Region 4 in 2013

The teams in 9 Man

Region 4 in 2013

Postby bulldog power » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:56 pm

What are your guys thoughts on region 4 next season?
bulldog power
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Region 4 in 2013

Postby Broadway Joe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:57 pm

1. GC-Flasher
2. Richardton-Taylor
3. Shiloh
4. Beach
5. Hettinger-Scranton
6. Mott-Regent
7 Center-Stanton
8. Trenton
9. Bowman County
Broadway Joe
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lovefootball88 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:01 pm

1. GCF
2. Shiloh
3. RT
4. MR
5. Bowman
6. HS
7. CS
8. WTT

GCF and Shiloh play the final game of the regular season, I expect that to decide the Region 4 title...

GCF will have good senior leadership with experience
Shiloh will have good numbers of underclassman with only lossing one offensive and defensive starter...

Not that far away anymore either.... wow
lovefootball88
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Vike » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:28 am

Shiloh will be very competitive next year. Flasher will have the experience, but most of Shiloh's underclassmen have been playing tackle football since 3rd grade. They will have a passing QB next year, who can also run (second fastest on the team behind Emmil). It will be interesting to see how they respond to Varsity football. Most of them started defense last year, but offense IMO is harder to adjust too. I would still take Flasher, but Shiloh will be near the top at the end of the season. They might even win there first playoff game...maybe second!
Vike
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bulldog power » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:37 pm

vike, you have been posting things awhile about this amazing player shiloh has to play QB next year and how he is a runner and thrower. however, you always talk about how great he has been since elelmentary school. do you really think anyone cares, or that it means anything that he was good in elementary school? has he even thrown a meaningful pass in a varsity game? I have seen shiloh play in a couple games over the past two years and it seems like their coach likes the running game and with the sucess they have had i dont see him changing much, but you probably know him and i dont, so this is just my opinion. though if its not broken, why change it. good coaches usually stick with what works and it seems like shiloh has finally got a good coach that has the program headed in the right direction. You say "shiloh is probably going to have their best season ever and possibly win a playoff game, maybe two." what makes you so confident? i get that they have a lot of kids returning, but realisticly they were 8 points from missing the playoffs last year and all the sudden with the same kids they are all the sudden going to be a semifinals team. i will amit that returning a lot of players should mean they will be compettive, but i think you are getting a little a head of yourself. at the end of last season most teams appeared evenly match. they will be fighting for a playoff spot again, but its way to premature to think they will do anything else.
bulldog power
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Vike » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:58 am

Bulldog, point well taken, and I will clarify. The point I was trying to make about their QB was he will be a major improvement from the past 3 years. Whether the coach uses his arm or not will be up to the coach, but it is an option that wasn't there before. Same with the run, instead of a two-headed running attack, they could possibly have three run attack. Reality is they will actually be better at all positions this year. They lost their QB and NT, but the replacements are extremely more talented (even as sophmores). But like I stated it will all depend on how they adapt to full time varsity football. Most of them played defense last year and now will have to go both ways.

As far as premature, I said they will be near the top and possibly win a playoff game or two. They should make the playoffs like they did last year. It will depend on how the young kids develop. I wish Flasher luck, and think with their experience they should be on top. But a lot can happen, so just have to wait and see. I think basketball will be the same. Shiloh's JV went undefeated, and I think talent wise they will be much better than last year.

I am looking forward to next year to see how it all pans out. I am sure you are too. That is why they play the game.
Vike
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bulldog power » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:05 pm

my thoughts are as follows. i think it is a toss up for the last plyoff spot as the teams 4-6 are evenly matched.

1- Grant County/Flasher
2- Richardton/Taylor
3- Beach
4- Hettinger
5- Shiloh
6- Mott
7- Bowman
8- Center
9- Trenton/Trinity
bulldog power
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Jenkman » Tue May 07, 2013 11:17 am

1. GC-Flasher-Going to be a very good team. I think Krenz will be a senior next year. Kid will dominate as a qb in 9-man. VERY fast.
2. Richardton-Taylor- Coach Olson always has a good team, will look to compete for region title
3. Shiloh- Run, run run. Good team though
4. Beach- Always have a lot of kids out for football. Whenever you can get kids out for 9-man football, you'll have a chance.
5. Hettinger-Scranton- Thought HS would be good the last two years, but they weren't.
6. Mott-Regent- Lost everyone single weapon they had last year. Will be a rebuilding year for the Wildfire.
7 Center-Stanton- Showed promises this last year
8. Trenton-Had a good year last year, but graduate to many people.
9. Bowman County-VERY young team from last year, should be better, but still tough to compete with those numbers.
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby bulldog_power » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:44 pm

Can bowman, trenton, or center make a push towards the playoffs and the four seed. they have been at the bottom of the pack the last couple years. bowman and center played alot of young players, so i have to assume they will be better with that experience back. trenton may have missed their year as they had alot od seniors last year.
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:59 pm

Predictions

1. Shiloh Christian
2. Grant County-Flasher
3. Richardton-Taylor-Hebron

4. Beach
5. Hettinger-Scranton

6. Center-Stanton
7. Mott-Regent

8. Trenton-Trinity Christian
9. Bowman County
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Sniper » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:40 pm

1.Grant County-Flasher

2.Shiloh
3.Richardton-Taylor-Hebron
4.Beach

5.Hettinger-Scranton
6.Mott-Regent
7.Center-Stanton
8.Trenton-Trinity Christian
9.Bowman
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovefootball88 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:37 am

Going to change my predictions a little from earlier.... Shiloh has 29 kids out for football this year after just 19 last year... They have all the kids healthy and have added a couple of juniors that have only played basketball/and baseball...

