6. Strasburg/Zeeland
7. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

8. Oak Grove
9. Richland
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2013 region 1 playoff predictions

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:05 pm

I think Lamoure's win over NGS should put them ahead at this time. The rest looks dead on.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:04 pm

I am concerned that this discussion is potentially taking the luster off a huge win by South Border. Those boys deserve the right to enjoy this win.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:40 pm

EHS1998 wrote:I am concerned that this discussion is potentially taking the luster off a huge win by South Border. Those boys deserve the right to enjoy this win.

Do a lot of students read this? and if they do I wish they wouldn't concern themselves with what old fat men like myself think.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:44 pm

Flip - I couldn't even hazard a guess but I felt compelled to make that statement on the off chance they do.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby vb4life » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:48 pm

I agree, it was a huge win for South Border, they definately deserved that win and outplayed LLM on every aspect. My point was the helmet to helmet contacts not once but several times. I would hate for ANYONE, no matter what team, to have their career or life ended due to this type of play and I would like to see more action taken on situations like this. End of rant........
Last edited by vb4life on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vb4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby pigplet » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:31 am

vb4life wrote:Did you hit your head when you got off your high horse?

Not on any high horse, I've just witnessed LaMoure's coach chew out said certain player for playing like that. And I agree, it was a huge win for South Border, they definately deserved that win and outplayed LMM on every aspect. My point was the helmet to helmet contacts not once but several times. I would hate for ANYONE, no matter what team, to have their career or life ended due to this type of play and I would like to see more action taken on situations like this. End of rant........

I wasn't at the game to see for myself, but I did get to talk to a few people from both teams that were at Valley City for Volleyball on Saturday. [u][i][b]IF the theilges kid was down on the play and the kid from SB hit him in the helmet with his helmet he should have been ejected. Now that is a big if. And also [u][i][b]IF the SB guys were playing as dirty as has been said the coaches from SB will clean it up. The South Border teams of the past have been pretty classy and the new players owe it them to keep that reputation going. Winning is important, winning the right way is the only way!!!! MY .02!!!!
pigplet
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pigplet » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:33 am

Flip wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:I am concerned that this discussion is potentially taking the luster off a huge win by South Border. Those boys deserve the right to enjoy this win.

Do a lot of students read this? and if they do I wish they wouldn't concern themselves with what old fat men like myself think.

You ain't that old Flip :roll:
pigplet
NDPreps Reserve

Postby johnson » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:01 am

South Border was not 100% during last Fridays game. J. Thielges - shoulder, A. Jacobson. sick. These two are key players on the offense and defense. SZ is not a push over team. They are coming on strong and played SB tough.
Last edited by johnson on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnson
NDPreps Reserve

Postby johnson » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:04 am

:lol: :lol: :oops:
Last edited by johnson on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnson
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:54 am

Why is the SB coach owed an apology and by whom?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby vb4life » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:37 pm

EHS1998 wrote:Why is the SB coach owed an apology and by whom?

I will apologize for suggesting that SB coach coaches dirty play, I don't know any of them personally so I can't make informed decisions on one game. But I think the person or persons really responsible for that misinformation and suggesting that they are that way are the SB fans that were on LaMoure's sidelines telling our fans that this is the way it is there, they should maybe apologize. I really hope and/or don't forsee their program or anyone else's program being like that. After all this is HS football, these kids are not making money nor will any of them ever make money playing this sport. I got off topic right away and have since edited my first posts. But I still stand strong on the fact that this type of play and type of hitting needs to be cleaned up. You say refs can't eject players?? You are wrong, they sure can and whether these types of hits are intentional or not, ejections and/or choosing for these players to sit out by their coaches is what needs to happen so these kids will learn. This may sound absurd to some of you people out there but when you are burying your child or pushing them around in a wheelchair for the rest of your life, you may feel differently.
vb4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:05 pm

I think some clarity is needed that was just provided to me.

When I was talking about helmet to helmet, I was referring to the crown of the helmet being used as a battering ram. I think we can all agree that if a player uses the crown of his helmet to target any part of an opposing player, that is a penalty.

I think such a penalty should be treated very severely (game ejection) in order to cut down on the occurrence of such events. If a referee does not make that call, then the coach of that player needs to as it will show up on film if they didn't see it firsthand. In such cases that a coach witnesses first hand or on film that their player targets an opponent with the crown of their helmet, they need to be removed for the remainder of the game or sit out the next game, whatever the case may be.

If this puts me on a high horse, so be it. Something needs to be done before we have something tragic happen.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby pigplet » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:34 pm

vb4life wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:Why is the SB coach owed an apology and by whom?

I will apologize for suggesting that SB coach coaches dirty play, I don't know any of them personally so I can't make informed decisions on one game. But I think the person or persons really responsible for that misinformation and suggesting that they are that way are the SB fans that were on LaMoure's sidelines telling our fans that this is the way it is there, they should maybe apologize. I really hope and/or don't forsee their program or anyone else's program being like that. After all this is HS football, these kids are not making money nor will any of them ever make money playing this sport. I got off topic right away and have since edited my first posts. But I still stand strong on the fact that this type of play and type of hitting needs to be cleaned up. You say refs can't eject players?? You are wrong, they sure can and whether these types of hits are intentional or not, ejections and/or choosing for these players to sit out by their coaches is what needs to happen so these kids will learn. This may sound absurd to some of you people out there but when you are burying your child or pushing them around in a wheelchair for the rest of your life, you may feel differently.

