TL-M V. NAPOLEON

The teams in 9 Man

Postby goatspeed » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:00 am

pro341 wrote:
goatspeed wrote:And, Collum's alleged injury that wasn't noticable to anyone at the game, wasn't mentioned on any radio report (while other injuries more mild than a "ligament tear" were), and wasn't noted in any reports that I've found in an papers yet.  It started out in this thread as a "tweak" and has now progressed to a "ligament tear".  By next week at this time I expect him to be in traction. 

That just shows how crappy the media covers games. I suppose you didn't notice the 2 pounds of tape around his ankle and foot holding things in place? Didn't think so...

I started the tweak thing early cuz I didn't know the extent of the injury. It was much worse than I thought it was mostly because he played the whole game, which shows a lot of heart. Where was Krissy McCleary at with his bad ankle? Hmmm. I think he's just a wussy wrestler that can't play with pain. Most athletes worth their salt suits it up for a championship game.

The simple explaination is that McCleary actually had an injury, and Collum and all his fanboys here had an excuse.  Two different things obviously.  But ya, McCleary must have had a pretty bad injury not to play through the game. 

goatspeed

Postby goatspeed » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:02 am

jlr48 wrote:If the napoleon O-line was making holes big enough to drive a car through, they should have had far more than 26 points and the rushing yardage would have been much higher. And if the game was over by halftime, why did the Napoleon players have to play their hearts out til the last couple minutes of the game? I guarantee if they would've let up even a little bit the ending would have been completely different.

Hmm, I think good/real teams do play their hearts out...unlike TLM giving up at the end like they did...or run out of gas by the superior Napoleon team.

I think it's clear to everyone but the TLM fanboys on the thread here that Napoleon didn't play the best opponent, just the cinderella team that knocked off the good teams, then let their true quality show in the title game.  Seriously, I don't see how Napoleon could have lost that game to TLM injuries and alleged ones aside. 
goatspeed

Postby Indagame » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:10 am

Well said goatspeed.  Its the state championship game, i'm pretty sure that mccleary would of played if he could of.  napoleon did fight till the end of the game and played without one of there better players.   That shows how much heart they had and how a state championship team should play.
Indagame

Postby Pfenix » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:12 am

Who cares what could have happened.  What team scored more points and won the game?!  Napoleon
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indagame » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:22 am

Exactly.......Woulda.......Coulda.....Shoulda
Indagame

Postby jlr48 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:24 am

Napoleon did play a very good, clean game and proved to be the better team that day. TL-M made too many errors and still hung in there til the end, I think they deserve credit for keeping the game that close. Usually in a championship game if you make that many mistakes you're gonna pay for it worse than they did. Congratulations to both teams for proving you are both the best teams in the state on any given day.
jlr48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goatspeed » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:24 am

Pfenix wrote:Who cares what could have happened.  What team scored more points and won the game?!  Napoleon

No doubt, but you have the TLM fans here thinking the game was close despite the score...and to make themselves feel better they are telling themselves and posting for others that the game was won by a hair.  When a team is outclassed as were the trojans, and there is a difference between being beaten and being COMPLETELY OUTCLASSED, when you bring up these "what ifs" the facts like time of posession, turnovers, etc will come to the conclusion that there was no way baring freaky bad luck that Napoleon would have lost that game. 
goatspeed

Postby jlr48 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:31 am

I know the fans from TLM were pulling for Napoleon to make it to the championship cuz they knew the players deserved it. I hope you're not a player goatspeed, cuz if you are, that kind of arrogance will only get other teams to pull for your opponents from here on out. I am willing to bet the players from Napoleon know it wasn't a walk in the park against TLM, they will probably tell you they had to fight for every yard they got, and it wasn't easy. Every game is a fight from start to finish whether you play the best team or the worst team in the state.
jlr48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pro341 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:49 am

goatspeed wrote:
pro341 wrote:
goatspeed wrote:And, Collum's alleged injury that wasn't noticable to anyone at the game, wasn't mentioned on any radio report (while other injuries more mild than a "ligament tear" were), and wasn't noted in any reports that I've found in an papers yet.  It started out in this thread as a "tweak" and has now progressed to a "ligament tear".  By next week at this time I expect him to be in traction. 

That just shows how crappy the media covers games. I suppose you didn't notice the 2 pounds of tape around his ankle and foot holding things in place? Didn't think so...

I started the tweak thing early cuz I didn't know the extent of the injury. It was much worse than I thought it was mostly because he played the whole game, which shows a lot of heart. Where was Krissy McCleary at with his bad ankle? Hmmm. I think he's just a wussy wrestler that can't play with pain. Most athletes worth their salt suits it up for a championship game.

The simple explaination is that McCleary actually had an injury, and Collum and all his fanboys here had an excuse.  Two different things obviously.  But ya, McCleary must have had a pretty bad injury not to play through the game. 

