2014 Polls

The teams in 9 Man

Re: 2014 Polls

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:39 pm

Flanker23 wrote:Shiloh Christian..Most over-rated team in the state. Not trying to bash them. But they better hope for a championship this season (or at least a Bowl appearance). As soon as they move back to playing teams in the East next year, I don't see them winning many games.

who is better than them outside of Cavalier?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby CountryDelight » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Flip wrote:
Flanker23 wrote:Shiloh Christian..Most over-rated team in the state. Not trying to bash them. But they better hope for a championship this season (or at least a Bowl appearance). As soon as they move back to playing teams in the East next year, I don't see them winning many games.

WNG, TGU ....... St John could even give them more than they need
CountryDelight
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bulldog_power » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Good thing it is playoff time so we can find out if Your right flanker.
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:43 pm

CountryDelight wrote:
Flip wrote:

Flanker, what makes you think the east is so much better than the west?

Country Delight, If you talking about this year then WNG, TGU, and St.Johns are not on the same level as Shiloh, Maybe next year it would be closer but not this year.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:55 pm

9-MAN
7th Poll
October 15th

1. Cavalier (13) 8-0 69
2. Shiloh Christian (1) 7-0 56
3. LaMoure-LM 7-1 41
4. Towner-Granville-Upham 7-1 11
5. Richardton-Taylor-Hebron 7-1 9
Others Receiving Votes: Hatton-Northwood (6-1) 8, St. John (7-1) 6, Westhope-Newburg-Glenburn (7-1) 4, Grant County-Flasher (6-1) 2, Richland (6-1) 2, North Star (5-2) 2.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Pit Bull » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:36 am

CountryDelight wrote:
Flip wrote:

Every team hopes for a championship! I don't think Shiloh is any different from any other school in the State. I guess I don't see how they are the most over-rated team in the State? 17-1 the last two years, isn't too shabby IMO. Every one that I have talked to looks forward to the challenge of moving to a different Region. Shiloh's JV and Middle school teams only lost two game by a total of 6 points this year, so I don't see a major decline in this program. They will have an outstanding line, veteran QB, and a lot of Juniors and Seniors who played JV this year. Should be an exciting time.

WNG, TGU and St. Johns are very talented teams, and it's anybody's guess who will represent the West in the Bowl. WNG had quite a run last year and another lower seed can do the same this year. Shiloh never played TGU last year (got their butts whooped in the playoffs the year before), but matched up very well against St Johns and WNG. Shiloh beat themselves in the WNG game, and WNG's QB capatalized on Shiloh's mistakes (he was a stud and had excellent blockers). Shiloh is a better well rounded team this year, but I wouldn't count out any of the top teams from Region 3 or 4. Heck Shiloh has a huge challenge against a very talented GC-F team that could be a challenge for any team.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby panthercub » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:26 am

It's St.John! Not St.Johns!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flanker23 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:22 am

Sniper wrote:
CountryDelight wrote:
Flip wrote:

Country Delight, If you talking about this year then WNG, TGU, and St.Johns are not on the same level as Shiloh, Maybe next year it would be closer but not this year.

The fact that Mott-Regent was the only team from the West to win a state championship since 1998.
And I'm sure if they played these teams, Richland, Hatton-Northwood. LaMoure LM, North Star, and Thompson would all put Shiloh down. The games might be close but Shiloh wouldn't win.
Flanker23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:32 am

HN, NS, and Thompson all have pretty decent teams, but I really think Shiloh would have no problem with them. Haven't seen LLM or Richland play, but from looking at the scores and the teams they have lost to or won close I don't think Shiloh would have a problem with them either.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bulldog_power » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:18 am

Regardless of who ends up winning the championship there are a lot of good teams every year and most years people believe the best teams doesn't win it. Everyone know regardless of sport it does take a bit of luck to win it. Must stay healthy and there is always a game where a team has to over come not playing its best or get a few bounces to go there way. Just look at when divide lost a couple years ago, two of their top three were out of the championship game for most of it. The outcome may have been the same but you never know. If for some reason cavalier doesn't win it, I don't think you would find anyone who doesn't think they are te most talented team. All the teams that get into the playoffs are good teams an have had to win games regardless of where they are from. Once the 16 teams are in, any team can win a game. It's just the nature of sports. There's a reason they play the games. I do think it's cavaliers to lose and I think the west is more open then the east is this year. I am sure Shiloh is a good team, but I am also sure there are other good teams in the west as well. No doubt that it will be more of a grind in the west then the east to get to the championship game.
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flanker23 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:24 am

I'm not trying to prove I'm right either. Just stating my opinion on how I feel. It's good to hear others feedback. It'd be nice to get this website back to where we share our opinions rather than everyone highlighting which teams are going to win every week. :roll:
Flanker23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bulldog_power » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:33 am

Flanker23 wrote:
Sniper wrote:
CountryDelight wrote:
Flip wrote:

The fact that Mott-Regent was the only team from the West to win a state championship since 1998.
And I'm sure if they played these teams, Richland, Hatton-Northwood. LaMoure LM, North Star, and Thompson would all put Shiloh down. The games might be close but Shiloh wouldn't win.

Mott won the championship in 2007 by they way.
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby woodchuck10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:57 pm

If you can't say St. John correctly don't even bother talking about us. Thanks panthercub.
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby woodchuck10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:42 pm

Rather than argue over a poll voted on by people who have only seen a handful of games this season lets see what you think about this. Any gamblers out there?

