2013 region 1 playoff predictions

The teams in 9 Man

Re: 2013 region 1 playoff predictions

Postby Flip » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:28 pm

footballislife15 wrote:Lamoure over Napoleon by a good margin. Does that change anything in the Region???

yes, it means NGS goes from a tie for 1st in the region to 3rd and Lamoure is now in first by themselves.

I don't think many were surprised by the result of the game.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sleepy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:55 pm

LaMoure vs South Border next week will be for sole possession of first place.

Napoleon did have a number of good drives but threw 6 interceptions. That was the story of the game.
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballislife15 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:29 pm

Sleepy wrote:LaMoure vs South Border next week will be for sole possession of first place.

Napoleon did have a number of good drives but threw 6 interceptions. That was the story of the game.

I agree totally with this. Is Region 1 still dangerous as they have been or is it down by a lot compared to other teams?
Play to Win.
footballislife15
NDPreps Starter

Postby pigplet » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:32 am

Just the number of kids playing is way down across the boards. some very talented kids walking the streets that could be playing. we knew everyone was losing alot of seniors last year but this is sad, kudos to the kids playing, keep up the hard work and we willl continue to support you... The imperials were missing three starters (two wide outs and the center got hurt the first play) on Friday, don't know if they would make 40 point difference or not, LaMoure looks to be the team to beat along with Sargent Central and SB.
pigplet
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:23 am

How serious are those injuries?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:10 pm

pigplet wrote:Just the number of kids playing is way down across the boards. some very talented kids walking the streets that could be playing. we knew everyone was losing alot of seniors last year but this is sad, kudos to the kids playing, keep up the hard work and we willl continue to support you... The imperials were missing three starters (two wide outs and the center got hurt the first play) on Friday, don't know if they would make 40 point difference or not, LaMoure looks to be the team to beat along with Sargent Central and SB.

I think it now looks like this:

1. LaMoure-LM

2. Sargent Central
3. Napoleon-GS
4. South Border
5. Hankinson
6. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

7. Strasburg/Zeeland
8. Oak Grove
9. Richland
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flaxseedkitty » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:24 pm

pigplet wrote:Just the number of kids playing is way down across the boards. some very talented kids walking the streets that could be playing. we knew everyone was losing alot of seniors last year but this is sad, kudos to the kids playing, keep up the hard work and we willl continue to support you... The imperials were missing three starters (two wide outs and the center got hurt the first play) on Friday, don't know if they would make 40 point difference or not, LaMoure looks to be the team to beat along with Sargent Central and SB.

Are these injuries going to impact the whole season? Or just the next couple games?
Flaxseedkitty
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pigplet » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:15 am

Flaxseedkitty wrote:

Are these injuries going to impact the whole season? Or just the next couple games?

One should be back this week-end, the other in 3-4 weeks, and the center who hurt his knee is fine and should be good for the next game.
pigplet
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballuvr » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:09 pm

Piglet,

Who were the wideouts missing for Napoleon?
Didn't hear that at game. Had talked to a couple Napoleon fans.

Glad center is ok.

Thanks.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pigplet » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:16 am

bballuvr wrote:Piglet,

Who were the wideouts missing for Napoleon?
Didn't hear that at game. Had talked to a couple Napoleon fans.

Glad center is ok.

Thanks.

Larsen
enzminger
pigplet
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballuvr » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Thanks for info Piglet. Hope they are all back soon.

You are right about talented kids walking the halls. Many conversations over the years reflect this. It is true in many schools of all sizes. I certainly don't look down on those that choose not to participate, but there are numerous athletes from average to impact that have found it very easy to not play. I applaud the young people that make the sacrifice and have the commitment to play.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:38 pm

South Border 40 Lamoure 6 - Final score.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby footballislife15 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:46 pm

Olson didn't play the whole game. Theilges didn't play much if all of the second half. not saying it would make a 34 point difference it might but just to put that out there.
Play to Win.
footballislife15
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:59 am

footballislife15 wrote:Olson didn't play the whole game. Theilges didn't play much if all of the second half. not saying it would make a 34 point difference it might but just to put that out there.

care to explain why they didn't play or were limited?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballuvr » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:48 am

Olson down on kickoff. Ankle. Appears it could just a 1 game type deal. Thielges out on first series of 2nd half. The hit was explained as a helmet to helmet contact. He looked to be ok. My guess is taking safe approach after helmet to helmet hit.
SB is a real good team. Jumped out early. 2 bad LLM snaps, 2 big pass plays and a Bettenhausen 31 yd TD. (One pass play set up a 1 yd sneak.) LLM decent drive end of half to make it 20-6.
At beginning of 2nd 1/2, Thielges on a First down carry into SB territory when injured.

