2007 season

The teams in 9 Man

Postby USC4life » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:38 pm

DC loses their 2 running backs and they also lose big Zach Gjovig, prob  the best offensive/ defensive linemen in 9 man this past year.  anyone who got in his way paid for it!!!!! they are always overlooked but seem to  be there come playoff time
USC4life

Postby beachy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:50 pm

HFCT is no longer hcft. Fairmount and campbell-tintah are now going with roshotl SD and playing Sd teams...  as far as hankinson they have a core of people back.... leading rusher, leading pass reciever, and lots of young talent.. we return 7 that played defense this year and our top reciever Mauch is going to have his breakout season... all we need to do is to find a QB and we will be set.  they should be in the top of the standings in region 2 next yea.
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:14 pm

ndfan wrote:Well since the season is over why not start looking towards next year?, who are the teams to look for next year? Who are players to look for next year? Anybody have a OPINION?

I am suprised that Lakota has not come up, they only lose 4 seniors and have some great talent returning. They may lack depth next year but should be a team to watch.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sports guy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:45 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:
ndfan wrote:Well since the season is over why not start looking towards next year?, who are the teams to look for next year? Who are players to look for next year? Anybody have a OPINION?

I am suprised that Lakota has not come up, they only lose 4 seniors and have some great talent returning. They may lack depth next year but should be a team to watch.

I agree Lakota should be a good team next year.
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:06 pm

Sports guy wrote:
GRIDIRON GURU wrote:

who are the four seniors that lakota loses?
rep

Postby cardinal10 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:55 pm

Their QB, Wall, who was 1st team All-State D back. Harder, 1st team All-State lineman. Another lineman at 275 lbs. that hit like a ton of bricks and one other good player.  They will have to find a QB, and Lakota has a good group of tough kids that can play the line. Coach Harder will have another great season next year.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby fish » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:24 am

Mott/Regent will return again next year with a awesome team.  They will return a large number of starters and also have some more players step up that had lots of quality varsity time this year.  Brock Gion will be back and be a huge threat.  Also they return QB Brade Schweitzer, Devan Laufer, Elliot Kirschmann, Blaise Kautzman.  They will also have plenty of big guys on the line including Lance Olson and Charlie Crane.  Look for Mott/Regent to come back next year as a huge threat to Region 6!
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:23 am

rep wrote:
Sports guy wrote:

who are the four seniors that lakota loses?

Cory Wall QB/ LB

Kyler Harder Line

Jon Harris Line

James Ackerman WR/LB
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby mrboots » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:48 pm

Blaise was a senior wasnt he
mrboots
NDPreps Rookie

Postby beans3 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:14 pm

No he was a junior.
beans3

Postby Big Hitter » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:05 pm

Lakota should have a pretty good team this year. There line will be the big thing to fix up but coach harder will have them ready. James Olderbak is going to play QB he is a stong smart kid that can throw the ball really well. Lance Johansen is expected to have a huge year next year he rushed for 1200 yards and 19 td's plus he missed two and half games. Chris hoerth is going to be a big part of the team a second team all state linebacker. He is going to play full back and will punish people from that spot. He is 5'10" 200 pounds and he is pretty built. Tyson Ackerman is going to be a big time reciever, fun to watch!
Big Hitter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:16 am

ndfan wrote:I believe North Border will be 9-man next year and I think they could be a team to look for next year. They were a fairly young team only losing like 5 seniors. But they bring back some of their better players in QB Tanner Carpenter and WR Mike Smith who on roster is 6'4. I saw them play Cavalier this year and liked what I saw from those two. They will have some pretty good size boys on the line next year too. They should be pretty competitive in 9-man next year.

I have to agree with you here ndfan.  They also have their starting tailback and their best receiver coming back, dustyn chale.  Chale didn't get to play with carpenter this year because of a suspension for disciplinary reasons before the season and the week before he came back carpenter broke his collarbone in the 4th quarter of the harvey game when they were driving on the 50 yard line to try for the lead.  Their line should be pretty good and between smith, chale, and tyson taylor running the ball, carpenter is going to have a lot of options on offense.  I know coach jeff carpenter is going to have those boys ready for a great season, he always does.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north border » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:45 pm

i agree there too, last year north border had a good team until midseason when they lost carpenter because their passing game went with him, so when they get him back healthy next year along with a hard hitting back and linebacker tyson taylor, dustyn chale and mike smith at reciever, and a big group of lineman they should have a great offense to work with, but losing paul meyer will be a big factor for them because he was the heart of their defense last year so someone is probably going to have to step it up on d, it will most likely be carpenter and taylor who were 2nd and 3rd in tackles last year both at outside linebacker

when man stands on toilet he is high on pot
north border
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan_05 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:03 am

