2007 season

The teams in 9 Man

Postby ndfan » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:11 pm

Well since the season is over why not start looking towards next year?, who are the teams to look for next year? Who are players to look for next year? Anybody have a OPINION?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby jlr48 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:39 pm

I looked at TLM's roster and they have quite a few players coming back. Since they are co-op'ing with underwood, what does underwood have returning as far as starters? The two teams coming together could possibly cause some competition within the team for starting spots, which only makes them better as a team.
jlr48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_Coach » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:41 pm

Region 2 will be tough.  Richland started a lot of sophomores, Hillsboro also had a lot of young kids playing.  Now they are adding Wydmere-Lidgerwood who was a semi-finalist in 11A and Hankinson who was also a playoff team in 11A.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:21 pm

ND_Coach wrote:Region 2 will be tough.  Richland started a lot of sophomores, Hillsboro also had a lot of young kids playing.  Now they are adding Wydmere-Lidgerwood who was a semi-finalist in 11A and Hankinson who was also a playoff team in 11A.

lisbon is going from class aa to class a if i remember right, but is there another team moving there to account for wl and hfct going to 9-man?
rep

Postby ndfan » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:34 pm

I believe North Border will be 9-man next year and I think they could be a team to look for next year. They were a fairly young team only losing like 5 seniors. But they bring back some of their better players in QB Tanner Carpenter and WR Mike Smith who on roster is 6'4. I saw them play Cavalier this year and liked what I saw from those two. They will have some pretty good size boys on the line next year too. They should be pretty competitive in 9-man next year.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_Coach » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:42 pm

rep wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:Region 2 will be tough.  Richland started a lot of sophomores, Hillsboro also had a lot of young kids playing.  Now they are adding Wydmere-Lidgerwood who was a semi-finalist in 11A and Hankinson who was also a playoff team in 11A.

lisbon is going from class aa to class a if i remember right, but is there another team moving there to account for wl and hfct going to 9-man?

Milnor/North Sargent is Moving up to class A.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:42 pm

Reid Haagenson from Leeds is an all-state caliber player for sure among others who played so well this year as under classmen, they will need some guys to step up and fill wholes on the line. Not so sure on NCB's status but they'll be okay, not great, but okay.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby tommykramer » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:26 am

ND_Coach wrote:
rep wrote:

Northern Cass made the 11 man playoffs and is in this region.  I believe that 4 of the 7 11 man teams that moved down are now in this region with Griggs county Central being the 4th team.  I agree with ND Coach.  Hillsboro, Richland, Barnes County and Hope-Page were all fairly young with both Hillsboro and Richland having a lot of talent in their youth.  Hope-Page adds 3 of Griggs best kids in their new co-op with Finley-Sharon and 3 11 man playoff teams from this past season makes this region real interesting.  Milnor will probably be pretty competitive next year in 11 man, they had a nice mix of youth and seniors.
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby zags_22 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:20 am

Mott/Regent is gonna be tough again.  Look for them to make some noise in the newly defined region 6.  Should be a good year of football with the entire line returning plus the return of brock gion. gonna love watchin him fly around again.
zags_22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby UNDHeisman » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:51 am

TL-M/Underwood will be very tough. TL-M returns 6 starters from their runner up team and Underwood has a decent amount of solid players. You may see this co-op being deep enough to only play certain players both ways. This could create a big advantage as far as fatigue goes. I would say that this team will be the preseason #1 by most 9-man gurus.
UNDHeisman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:14 am

UNDHeisman wrote:TL-M/Underwood will be very tough. TL-M returns 6 starters from their runner up team and Underwood has a decent amount of solid players. You may see this co-op being deep enough to only play certain players both ways. This could create a big advantage as far as fatigue goes. I would say that this team will be the preseason #1 by most 9-man gurus.

Who is going to coach the Co-op?  Will it be Docktor from Underwood or Sundquist from TLM, or will they have co-head coaches like Divde Co. or Edgely-Kulm?  What will the mascot and colors be?
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sports guy » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:44 am

Hillsboro will be a very good team next year. I don't remember how many there losing but its not many.Most Starters will be back.
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby andy_7 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:09 am

NCB is always solid.  There biggest problem is replacing the skill positions especially bowman.
andy_7

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:22 am

Bowman will be replaced easily. Darling at QB will not. They basically had no backup qb this year so they'll have to find one in the offseason.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby USC4life » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:09 pm

DC will be back again, although the four seniors that they lose were all great players, they always seem to reload.  three straight state final fours,  why not a fourth!!!
USC4life

Postby classb_fan00 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:45 pm

Sports guy wrote:Hillsboro will be a very good team next year. I don't remember how many there losing but its not many.Most Starters will be back.