Bettenhausen, Kuntz, Meidinger, Jacobson, and others make for a great offensive attack. Defensively they are real real solid. A 3-5 look much of time. Quite a group of linebackers. Front 3 are dudes too. Tough schedule left for SB, but all alone in first place right now.

Loboes finish game with 13 available. Actually played last couple plays with 8.
If Olson and Thielges are back healthy, Loboes with good chance to finish up in a pretty decent spot.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:29 am

I agree with you about Olson and Thielges, if they would have played the whole game it would have made a big difference for Lamoure. Hopefully they are minor injuries and they both get back on the field next week. If Lamoure would have scored on that 1st drive of the 3rd quarter it may have changed a lot of things also. If both teams get healthy and stay healthy these two could very easily meet again late in the playoffs. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sleepy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:17 pm

Brady Thielges got a concussion from the late helmet to helmet hit. He was down on the ground defenseless when the helmet to helmet occurred. You won't see them worse than that.
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballislife15 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:49 am

Sleepy wrote:Brady Thielges got a concussion from the late helmet to helmet hit. He was down on the ground defenseless when the helmet to helmet occurred. You won't see them worse than that.

Agreed
Play to Win.
footballislife15
NDPreps Starter

Postby vb4life » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:32 am

Sleepy wrote:Brady Thielges got a concussion from the late helmet to helmet hit. He was down on the ground defenseless when the helmet to helmet occurred. You won't see them worse than that.

Agreed, it was the worst shot I have seen all year. With all the concussion rules now and football players dying from helmet to helmet contact the refs need to control the game a little better, which they didn't. Did SB outplay the Loboes, you bet! But I guarantee with Olson and Thielges in there healthy it would have been a different outcome.
Last edited by vb4life on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
vb4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:14 am

To the person that sent me the PM, thank you and good luck the rest of the year. For some reason I couldn't respond via PM.
Last edited by Flip on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:56 am

A couple things....

South Border isn't the only team that tackles this way. And truthfully there is no way of guaranteeing what the outcome would be absent the injuries. Big chance they see each other again. Will be fun to watch

More importantly, the head first tackling needs to stop. None of these kids is going pro and very few will end up playing college ball. Regardless, risking life and limb for HS football is ridiculous and any coach teaching, encouraging or allowing their players to lead with their head needs to have their job evaluated, regardless of their win-loss record. It is time people are held accountable.

I have no idea of what is or isnt taught by coaches but if a player is leading with their head, it is easy to see and easy to fix by pulling them out of the game. Could this hurt you in a game you are trying to win? Absolutely. But what is more important? A young man's health or a HS football game?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby vb4life » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:34 pm

We are seeing too many injuries and deaths from head to head contact. And you are right, are any of these kids going pro or even college for that matter?? The long term effects of repeated concussions is not worth it, these kids' lives are not worth it!!
Last edited by vb4life on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
vb4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby SCCconferenceinsider » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:43 pm

None of the coaches are teaching their student athletes to lead with their heads. It was clarified, once again, at the beginning of the year, that players will be called on it, and can be ejected for their conduct. Coaches are constantly reminding their players of the consequences of their actions.
SCCconferenceinsider
NDPreps Starter

Postby vb4life » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:48 pm

SCCconferenceinsider wrote:None of the coaches are teaching their student athletes to lead with their heads. It was clarified, once again, at the beginning of the year, that players will be called on it, and can be ejected for their conduct. Coaches are constantly reminding their players of the consequences of their actions.

I would hope not.
Last edited by vb4life on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
vb4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:52 pm

My biggest concern is the safety of players and that players from ANY team, leading with their heads, needs to stop. It simply happens too often. I really could care less who won that game but I care a lot about the safety of players from both teams because they have the rest of theirs lives to live. For a variety of reasons I will not get into, I am passionate about this, which is why I even entered the discussion.
Last edited by EHS1998 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man