Would you take Cavalier or the field to win state and the field gets 30 points at state.
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:09 pm

Flanker23 wrote:I'm not trying to prove I'm right either. Just stating my opinion on how I feel. It's good to hear others feedback. It'd be nice to get this website back to where we share our opinions rather than everyone highlighting which teams are going to win every week. :roll:

if you're simply stating your opinion please don't phrase it like you're stating facts.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby panthercub » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:53 pm

woodchuck10 wrote:If you can't say St. John correctly don't even bother talking about us. Thanks panthercub.

No problem Woodchuck!

I like your last question I will take the field!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sniper » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:04 pm

Flanker23 wrote:
Sniper wrote:
CountryDelight wrote:
Flip wrote:

Funniest thing I've heard all week! It is literally laughable that you think this! Have you even watched one of Shilohs games this year? They have a really good line, two of the best running backs in the state, an athletic QB, and some other decent athletes. Also just because the East has had the champion team does not mean it is tougher competition top to bottom. Last year the East had the champion team but the West absolutely destroyed them in the Shrine game.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:16 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:HN, NS, and Thompson all have pretty decent teams, but I really think Shiloh would have no problem with them. Haven't seen LLM or Richland play, but from looking at the scores and the teams they have lost to or won close I don't think Shiloh would have a problem with them either.

LaMoure would likely pose the biggest challenge to Shiloh or Cavalier.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:58 pm

Sniper wrote:Funniest thing I've heard all week! It is literally laughable that you think this! Have you even watched one of Shilohs games this year? They have a really good line, two of the best running backs in the state, an athletic QB, and some other decent athletes. Also just because the East has had the champion team does not mean it is tougher competition top to bottom. Last year the East had the champion team but the West absolutely destroyed them in the Shrine game.

The west might have been better than the east, but basing it on Shrine game is laughable.

East beat the West in the NBA All Star game last season too.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sniper » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:56 am

Flip wrote:
Sniper wrote:Funniest thing I've heard all week! It is literally laughable that you think this! Have you even watched one of Shilohs games this year? They have a really good line, two of the best running backs in the state, an athletic QB, and some other decent athletes. Also just because the East has had the champion team does not mean it is tougher competition top to bottom. Last year the East had the champion team but the West absolutely destroyed them in the Shrine game.

The west might have been better than the east, but basing it on Shrine game is laughable.

It is the same thing as basing it off the championship game. If you're looking at the NBA the Heat won back to back titles on years when the West had way more competition.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby CountryDelight » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:20 am

Pit Bull wrote:
CountryDelight wrote:
Flip wrote:

Every team hopes for a championship! I don't think Shiloh is any different from any other school in the State. I guess I don't see how they are the most over-rated team in the State? 17-1 the last two years, isn't too shabby IMO. Every one that I have talked to looks forward to the challenge of moving to a different Region. Shiloh's JV and Middle school teams only lost two game by a total of 6 points this year, so I don't see a major decline in this program. They will have an outstanding line, veteran QB, and a lot of Juniors and Seniors who played JV this year. Should be an exciting time.

WNG, TGU and St. Johns are very talented teams, and it's anybody's guess who will represent the West in the Bowl. WNG had quite a run last year and another lower seed can do the same this year. Shiloh never played TGU last year (got their butts whooped in the playoffs the year before), but matched up very well against St Johns and WNG. Shiloh beat themselves in the WNG game, and WNG's QB capatalized on Shiloh's mistakes (he was a stud and had excellent blockers). Shiloh is a better well rounded team this year, but I wouldn't count out any of the top teams from Region 3 or 4. Heck Shiloh has a huge challenge against a very talented GC-F team that could be a challenge for any team.

TGU is more experienced this year WNG im not 100% sure on but no matter what they put a great playoff team on the field every year,And if St John and Shiloh meet that could be alot of points scored .
CountryDelight
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:08 am

Sniper wrote:It is the same thing as basing it off the championship game. If you're looking at the NBA the Heat won back to back titles on years when the West had way more competition.

Saying a conference is better based on an all star game or who wins the championship is stupid. Which is why I said neither.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:18 pm

Sniper wrote:
Flip wrote:

It is the same thing as basing it off the championship game. If you're looking at the NBA the Heat won back to back titles on years when the West had way more competition.

People say this all the time but when you look at statistics and records its not as lop-sided as you think in the NBA.....are there a better football players out west compared to east in ND? No....
its how our State is...its a rectangle, sorta like our country...so things get compared east to west like SD I am sure also and on down the line....MN is a north to south almost east to west state but you wont find arguments to where is the better Football player is in general, or where is the better competition....Like I've said before...Football takes and needs a huge tradition/dedication we know that....its programs etc etc
and even if the East has won the Ship a lot in 9-man that may not always be the case.. :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:16 pm

9-MAN
8th Poll
October 22nd

1. Cavalier (12) 9-0 60
2. Shiloh Christian 8-0 48
3. LaMoure-LM 8-1 34
4. TGU 8-1 20
5. Richardton-Taylor-Hebron 8-1 8
Others Receiving Votes: St. John (8-1) 7, Westhope-Newburg-Glenburn (8-1) 3.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:32 pm

CountryDelight wrote:
Flip wrote:

First week of the playoffs didn't back this very well.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man