I agree. Grothman is a stud.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Pfenix » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:18 pm

Mott/Regent is gonna make some noise again.  They will have 13 seniors next year, most of whom were either starters or saw considerable varsity playing time.  Seven of them were All-conference selections, and three were on the all-region team. Not to mention the return of all staters Brock Gion and Devan Laufer.  They have a large under-class to add depth, and all around the team is very experienced. 
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby tommykramer » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:39 am

UNDHeisman wrote:TL-M/Underwood will be very tough. TL-M returns 6 starters from their runner up team and Underwood has a decent amount of solid players. You may see this co-op being deep enough to only play certain players both ways. This could create a big advantage as far as fatigue goes. I would say that this team will be the preseason #1 by most 9-man gurus.

Already lobbying for a #1 ranking???  I'm sure this is going to hurt some feelings but, I was not that impressed with TL-M.  Take into account that they are losing their best player, and I don't see how they start the season off #1.  Napoleon will be good again next year, with McCleary, Gross, and Laber all coming back.  There were some people that said Gross was the better runner of the two.  Not near as physical as Dewald but a better runner.
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:01 pm

Ive been trying to do my homework on the TLM/Underwood Coop, and looking forward to it! They will field 15 Seniors and alot of talent. They of course lose 3 All-Staters, but as a program should take a step forward. Fast Eddie wont be replaced (to much playmaking ability) as far as individual performance. They however have the ability to pound teams with good size and numbers. If they find a good fit and balance on the offensive side, they should return to the same level. As far as pre-season rankings and who will be #1, I wouldnt have a clue. Knowing that it doesnt matter, is the truth. I will say that they deserve a top 5 ranking though. They move from a small 9man team, to a large team with numbers.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:53 pm

The revamped Region 2 should be very competitive.  Wyndmere, Hankinson, Hillsboro, and Richland should make a very tough region.  Throw in Hope-Page, Northern Cass, and Griggs Co. and to have 4(???) teams come out of the region for the playoffs, every game in the regular season will be important.  Anyone have any insight on what this region will look like at the end of the season?
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby andy_7 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:31 pm

jwb262 wrote:Ive been trying to do my homework on the TLM/Underwood Coop, and looking forward to it! They will field 15 Seniors and alot of talent. They of course lose 3 All-Staters, but as a program should take a step forward. Fast Eddie wont be replaced (to much playmaking ability) as far as individual performance. They however have the ability to pound teams with good size and numbers. If they find a good fit and balance on the offensive side, they should return to the same level. As far as pre-season rankings and who will be #1, I wouldnt have a clue. Knowing that it doesnt matter, is the truth. I will say that they deserve a top 5 ranking though. They move from a small 9man team, to a large team with numbers
preseason rankings dont mean a thing, even the first few weeks of rankings dont either, all they show is that you had a good season last year and your a decent team at that moment in time
andy_7

Postby Sports guy » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:12 pm

tommykramer wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:
rep wrote:

Northern Cass made the 11 man playoffs and is in this region.  I believe that 4 of the 7 11 man teams that moved down are now in this region with Griggs county Central being the 4th team.  I agree with ND Coach.  Hillsboro, Richland, Barnes County and Hope-Page were all fairly young with both Hillsboro and Richland having a lot of talent in their youth.  Hope-Page adds 3 of Griggs best kids in their new co-op with Finley-Sharon and 3 11 man playoff teams from this past season makes this region real interesting.  Milnor will probably be pretty competitive next year in 11 man, they had a nice mix of youth and seniors.
Hillsboro and Richland will be competing for a couple years then look for Hope page and Barnes County. Barnes County started 5 freshman throught the season Hope page had 4 freshman starting.
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby beans3 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:11 am

USC4life wrote:DC will be back again, although the four seniors that they lose were all great players, they always seem to reload.  three straight state final fours,  why not a fourth!!!

Who were DC's seniors that they lost?
beans3

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:08 am

ya dc only lost 4 seniors, but theyll get overlooked once again like they do every year.  
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby classb_fan00 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:46 am

Hillsboro and Richland will be competing for a couple years then look for Hope page and Barnes County. Barnes County started 5 freshman throught the season Hope page had 4 freshman starting.

I agree. Hillsboro is going to be really tough next year. Richland is going to be pretty good too. I don't know much about Hope Page.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to 9 - Man