TL-M V. NAPOLEON

The teams in 9 Man

Postby goatspeed » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:15 am

Big defensive stop for Napoleon, take the ball over on downs.  5 minutes and change left.
goatspeed

Postby Pfenix » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:18 am

I lost count of how many times Wiegle has sneaked it for a first down.  you'd think they'd see it coming eventually
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pfenix » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:22 am

It sounds like all the running Napolean is doing is wearing out the TLM secondary.  The guys on the radio said that Mitch lang was crawling back to the Huddle after a play.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby goatspeed » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:24 am

Hahah that's funny.  Gotta love class B football where they still play the game this way.
goatspeed

Postby Pfenix » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:26 am

This game is over.  14 point lead with only a minute left.   not to jump the gun or anything but it's over.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby goatspeed » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:28 am

Interception #5.  It's over.  Napoleon will win at least 26-12.
Last edited by goatspeed on Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
goatspeed

Postby Pfenix » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:28 am

INT # 5 by grunfelder.  Turnovers and neutrilizing the big play.  Thats all it took. 
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby twinsfan34 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:32 am

Congrats to the Imperials on being STATE CHAMPIONS!  Somebody finally found a way to stop the Trojans. 

Also congrats to the Trojans on a very successful and, I'm sure, a memorable season!
twinsfan34

Postby goatspeed » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:32 am

Napoleon had turnovers too...but their defense held.  That's the difference.  The offensive line pushed around the TLM bangers all day, and when the defense had to hold they did. 
goatspeed

Postby point/center » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:51 am

How many tackles would've Mcleary made if he'd played? Congrats Imperials
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:52 am

Congrats to Napo on taking state this year. Showed why they were the best team in the state this year. Congrats to TLM on a great year also.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby pro341 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:08 pm

It was a great game! Hats off to Napoleon, they played better today, and I don't think their wrestling prowess had much to do with it (had to get in one last shot:P) They were the better FOOTBALL team.

I will say this though. 3 things would have turned this game around- Cullum not tweaking his ankle on the 60 yard run, knew something was wrong watching it cuz he NEVER gets caught from behind. The TL-M QB not imagining guys open when they were actually double, triple and sometimes quadruple covered. He was clearly pressing when Cullum got slowed up. And lastly, and I know I'll be called a whiner for this one, but the officiating was GOD AWFUL!! Note to ref, not every face mask call has to be 15 yards, where was the hold call on the 2-pt conversion TLM had on the last TD? And, out of all those running plays, you cannot tell me that Nap only held on TWO plays! They were holding all over the place but nothing was called. By the way, I'm not the only one who thought the officiating was bad today, they were talking about it on the radio during the AA game.

Alright, enough ranting already. GO MINOT!! Shove that cocky- South attitude right back in their face!!!

pro341
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hasbeen144 life » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:26 pm

Congrats Napoleon.  That is a very good squad you have down there.  I was very impressed with the line and #44 and #25 are solid.  Imperials were very impressive.

Good job TLM you had a solid year.  It was fun watching you this year.
hasbeen144 life

Postby Pfenix » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:53 pm

Honestly TLM has no reason to cry afowl on bad officiating.  in the M/R playoff game their O-line was holding quite a bit from what I saw.  Grabbing a little cloth is one thing but preventing a opposing player from sacking ur qb by grabbing them around the legs is another, and a dropped pass was called complete on the M/R one yard line late in the game.  At this point nothing can be done about it, So just let it go.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby pro341 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:21 pm

Pfenix wrote:  At this point nothing can be done about it, So just let it go.

EDITED BY POINT/CENTER  I would like to have a re-match but we can't do that either. What I'm saying is sometimes it seems the officials think they are the reason everyone comes to the game. Sometimes they just take over and forget the fact that the players are supposed to decide the game, not them. It wasn't just this game, the AA game had a gaggle of terrible calls that could have decided the outcome too.
Last edited by pro341 on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pro341
NDPreps Reserve

Postby point/center » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:04 pm

take the trash to the curb. No trash on players or officials. Consider this a warning.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby pro341 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:18 pm

Point/Center- I understand that you are the mod here but I happened to find this in the rules...