Goat, you really are an idiot aren't you? Can you prove Krissy (apt name) had an injury? Cullum had tape all over the place holding him together and yet you say he's faking it. Yeah, I do think TL-M is just as good as Nap and on another day, the outcome would be different. Ask DeWald if it was an easy game. I beleive he got his man handed to him on the 1- yard line by Nelson. (by the way, that was another bad call by the officials, he was stopped at the 3 yet they spotted the ball at the 1). By the way, that was Napos closest game of the year so clearly they didn't play anybody either.

The game is over, Napo won, whooo hooo.
pro341
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:09 pm

Well if Kris wasn't hurt he sure did a good job of limping around that first series and could barely do anything but they still drove down the field and scored. Napo wins that game 10 out of 10 times. They showed they were the better TEAM. Congrats to both
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indagame » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:11 pm

pro341 wrote:

OK that is quite enough first its the officiating that your bagging on then it's a number of other things and now its the MEDIA! please tell me is there anything in this world that is actually real or deserving of credit other than the RUNNER UP TL/M football team.

I would like to see you tell Kriss McCleary that he is a "wussy wrestler" PULEASE!! i really don't even believe for a second that you truly think that. you are just looking for any out, any excuse and any put down you can fabricate to make the loss feel like a win. IT WILL NOT WORK. DEAL WITH IT!

Indagame

Postby jlr48 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:18 pm

the only thing worse than a sore loser is an arrogant winner-referring to the comment about Napoleon winning 10 times out of 10
Last edited by jlr48 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jlr48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Tiny » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:33 pm

Napoleon won that is it. You guys can speculate all you want about the what could have happened but it doesnt matter. Maybe the game would have turned out differently if cullum didnt sprain his ankle, but it also would have been different if Mccleary would have been in. In the end Napoleon won nice try TL/M but the score showed Napoleon winning.
Tiny
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:37 pm

[user=1183]jlr48[/user] wrote:
the only thing worse than a sore loser is an arrogant winner-referring to the comment about Napoleon winning 10 times out of 10

I have no affiliation with Napo, heck i've never even been to Napo. I watched the game and from what I saw Napo was the better team. In my opinion they would win 10 out of 10 times. Just a opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indagame » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:37 pm

jlr48 wrote:the only thing worse than a sore loser is an arrogant winner-referring to the comment about Napoleon winning 10 times out of 10

the person who wrote that was a moderator

i dont think he was a napoleon fan or player

correct me if i'm wrong
Indagame

Postby pro341 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:39 pm

jlr48 wrote:the only thing worse than a sore loser is an arrogant winner-referring to the comment about Napoleon winning 10 times out of 10

Exactly! I'll quit posting here if any Napo fan can actually admit that they got some breaks during the game and that the Cullum injury may have changed the course of the game.

Have I ever said that TLM should have won? NO, in fact, I do beleive that any team that turns it over 5 times should lose, but take those away and your looking at an even game.
pro341
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jlr48 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:44 pm

It is true, Napoleon was a better team on friday, but go ask your players if it was a walk in the park beating TLM. You all act as if it could have been done with your eyes closed and your hands tied behind your back. I would think the Napoleon players would beg to differ. Congratulations Napoleon starters, you played a fine game.

And goatspeed, TLM wouldn't have been there if they didn't deserve being crowned one of the two best teams in the state. In their victories against MR and DC they played nearly mistake free football, that is why they won. The same reason Napoleon won the championship, they were able to play almost mistake free.
jlr48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:46 pm

But those 5 turnovers did happen, its called making plays Napo made more then TL. Also it wasn't like TL was unbeatable 2 other teams were able to beat them.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby pro341 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:52 pm

ndfan, I think you should go check the definition of "moderator". I think you'll find that mod's are supposed to be neutral and try to dissipate disputes. You've done neither and in fact have added fuel to the fire. It's been pretty contentious in here and you have not helped.
pro341
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jlr48 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:52 pm

Like I already said, Napoleon deserved it because they proved to be the better team that day.   
jlr48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jlr48 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:02 pm

NDfan, even the best professional teams don't win 10 out of 10 times, let alone 9man football teams.    Play each other on another day and give each team their injured players back, the outcome could be totally different in favor of Napoloeon or TLM, NOBODY KNOWS!
jlr48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:16 pm

Your right nobody knows, it still doesn't mean my opinion is wrong, but it also doesn't mean that I'm right. Opinions can go either way. You guys being TL fans you don't like it and I respect that.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby jlr48 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:02 pm

you're right ndfan, you are entitled to your own opinion. The best team on friday took home the crown and congratulations goes out to both teams, this game caused alot of excitement around these small communities that definitely is something the larger communities don't get to experience.
jlr48
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to 9 - Man