. Now, people want to jump all over the Tornado players for things like that, but why is it that I was standing right there on the sidelines and heard the NS players, fans, you want to talk about sportsmanship????? Really! Think before you so bravely sit behind a screen and type out what you would never say in person! Enough with trying to bash teams, personal attacks on players, and coaches. NS has a great QB, and 2 very talented receivers! There is no doubt in my mind that they are going to playoffs, and will make a lot of teams pay! They are well coached, and played a good game. I do not believe coming on this site and making negative comments is what this site is all about. And in closing, to say that the Tornado fans were clapping when someone got hurt?? You are pathetic! They cheered a great hit and tackle, and clapped when the opposing player got up from a injury! Grow up and remember, you speaking on this site with comments like those, is exactly what parents and coaches are trying NOT to teach kids. Helmets coming off during a tackle happens. Does it mean it was a "illegal" hit? Think

Not sure who this was directed towards, but if it was for my post, I will answer. I will stand by what I witnessed and reacted to in live action and after having a chance to watch the video a number of times, doesn't change my mind. As stated above, it was wrong to call out the entire Cavalier program, for which I apologized above. However, I suggest perhaps you watch the video before you so bravely return the favor. I will stand by what I heard and witnessed first hand. And if needed, will give you the times on the video that perhaps you should watch and listen closely too before you get too comfortable on your pedestal.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsking » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:09 pm

I have watched the video, still do not see where you can state "classless and cheap" A sportsmanship call on a running back (3) times. If you watch the video I do not see the runners grabbing the facemasks. I see them stiff arming to the face masks. The call where the helmet comes off, it looked to me that the defensive player was trying to strip the ball away, when his hand hits the face mask and pops the helmet off. For the play that happened on the ns side that was uncalled for, and there was a time out taken to correct that. Running into the kicker for another unsportman like call. It happens. My point is these are kids, and kids If you notice, this was put out there before your apology. As for the commentators assuming late hits, better watch that again. The NS players were still inbounds at the time of the hits. I understand that everyone see's things differently, but lets not resort to that kind of verbal towards kids, and coaches. I did see you stated that it was wrong to call out the whole team, and program. I appreciate that! I am not saying that I am correct, but would never want any team to have those things said against them. That's just something that doesn't belong here.
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikingman » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:39 pm

Wow -- if Cavalier only beats you by 40 points people are impressed enough to give you a vote in the state rankings.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Big Blue » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:41 am

North Star has scored the most points on Cavalier in two seasons. Have to give them credit for that.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsking » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:45 am

Like I said in my earlier post, North Star has a good group. They are a different style of attack than most teams. If they can allow time on the line to pass, their receivers will catch most of everything thrown in their direction.
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:35 pm

Big Blue wrote:North Star has scored the most points on Cavalier in two seasons. Have to give them credit for that.

What two seasons are you talking about?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:44 pm

Big Blue wrote:North Star has scored the most points on Cavalier in two seasons. Have to give them credit for that.

LaMoure scored 24 on them last year....North Star has 19 over last two years (lost 0-76 last year)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Big Blue » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:08 pm

Let me clarify and word it how I should have last time. In the past two seasons, no team has scored more points (scoring a touchdown, kicking a field, recording a safety or drop kick) than North Star (Cando, Bisbee and Egeland) has on Cavalier (the defending 2013 9-man state champions) in a single game of football in a regular season contest in the seasons of 2013 or 2014 (or what has taken place so far).
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby panthercub » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:44 pm

Big Blue wrote:Let me clarify and word it how I should have last time. In the past two seasons, no team has scored more points (scoring a touchdown, kicking a field, recording a safety or drop kick) than North Star (Cando, Bisbee and Egeland) has on Cavalier (the defending 2013 9-man state champions) in a single game of football in a regular season contest in the seasons of 2013 or 2014 (or what has taken place so far).

Exactly Big Blue! Sometimes you have to slow it down for the slow learners.
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:31 pm

Big Blue wrote:Let me clarify and word it how I should have last time.

or just admit you made a mistake
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby panthercub » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Flip wrote:
Big Blue wrote:Let me clarify and word it how I should have last time.

or just admit you made a mistake

Or not waste his time because most people can figure out what he meant!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:21 pm

pointless argument here...move on from it.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:22 pm

One thing I have always been able to appreciate is "Pride" North Star has it, I think they got beat at home in Basketball for the first time in like almost forever last season, either that or they still haven't, cant remember....anyways I think there is an element of "nobody comes to our town and thumps us" so the non-essentials start getting drummed...like rough play etc etc and we have scored the most etc etc

the bottom line is there is always a "faster gun" in anything or lets say most things in life....but it is important that you take Pride in your school and town and support it...its also important to take your talent to the utmost level while you have it, thats all the Tornadoes are doing and its being done on an individual basis first and then intertwining it into the Team....now you have a Unit that is tough to beat... :) ..play on!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to 9 - Man