2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

The teams in 9 Man

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 pm

The Schwab wrote:I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned this. I was at the Shiloh vs. divide county game on Saturday in Bismarck. There was a player injured from DC ( I hope he is ok because that was one of the scariest hits I've seen live ). There were 2 things about this situation that really made me nervous and by the end of the situation made me down right angry. 1st: I was always under the impression that a High school football game in North Dakota had to have an ambulance present ( there wasn't one at this game and took 15 minutes to get there ) and 2: once the ambulance got there it wasn't allowed to drive on the field ( the young man had an apparent neck injury that appeared to be serious ). Maybe I am over thinking this but it appeared to be a clear case of negligence.

Hope he's okay too...

You are not required to have an ambulance on site (however many smaller towns/cities tend to have one there).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:01 pm

I know some private schools struggle make ends meet, but I don't think Shiloh is one of those schools. Maybe they can find some donations so they can have one at the semifinal game.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:13 pm

Flip wrote:I know some private schools struggle make ends meet, but I don't think Shiloh is one of those schools. Maybe they can find some donations so they can have one at the semifinal game.

You would think that in a large town/city you could have one on standby...but sometimes that's not always the case. I know at Oak Grove (Fargo) they don't have one at the game...but the north-side hospital is 1/2 mile away...so the wait time wouldn't be too long.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Gunning4ya » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:59 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned this. I was at the Shiloh vs. divide county game on Saturday in Bismarck. There was a player injured from DC ( I hope he is ok because that was one of the scariest hits I've seen live ). There were 2 things about this situation that really made me nervous and by the end of the situation made me down right angry. 1st: I was always under the impression that a High school football game in North Dakota had to have an ambulance present ( there wasn't one at this game and took 15 minutes to get there ) and 2: once the ambulance got there it wasn't allowed to drive on the field ( the young man had an apparent neck injury that appeared to be serious ). Maybe I am over thinking this but it appeared to be a clear case of negligence.

Hope he's okay too...

You are not required to have an ambulance on site (however many smaller towns/cities tend to have one there).

If you have a sports medicine person at the game then an ambulance is not required to be there. Most small schools have volunteer EMTs that are at the game so they will bring the rig just in case. Bismarck/Mandan do not have a volunteer unit.

No one likes to see a player get hurt.
Gunning4ya
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:46 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:You would think that in a large town/city you could have one on standby...but sometimes that's not always the case. I know at Oak Grove (Fargo) they don't have one at the game...but the north-side hospital is 1/2 mile away...so the wait time wouldn't be too long.

That makes sense I had never thought of that. In my HS days (late 90s) we had an ambulance at our home games and the hospital was right across the street. The school I'm at now has one at it's home games and the nearest hospital is 15 miles away.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:22 am

Flip wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:You would think that in a large town/city you could have one on standby...but sometimes that's not always the case. I know at Oak Grove (Fargo) they don't have one at the game...but the north-side hospital is 1/2 mile away...so the wait time wouldn't be too long.

That makes sense I had never thought of that. In my HS days (late 90s) we had an ambulance at our home games and the hospital was right across the street. The school I'm at now has one at it's home games and the nearest hospital is 15 miles away.

Yup same with my high school, I actually cant remember a game ive ever been to where the ambulance hasn't been there. Also I think its even worse the ambulance couldn't drive onto the field.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lovefootball88 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:03 pm

Was at the game as well.... There were two trainers on site and they did a great job.... Ugly hit, thought both kids could have been hurt... Was disappointed how long it took as well... did find out that the kid went home that night with his parents so that was good...

Was impressed that all the boys from both teams met in the middle of the field and prayed for the kid...
lovefootball88
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to 9 - Man