Why were there South Border fans on the Lamoure sidelines? Isn't that asking for trouble?
I have known a couple of SB families through our Volleyball days and they have always spoke well of the SB programs and are proud of the success they have had in some of their programs, never have they spoke about "that is the way it is there" stuff. Shame on them to bad mouth their own team!!
In regards to the helmet to helmet issue, absolutely the ref has the right to eject the player that is foolish enough to keep doing this. You know what they say about the bad apple, it spoils the whole barrel if not tossed out!! One bad player can ruin the whole reputation of the whole team.
pigplet
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TheRealDeal » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:50 pm

Ok, I just need to add this to the discussion. The refs said that hit on Thielges wasn't late it was flagged for a helmet to helmet, so I believe this talk of ejection should disgarded. If it happens twice and you are flagged for it twice then yes the player should be ejected, but in no means was the play dirty it was just a group of players going very hard. Also it needs to be added that it is near impossible to play football without hitting with your head. But i do agree that players should not lower their head and hit with the crown of their helmet.
TheRealDeal
NDPreps Rookie

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:59 am

TheRealDeal wrote:players should not lower their head and hit with the crown of their helmet.

My primary point.

I was speaking beyond the Lamoure - South Border game about high school football in general.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby pigplet » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:59 am

TheRealDeal wrote:Ok, I just need to add this to the discussion. The refs said that hit on Thielges wasn't late it was flagged for a helmet to helmet, so I believe this talk of ejection should disgarded. If it happens twice and you are flagged for it twice then yes the player should be ejected, but in no means was the play dirty it was just a group of players going very hard. Also it needs to be added that it is near impossible to play football without hitting with your head. But i do agree that players should not lower their head and hit with the crown of their helmet.

I love this. "The refs said" :lol:
pigplet
NDPreps Reserve

Postby johnson » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:19 am

How about South Border! Not a one dimensional team. You can't key on 1 or 2 players. Now that is football. Team play. Schumacher and the other coaches have done a good job. Everybody was picking SB to be last in the Region. Come on you prognosticators I have not read much about that. Lets talk why they are winning. Is this not Region 1 playoff predictions.
johnson
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:06 am

I definitely did not pick them to finish last. They have been playing great and have to be considered a strong favorite to win the Region and will contend for a state title. It sounds like they are only going to get healthier, which is bad news to the rest of the state. Coach Schumacher has really done a great job. Lots of weapons on both sides of the ball in Kuntz, Meidinger, Jacobson, Thielges, Rueb and others.

Napoleon has had their number for a couple years now but I think this is the year that streak is broken. I think SB wins by 3-4 touchdowns if they get and stay healthy.

Haven't paid a lot of attention to the rest of the state in class B this year but I cant imagine many teams being able to compete with their many athletes and sheer physicality.

The one common theme I hear about them is they hit hard.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:45 am

johnson wrote:How about South Border! Not a one dimensional team. You can't key on 1 or 2 players. Now that is football. Team play. Schumacher and the other coaches have done a good job. Everybody was picking SB to be last in the Region. Come on you prognosticators I have not read much about that. Lets talk why they are winning. Is this not Region 1 playoff predictions.

The only person to pick them last was Run AFAIK, but it looks like he deleted that post.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:30 pm

Flip wrote:
johnson wrote:How about South Border! Not a one dimensional team. You can't key on 1 or 2 players. Now that is football. Team play. Schumacher and the other coaches have done a good job. Everybody was picking SB to be last in the Region. Come on you prognosticators I have not read much about that. Lets talk why they are winning. Is this not Region 1 playoff predictions.

The only person to pick them last was Run AFAIK, but it looks like he deleted that post.

I don't think I ever had them in 9th. I think I had them as far down as 7th.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby vb4life » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:23 pm

Region 1 got really interesting tonight. South Border falls to Sargent Central 20-6 and LaMoure falls to SZ 21-20, going to be an interesting battle to the end for playoff spots.
vb4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby pigplet » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:53 pm

Be carefull, eating Crow can cause indigestion :oops: It looks like the region is up for grabs, congratulations to Strausburg/Zeeland! What a win for the program!
pigplet
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:30 am

Wow. Going to be a fun next couple of weeks.

Run will probably have a more accurate picture out in the next 24 hours or so but I thought I would take a shot at framing up where things sit in Reg 1 9 man. Making the playoffs is the priority obviously but getting in and staying out of that #4 spot is huge considering what Cavalier is doing right now.

1. Napoleon 5 and 1 (loss to Lamoure - LM)
2. South Border 5 and 1 (loss to Sargent Central)
3. Strasburg Zeeland 3 and 2 (losses to SB and Napoleon)
4. Lamoure LM 4 and 2 (losses to SB and SZ)
5. Sargent Central 4 and 2 (losses to Lamoure and Napoleon)
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:14 am

EHS1998 wrote:Wow. Going to be a fun next couple of weeks.

Run will probably have a more accurate picture out in the next 24 hours or so but I thought I would take a shot at framing up where things sit in Reg 1 9 man. Making the playoffs is the priority obviously but getting in and staying out of that #4 spot is huge considering what Cavalier is doing right now.

REGION 1
Standings
Napoleon-GS 5-1 (5-1)
South Border 4-1 (4-1)
LaMoure-LM 4-2 (4-2)
Sargent Central 3-2 (3-2)
Strasburg/Zeeland 3-2 (3-2)
Hankinson 2-3 (2-3)
Richland 2-3 (2-4)
Wyndmere-Lidgerwood 1-4 (1-4)
Oak Grove 0-6 (0-6)
Run4Fun2009