Region 1 predictions:

1.) Napoleon

2.) Edgeley/Kulm

3.) Ellendale

4.) Oakes

5.) Strasburg

6.) Wishek

7.) Sargent Central

8.) Steele-Dawson
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby homer » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:19 pm

how about region 2 its a lot different this year 8 teams i think if there is more please add

wyndmere-lidgerwood

hankinson

richland

hillsboro

northern cass

griggs county

hope page fin. sharon

barnes county

homer

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:44 am

homer wrote:how about region 2 its a lot different this year 8 teams i think if there is more please add

wyndmere-lidgerwood

hankinson

richland

hillsboro

northern cass

griggs county

hope page fin. sharon

barnes county

Region 2 is going to be tough as nails for a few years.   with the exception of griggs county.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:53 am

I would look for Sargent Central to be a little higher up on that list they return 11 juniors.

Coach Hangaard usually does well when he has some talent to work with.

Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:43 am

Here are my picks: 

Region 1: 1-Napoleon  2-Oakes   3- Edgeley/Kulm  4- Sargent Central  5-Ellendale  6-Wishek  7-Strasburg/Zeeland  8-Steele Dawson

Region 2:  1-Hankinson  2-Wyndmere/Lidgerwood  3- Hillsboro  4-Richland                5- Hope/Page/FS   6-Northern Cass  7-Griggs County  8- Barnes Co. N.

ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:18 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:I would look for Sargent Central to be a little higher up on that list they return 11 juniors.

Coach Hangaard usually does well when he has some talent to work with.

Yea... I was a little unsure about them, but usually the preseason picks mean nothing. I still think Napoleon is the team to beat with SD at the bottom.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby crete00 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:41 am

ndsportsfan98 wrote:Here are my picks: 

Region 1: 1-Napoleon  2-Oakes   3- Edgeley/Kulm  4- Sargent Central  5-Ellendale  6-Wishek  7-Strasburg/Zeeland  8-Steele Dawson

Region 2:  1-Hankinson  2-Wyndmere/Lidgerwood  3- Hillsboro  4-Richland                5- Hope/Page/FS   6-Northern Cass  7-Griggs County  8- Barnes Co. N.

Who does Hankinson have coming back that could put them at the top of the region besides Mauch?  I know Mauch is a heck of an athlete but he lost his QB in Asp, who was a candidate for senior of the year in 11A last year, and another big threat wideout in Hanson.  Teams may be more easily able to concentrate on him and shut him down unless there are some underclassmen that will be able to step up big that i am unaware of.
"In life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard!"

Theodore Roosevelt
crete00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:01 pm

I'm not sure what they are losing from FCT in their co-op, but I think they've got their top couple of running backs coming back.  Losing Asp will hurt, and i'm not sure what they've got waiting in the wings after him.  It seems to me a couple of their lineman are back as well, so I would guess their QB situation may determine how good they will be this year.  Wyndmere lost their QB, and two of their main receivers, along with a couple of lineman, but have some nice kids coming back and should towards the top of the region.  Hillsboro and Richland are both bringing back alot of kids.  Region 2 should be very competitive from top to bottom.  Does anyone know how many playoff teams from each region there will be with the new realignment?? Is it two from each region still?  If that's the case there will be a couple of good teams left out of the postseason. 
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cardinal10 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:01 pm

4 teams in the playoffs from each of 6 regions.  There will be some 1st round byes, but it hasn't been decided yet on a bracket.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby crete00 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:14 pm

I still believe Wyndmere has the upper hand in this region.  They have lost some key players for sure, but they had quite a bit of depth last year too.  Their QB situation should be nothing to worry about, and they have more than capable people to fill in the tailback and receiver spots than people think.
"In life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard!"

Theodore Roosevelt
crete00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:04 am

I agree that Wyndmere will have a very good season as well.  I really like this region and the quality teams it has.  Hankinson, Wyndmere, Hillsboro, and Richland all return some stud players. 
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sports guy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:59 am

crete00 wrote:
ndsportsfan98 wrote:Here are my picks: 

Who does Hankinson have coming back that could put them at the top of the region besides Mauch?  I know Mauch is a heck of an athlete but he lost his QB in Asp, who was a candidate for senior of the year in 11A last year, and another big threat wideout in Hanson.  Teams may be more easily able to concentrate on him and shut him down unless there are some underclassmen that will be able to step up big that i am unaware of.

Region 2 I would think Hillsboro would be a little higher i know they lose a couple of guys but not many. Who does Wyndmere/Lidgerwood  have coming back
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man