2007 season

The teams in 9 Man

Postby ricky bobby » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:00 pm

Big Hitter wrote:
nc wrote:Dp should be pretty good with nichols at qb running the show and severson running the ball. they only lost one good senior nick bye. Nichols is probably one of the best qb's in the state

DP should have a pretty good team they lost Bye but the only real football players they have are Nichols and Severson. Which is fine but they don't have much of a line.

i don't know if i'm 100% sure but i think DP has 2 returning all region picks from their line coming back next year in Vasichek and Higginbotham
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:28 am

ricky bobby wrote:
Big Hitter wrote:
nc wrote:Dp should be pretty good with nichols at qb running the show and severson running the ball. they only lost one good senior nick bye. Nichols is probably one of the best qb's in the state

DP should have a pretty good team they lost Bye but the only real football players they have are Nichols and Severson. Which is fine but they don't have much of a line.

i don't know if i'm 100% sure but i think DP has 2 returning all region picks from their line coming back next year in Vasichek and Higginbotham

I think the biggest question for DP is whose going to fill in for the linebacker positions?  2 years ago they had Lamb and Knudson, who both were 120 tacklers, and last year they had Bye who had like 140.  This year I don't know who it is going to be?

Magner is a smart, young coach, who gets what needs out of his players.  He puts them through he weights in the offseason and finds players to play in places that they usually don't play.  Example, Lamb his junior year playing gaurd and senior year playing fullback. 

Last year he put in the spread offense and Nichols and Severson thrived.  They have Frederick, Brodell, and Ham coming back at 3 of the 4 wide out spots. Higgabothom at center and Vasicheck at gaurd coming back.  Nichols there QB and Severson ther RB back.  That is 7 out of 9 starts back on offense.  They have a couple kids on there JV that have potential to play wide receiver and o-line so it will be interesting.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby ricky bobby » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:59 am

well put pakkyzoo.....well put
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Hitter » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:16 am

Thats true they have two returning all- region 2nd team line men but to be honest on most teams they wouldn't of been all region Granted they won Seven games but no really good teams.
Big Hitter

Postby ricky bobby » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:10 pm

well couldn't lakota be considered to only have 3 real players (hoerth, olderbak, johanssen) just like big hitter said DP only has 2 real players
Last edited by ricky bobby on Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby tommykramer » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:42 am

Richland has two all-staters back, one that is a two timer.  Plus 8 returning starters, their record was 6-2 last year and had they not lost Woodberry they might not have lost those two.  That being said, Region 2 from top to bottom will definately be a challenge.  I really don't see any team making its way through this region undefeated. 

Region three will be a three team race with North Border, Dakota Prairie and Lakota vying it out.  Central Valley will be very down next year.  If they finish over .500 Randy Vigen should be coach of the year next year. 

Region 1 wil be the old standbyes Napoleon and Edgely Kulm, with Sargeant Central (Hangaard's kid is going to be tough) and maybe Ellendale making some noise.  I think Ellendale brings back most of their starters and the fastest player in the state in Peldo.
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hunterlaf » Thu May 10, 2007 4:59 am

1.  Williams Co (Tioga Ray)

2.  Divide Co

3.  Berthold- OR

4.  Glenburn

5.  Westhope

6.  Trenton

7.  M-L-S

8.  Surrey

9.  Parshall/White Shield

Trenton come oneyou think that they would be better than Parshall M-L-S or Surrey jeez what do you know! New Coop parshall combining with White Sheild for football.
Last edited by Hunterlaf on Thu May 10, 2007 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classb_fan00 » Thu May 10, 2007 7:14 am

I think Hillsboro is going to be awfully tough this season. Grothman is a complete stud
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sports guy » Thu May 10, 2007 7:46 am

classb_fan00 wrote:I think Hillsboro is going to be awfully tough this season. Grothman is a complete stud

Grothman is going to run over everyone. Hillsboro has a good chace at taking region 2 this year. It won't be easy with Richland and Hankinson and throw in wyndmere-lidgerwood
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby lightning » Thu May 10, 2007 3:48 pm

tommykramer wrote:
UNDHeisman wrote:TL-M/Underwood will be very tough. TL-M returns 6 starters from their runner up team and Underwood has a decent amount of solid players. You may see this co-op being deep enough to only play certain players both ways. This could create a big advantage as far as fatigue goes. I would say that this team will be the preseason #1 by most 9-man gurus.

Already lobbying for a #1 ranking???  I'm sure this is going to hurt some feelings but, I was not that impressed with TL-M.  Take into account that they are losing their best player, and I don't see how they start the season off #1.  Napoleon will be good again next year, with McCleary, Gross, and Laber all coming back.  There were some people that said Gross was the better runner of the two.  Not near as physical as Dewald but a better runner.
Gross is pretty fast, but there is a difference from fast and quickness and thats where he shines EXTREMELY quick.
lightning
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Thu May 10, 2007 5:51 pm

seemed like he was real shifty, too. dewald hit the hole and well...he hit the hole. gross seemed like he would take 15 steps on a two-yard run. that isn't he bounced back and forth or anything, but he had those quick, choppy steps which would let him cut quick.
rep

Postby lightning » Thu May 10, 2007 5:59 pm

Yea its nice to have mccleary blocking for u 2 i wouldnt wanna be in front of him
lightning
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Thu May 10, 2007 6:03 pm

especially that first game of next season...i have a feeling that lil krissy is going to take out some frustration from missing the state championship.
rep

Postby baseball » Thu May 10, 2007 6:22 pm

rep wrote:especially that first game of next season...i have a feeling that lil krissy is going to take out some frustration from missing the state championship.

