Postponed games

The teams in 9 Man

Postponed games

Postby bulldog_power » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:56 pm

What are the rules on postponed games? Is it up to the home teams or do both teams have to agree? All of region 4 postponed And I was surprised that center would be willing to postpone considering how much the weather would effect what grant county likes to do. If you know the rules on that I would love to know them
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Re: Postponed games

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:03 pm

bulldog_power wrote:What are the rules on postponed games? Is it up to the home teams or do both teams have to agree? All of region 4 postponed And I was surprised that center would be willing to postpone considering how much the weather would effect what grant county likes to do. If you know the rules on that I would love to know them

I would have to imagine if the field/conditions was not safe...neither coach would have wanted to play and risk injuries.

I believe, it's the home team's decision if it's a field situation. If its a travel situation (as it easily could have been too) for the visiting team...I'm sure that's a dual agreement between coaches.

(partial speculation...but it just seems logical)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Postponed games

Postby Indy5 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
bulldog_power wrote:What are the rules on postponed games? Is it up to the home teams or do both teams have to agree? All of region 4 postponed And I was surprised that center would be willing to postpone considering how much the weather would effect what grant county likes to do. If you know the rules on that I would love to know them

I would have to imagine if the field/conditions was not safe...neither coach would have wanted to play and risk injuries.

I believe, it's the home team's decision if it's a field situation. If its a travel situation (as it easily could have been too) for the visiting team...I'm sure that's a dual agreement between coaches.

(partial speculation...but it just seems logical)

Well if no travel is advised, you can't play obviously. So there's a situation where neither team has a say really.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man