Shiloh
Grant County/Flasher
Beach
Richardton- Taylor

Mott/Regent
Center/Stanton
Bowman County
Hettinger/Scranton
Williston Trinity/Trenton (because of the ugly travel schedule)

We will see starting tomorrow who is ready and who is not.....
lovefootball88
NDPreps Reserve

Postby play the game » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:02 pm

Watched shiloh tonight guess thats why we play the game, right richardton
play the game
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bulldog_power » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:19 pm

How was the game is either of those going to give grant county a game?
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby play the game » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:40 pm

Shiloh won 39-22 and they are strong richardton lost 3 players to injuries. Grant county shiloh will be a great game
play the game
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bighouse » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:01 pm

Are you saying we play the game so we can watch?
bighouse
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovefootball88 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:19 pm

Shiloh jumped out early.... after that it was a pretty even game.... might have been different once RT got to within 11 and got the ball back but Shiloh made a big play to get a turnover or it might have been a dog fight at the end...

Region looks to be a seeding race for the playoff teams (Shiloh, GCF, Beach, and RT) and a race to not be last for the rest.... Still think Center Stanton might be the best of the rest, Maybe Mott...

Looking forward to the first poll to see what everybody around the state thinks of this region...
lovefootball88
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bulldog_power » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:21 pm

With the season half ways in the books it looks like grant county is the top team, maybe tops in the state with Shiloh, richardton, and beach well behind them. It will be interesting this week to see the outcome of the Shiloh beach game this week. Is there any other team in the region that could make the playoffs?
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:26 pm

bulldog_power wrote:With the season half ways in the books it looks like grant county is the top team, maybe tops in the state with Shiloh, richardton, and beach well behind them. It will be interesting this week to see the outcome of the Shiloh beach game this week. Is there any other team in the region that could make the playoffs?

The only other team that could potentially make the postseason (IMO) is Center-Stanton...but that's a long shot
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Vike » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:27 pm

bulldog_power wrote:With the season half ways in the books it looks like grant county is the top team, maybe tops in the state with Shiloh, richardton, and beach well behind them. It will be interesting this week to see the outcome of the Shiloh beach game this week. Is there any other team in the region that could make the playoffs?

I think it is a little early to say your team is best in the State. Flasher/Grant County has been very good against poor competition. It will be interesting to see how they do against RT. I believe Region 4 will comet down to Oct. 18th on Shiloh's new field. Shiloh's run defense is outstanding, and there run offense is excellent. This game will be decided by weather conditions and which team will make the fewer mistakes. I think right now both teams have great athletes and are evenly matched. The win margins by F/GC are impressive, but don't mean anything. F/GC passes the ball and scores quickly and Shiloh runs the ball and takes time off the clock.
Vike
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lovefootball88 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 am

What a crazy week.... GCF puts up 88 points in a game..... Center/Stanton wins again(I think they will be the 4th playoff team).... Shiloh shuts out Beach at Beach.......... Richardton/Taylor wins there 3rd in a row.... This next week doesn't have really have any interesting games other than maybe Beach vs. Mott Regent....

Going with:

1. Shiloh
2. GCF
3. RT
4. Center/Stanton

Region 3 right now
1. TGU
2. St. John
3. Divide County
4. Westhope/Newburg.

Makes for interesting playoff match ups...
lovefootball88
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:36 am

I would agree with you for region 4, I'm not so sure about the seeding between Shiloh and GCF, that will be a great game!
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby bulldog_power » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:03 am

With grant county having to play the other three playoff teams the rest of the season, will they have any closer of games? Does center richardton or Shiloh have what it takes to slow down grant counties passing game?
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovefootball88 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:30 pm

I think both RT and Shiloh will play Grant County/Flasher tough..... If I had to predict I would say that RT will lose 45-32.... and that Shiloh will win 48-47 and win the turn over battle 4-1 which will be the difference in the game(figuring bad weather and cold conditions).... If its calm and above 45 then I would give the edge to Grant County/Flasher.... That is the one game I want to see of all the games this season...
lovefootball88
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bulldog_power » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:39 pm

Looks like we all got the match up we wanted. Shiloh verse grant county for the region title. What are your thoughts on the game? With the way grant county was able to run on richardton I think it is going to be hard for Shiloh to contend with the two headed attack. Not to mention Shiloh is one dementional with the run. Give them credit as they do it very well, but I think against a team of grant counties caliber that is t going to work, but we will find out Saturday.

Lets see your thoughts on the game
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to 9 - Man