2007 season

The teams in 9 Man

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:16 am

Hillsboro lost their QB and tailback, but return their fullback Grothman.  Gordon (QB) ran their option offense VERY well, and will be tough to replace.  They've got a couple of lineman back up front who are pretty physical.  Your right, they will be a good team as well this upcoming season, which will make this region very competitive. 
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby crete00 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:58 am

Wyndmere returns their starting RB in Chris McKay and also their FB Zach Puetz.  Both were very productive last year and McKay should fare well in 9 man.  They got two good receivers in Garrett Heitkamp and Dusty Vosberg returning to replace Duncan and Hoffert.  Not sure who will replace Helmer at QB but I'm thinking they will most likely be a running team anyway.  The switch to 9 man will definitely help their line situation, having to put two less people out there.  They have a couple of big lineman that will be sophomores and one of them saw some playing time last year. 
"In life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard!"

Theodore Roosevelt
crete00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bando » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:13 am

There hasn't been much talk about the teams out west so I figured that I would get it started.  Here are my early 07 predictions for Region 5.

1.  Williams Co (Tioga Ray)

2.  Divide Co

3.  Berthold- OR

4.  Glenburn

5.  Westhope

6.  Trenton

7.  M-L-S

8.  Surrey

9.  Parshall

I have heard that both Central McClean (UTLM) and Mott Regent will be very good in region 6.  I think they play first game of the year so one will be established as the team to beat early on.  I would guess that Richardton will also be in the mix. 

I don't know a lot about some of the teams in region 4, but based on reputation and coaching I would have to tab NCB as the favorite 
Bando
NDPreps Reserve

Postby beachy » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:39 am

Hankinson losses a couple of ppl but they still have a great reciver in mauch and 2 running backs in Jake Brandenburger and Curtie Krump... Kump is also an outstanding DE.. We will also have a couple of Sophmores stepping up next year... 
The line is pretty much back on defense...
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby andy_7 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:06 am

Are there any A-teams comming down that will be in contention for there perspective regions? Not really familiar with the new divisions here.
andy_7

Postby crete00 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:22 am

beachy wrote:Hankinson losses a couple of ppl but they still have a great reciver in mauch and 2 running backs in Jake Brandenburger and Curtie Krump... Kump is also an outstanding DE.. We will also have a couple of Sophmores stepping up next year... 

Any idea who will replace Asp at QB?  That is a huge loss for Hankinson.  Mauch is a great receiver but only if someone can get the ball to him.
"In life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard!"

Theodore Roosevelt
crete00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:31 am

andy_7 wrote:Are there any A-teams comming down that will be in contention for there perspective regions? Not really familiar with the new divisions here.

Lisbon will be tough
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby crete00 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:54 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:
andy_7 wrote:Are there any A-teams comming down that will be in contention for there perspective regions? Not really familiar with the new divisions here.

Lisbon will be tough

Lisbon is dropping from AA to A?  Wow!  They were a perennial powerhouse in AA and could be an immediate favorite in A.  They must be pretty excited about that.

Theodore Roosevelt
crete00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:03 pm

Lisbon will do well, but AA has some very weak teams especially in the East.

Lisbon lost to Lamoure in their opener last year.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby classb_fan00 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:03 pm

homer wrote:how about region 2 its a lot different this year 8 teams i think if there is more please add

wyndmere-lidgerwood

hankinson

richland

hillsboro

northern cass

griggs county

hope page fin. sharon

barnes county

bcn hpfn and griggs all have pretty young teams coming back.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby double » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:04 pm

Is North Border coming down to nine-man? Havent they been pretty decent in 11 or what is the deal?
double

Postby Bando » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:59 am

Williams Co is moving down to nine man from class a.  They should be a contender.  Tiogo has a lot of good athletes, and Ray has some big kids.  They are one of the few teams to beat Velva in the past couple years in the class a ranks.
Bando
NDPreps Reserve

Postby beachy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:40 am

crete00 wrote:
beachy wrote:Hankinson losses a couple of ppl but they still have a great reciver in mauch and 2 running backs in Jake Brandenburger and Curtie Krump... Kump is also an outstanding DE.. We will also have a couple of Sophmores stepping up next year... 