didnt he get hurt early in the game or did he not even dress?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu May 10, 2007 6:25 pm

baseball wrote:
rep wrote:especially that first game of next season...i have a feeling that lil krissy is going to take out some frustration from missing the state championship.

if i remember right he didn't dress, but he was a late scratch. he screwed up his ankle in the semis against lakota (i think it was them) pretty early in the game...i think he ended up not playing any offense the rest of that game and hobbled around from his lb position on d. but after the game it swelled up pretty bad.
rep

Postby busch3434 » Thu May 10, 2007 6:59 pm

beachy wrote:HFCT is no longer hcft. Fairmount and campbell-tintah are now going with roshotl SD and playing Sd teams...  as far as hankinson they have a core of people back.... leading rusher, leading pass reciever, and lots of young talent.. we return 7 that played defense this year and our top reciever Mauch is going to have his breakout season... all we need to do is to find a QB and we will be set.  they should be in the top of the standings in region 2 next yea.

yes they will be, but mind u now that i know you're true identity, kind of a biased opinion because you still play for them my friend!!!
busch3434
NDPreps Starter

Postby busch3434 » Thu May 10, 2007 7:07 pm

Sports guy wrote:
crete00 wrote:
ndsportsfan98 wrote:Here are my picks: 

Region 1: 1-Napoleon  2-Oakes   3- Edgeley/Kulm  4- Sargent Central  5-Ellendale  6-Wishek  7-Strasburg/Zeeland  8-Steele Dawson

Region 2:  1-Hankinson  2-Wyndmere/Lidgerwood  3- Hillsboro  4-Richland                5- Hope/Page/FS   6-Northern Cass  7-Griggs County  8- Barnes Co. N.

Who does Hankinson have coming back that could put them at the top of the region besides Mauch?  I know Mauch is a heck of an athlete but he lost his QB in Asp, who was a candidate for senior of the year in 11A last year, and another big threat wideout in Hanson.  Teams may be more easily able to concentrate on him and shut him down unless there are some underclassmen that will be able to step up big that i am unaware of.

Region 2 I would think Hillsboro would be a little higher i know they lose a couple of guys but not many. Who does Wyndmere/Lidgerwood  have coming back

they have three very talented running backs that will be making one heck of an impact, mainly because they have the ability to double as receivers.  2 of them have the exact same build as Jon Griffith from richland, short and quick but the thing they have is the ability to pound the ball for their size.  few questions at quarterback and the line but there is quite a bit of talent coming up.  I saw somebody saying hangaard does some good with sargent central, but if i'm correct i believe he is no longer coaching there this coming year.  he's moving to hankinson and his son is going to play there, and he is a quarterback ironically....again i'm not 100% sure on this but I think i am.
busch3434
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bando » Fri May 11, 2007 4:44 am

Hunterlaf wrote:

2.  Divide Co

3.  Berthold- OR

4.  Glenburn

5.  Westhope

6.  Trenton

7.  M-L-S

8.  Surrey

Trenton come oneyou think that they would be better than Parshall M-L-S or Surrey jeez what do you know! New Coop parshall combining with White Sheild for football.

When I made these predicitions I only really looked at the real contenders for the playoff spots.  Williams Co, Divide Co, Berthold, Gelnburn, and Westhope will battle it out for the four playoff spots.  You might as well draw the bottom four teams out of a hat when making your predictions for the 6-9 spots, none of the teams will be a contender.  As for White Shield, do you really think that Parshall is going to get any contributers?  Losing North Shore will hurt Parsahll a ton.
Bando
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classb_fan00 » Fri May 11, 2007 7:58 am

Hunterlaf wrote:

2.  Divide Co

3.  Berthold- OR

4.  Glenburn

5.  Westhope

6.  Trenton

7.  M-L-S

8.  Surrey

i think hillsboro is going to be top 10. after playing and watching htem play lastyear, i think they're going to be very good.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Brady Langan » Fri May 11, 2007 9:53 am

St. John should be one of the top teams iff we play team football and we block
Brady Langan

Postby nd_schwab » Fri May 11, 2007 5:32 pm

i think that if any team blocks and play football they can be good
nd_schwab
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RB/LB 34 » Fri May 11, 2007 6:22 pm

rep wrote:
baseball wrote:

if i remember right he didn't dress, but he was a late scratch. he screwed up his ankle in the semis against lakota (i think it was them) pretty early in the game...i think he ended up not playing any offense the rest of that game and hobbled around from his lb position on d. but after the game it swelled up pretty bad.

McCleary did dress for the championship game and did play, but I dont think he even made it through the first offensive series. You could tell his ankle wasnt even close to healed. He limped through the holes lead blocking and was, in a sense, ineffective because of the injury. And from there, he watched the game from the sidelines.
RB/LB 34
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Sun May 13, 2007 10:11 am

RB/LB 34 wrote:
rep wrote:
baseball wrote:

McCleary did dress for the championship game and did play, but I dont think he even made it through the first offensive series. You could tell his ankle wasnt even close to healed. He limped through the holes lead blocking and was, in a sense, ineffective because of the injury. And from there, he watched the game from the sidelines.

do you remember who ended up subbing for him? i can't seem to remember who jumped in for him on o and d?
rep

Postby RB/LB 34 » Sun May 13, 2007 3:13 pm

No I dont remember who subbed in for him. I just remember the announcers talking about how disappointing it was for him to leave with an injury
RB/LB 34
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND_Coach » Mon May 14, 2007 5:34 am

On offense Cole Laber moved from center to Fullback.  I don't know who played for him on D
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man