Do not use topics, or posts, for the sole purpose of criticizing an athlete, coach, fellow board member, or referee by name.  Also these people's names should not appear in any topic titles.

[color=black]No officials or players names have been posted here in any of my posts in a negative fashion. Please rescind the warning as per the board rules.
[/color]

pro341
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfbfan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:07 pm

No, it wasn't bad officiating. Napoleon just outplayed them. Dont' come on here after all the trash some of you talked, and give us a week of excuses. Napoleon was the better team. And for those who didn't think Dewald was a power back, are you believers now??? For those of you from TLM who weren't the trash talkers and to the athletes from TLM, Congrats on a fine season, you have much to be proud of.
ndfbfan

Postby ndproduct » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:11 pm

Any word on how bad McCleary was hurt?
ndproduct
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:22 pm

apparently he got treatment all week on his ankle and basically today it was just a no-go...i felt bad for the kid, i'm sure it was tough to not be in there

congrats to the imperials though...tied a record with 5 ints and dewald broke the record for carries with 43
rep

Postby pacotaco » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:49 pm

NAPOLEON KICKED A**, put a clamp on cullom other than the first play, and outphysicalled them just like everyone who has seen them play knew they would.  All this without one of the best LB-FB in the state.  GREAT GAME
pacotaco

Postby hasbeen144 life » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:16 pm

Napoleon did kick man.  That is a good group of kids.  There line and #s25 and 44 are locks.  Those are some bad dudes and also maybe it was just a good game but number #15 makes plays.  They did lock up fast eddie after the first play.  The same play that he sprained his ankle badly on jocking that Imperial on the sideline.  It happened on the cut upfield which probably helped the Imperials lock him up.  He cuts to hard for turf and is actually in bad shape right now.  Nelson planted Dewald on their only head to head.  That is not talking trash that is facts.   As well as this.  Napoleon is the best team in the state and Dewald is for real.  That kid is ol skool.  Its like watching Jim Brown.  Congrats to the Imperials it was a joy to watch that group do their work.
hasbeen144 life

Postby hasbeen144 life » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:22 pm

Good point "FAST" eddie did get caught after he sprained his anlke shaking that kid out of his pants.  So "FAST" eddie was healthy for 20 yds of his championship game and only 20 yds of his 68 yd 1st carry.  Hey I bet some of the big bellies on the board might of caught "FAST" eddie with one leg too.  Lets start that thread.  Dont take credit away from the PLAYER OF THE YEAR in ND 9 man this year because a very good athelete #15 from Napoleon was able to run down "FAST" eddie with a shredded ankle. 

This post is not to take away from what I saw out of Napoleon today.  They are great champs!  But "FAST" eddie doesnt get caught on that play with out the roll to the ankle and it probably isnt the only time "FAST" eddie finds the house if that ankle decides to stay in place for him on the day.  I mean 1 carry healthy at least almost half of the carry he gets 68 yds.  Probably would of found 1 more carry on the day that would of found pay dirt.  Its just a personal observation.  "FAST" eddie seemed to find a limp that grew with the tape on the leg as the clock ticked away today.  Too bad for "FAST" eddie that it had to happen the first time he touched the ball, but it isnt like "FAST"eddie to settle for 21 yds when 47 more are behind one player.

2006 ND 9 man champs Napoleon Imperials and well deserved.  You are a tough group of young men.

2006 Player of the year in ND 9 man "FAST" eddie cullum.  I know we will hear more of you wherever you decide to sign in the future.

2006 Coach of the year TLMs Coach Sunquist for getting this group of no names to the show with 2 losses and 1 of those teams did not even make the playoffs.  Wow what an accomplishment.

Everyone above is the best that ND has to offer at what you do.  If it wasnt so you wouldnt be housing that plaque awarded to you this morning.  We should tip our hats to all for the sweat it took to get the recognition they all deservingly won.
hasbeen144 life

Postby goatspeed » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:29 pm

Perhaps there are 2-3 imperials as fast as eddie.
goatspeed

Postby hasbeen144 life » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:31 pm

nope
hasbeen144 life

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man