Any idea who will replace Asp at QB?  That is a huge loss for Hankinson.  Mauch is a great receiver but only if someone can get the ball to him.

More than likely a Sophmore in alex Altoff...He didint play much this season on the jv level bc he broke his thumb in preseason drills on a  kids thigh goin for the tackle messed it up pretty bad... but i know he is oing to a couple of QB only camps so that should help out a lil...
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby beachy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:40 am

crete00 wrote:

More than likely a Sophmore in alex Altoff...He didint play much this season on the jv level bc he broke his thumb in preseason drills on a  kids thigh goin for the tackle messed it up pretty bad... but i know he is oing to a couple of QB only camps so that should help out a lil...
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sports guy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:43 am

I know that Griggs Co.is moving down from A .  but they won't make a impact on Region 2
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby andy_7 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:50 am

I'm waiting for Velva and Drake to co-op in football, the Tri-County football co-op has been rattling the past few years and I dont know how much longer it will last.
andy_7

Postby Big Hitter » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:15 am

andy_7 wrote:I'm waiting for Velva and Drake to co-op in football, the Tri-County football co-op has been rattling the past few years and I dont know how much longer it will last.
Tri county went to the state semis two years ago. I don't see much wrong with their co-op Every school goes through a down period.
Big Hitter

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am

Bando wrote:

Williams Co is moving down to nine man from class a.  They should be a contender.  Tiogo has a lot of good athletes, and Ray has some big kids.  They are one of the few teams to beat Velva in the past couple years in the class a ranks.

Who are the big kids from Ray, cuz i dont know any other than the  schmidt twins and they arent that big
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby bill » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:43 am

look for st.john to be a playoff contender in the 07 season. they have a great group of players coming up and their jv and junior high teams haven't lost a game in three years
bill
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:36 pm

bill wrote:look for st.john to be a playoff contender in the 07 season. they have a great group of players coming up and their jv and junior high teams haven't lost a game in three years

So the jv team that went undefeated three years ago must have been juniors in the 06 season, and i dont think they won a game in 06, and i know they didnt win one in the 05 season. So i dont know if im gonna buy what your saying.
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby bill » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:27 pm

i dont know thats just what i heard
bill
NDPreps Reserve

Postby andy_7 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:48 am

Big Hitter wrote:
andy_7 wrote:I'm waiting for Velva and Drake to co-op in football, the Tri-County football co-op has been rattling the past few years and I dont know how much longer it will last.
Tri county went to the state semis two years ago. I don't see much wrong with their co-op Every school goes through a down period.

what i ment by that was that the schools were having problems with practice scheduales and people were in the area were wondering if they were going to be able to keep the co-op.
andy_7

Postby nc » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:07 am

Dp should be pretty good with nichols at qb running the show and severson running the ball. they only lost one good senior nick bye. Nichols is probably one of the best qb's in the state
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Hitter » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:47 am

nc wrote:Dp should be pretty good with nichols at qb running the show and severson running the ball. they only lost one good senior nick bye. Nichols is probably one of the best qb's in the state

DP should have a pretty good team they lost Bye but the only real football players they have are Nichols and Severson. Which is fine but they don't have much of a line.
Big Hitter

Postby punisher_47 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:16 pm

i wouldnt be sure to cancel surrey or MLS out. Surrey has a mean sophmore this year coming back, Kory Solberg coming back a knee injury i hear i gonna run the ball for them. As well as the little Gebur kid taking snaps. MLS also has a few outstanding players in Brock Steves who will be taking snaps and Andy Klabo who has the speed.
punisher_47

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man