All State Team

The teams in 9 Man

All State Team

Postby DCFan2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:44 pm

The North Dakota High School Coaches Association has selected the 9-man Football All-State teams.

First-team offense

QB - Jake Hagler, sr., North Star; Lance Knudson, sr. Divide County; RB - Jaron Moor, sr., Lakota/Adams-Edmore; Kayne Griffith, jr., Richland; Blake Bosch, sr., South Border; Dylan Ruff, sr., Central McLean; WR/TE - Daniel Grande, sr., North Star; Jeff Illies, sr., Wyndmere-Lidgerwood; OL - Luke Bacon, jr., Towner-Granville-Upham; Andrew Beine, sr., Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter; Ethan Feil, sr., Divide County

First-team defense

DL - Spencer Robbins, sr., Cavalier; Steven Hunt, sr., North Star; Nathan Rauhauser, sr., Central McLean; LB - Josh Edmonson, sr., New Rockford-Sheyenne; Brady Thielges, jr., LaMoure-L-M; Isaac Jacobs, jr., Divide County; DB - Ryan Chrest, jr., Cavalier; Ethan Haley, jr., New Rockford-Sheyenne; Eli Luna, soph., Towner-Granville-Upham; Luis Vasquez, sr., Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

Second team

No positions designated

Cavalier - Brock Robbins, soph.; Lakota/Adams-Edmore - Dylan Eichelberger, sr.; North Border - Brandon Anderson, sr.; North Star - Brooks Larson, sr.; New Rockford-Sheyenne - Chance LaBrie, sr., and Alex Perleberg, sr.; LaMoure-L-M - Logan Shockman, sr., Anthony Olson, soph., and Jared Meiklejohn, sr.; Hankinson - Cody Birnbaum, sr.; Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter - Trent Fettig, jr., and Steven Weigel, sr.; Towner-Granville-Upham - Ridge Bachmeier, sr.; Drake-Anamoose - Darin McClintock, jr.; Surrey - Bryan Dye, jr., Tayler Wallstrum, sr., and Holden Hartley, sr.; Shiloh Christian - Blake Emmel, soph., and A.J. Dale, soph.; Divide County - Bennett Lystad, sr.; Beach - Parker Abraham, sr.; Central McLean - Mitchell LeRoy, sr.
DCFan2
NDPreps Reserve

Re: All State Team

Postby Jenkman » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:03 pm

Congratulations to all players! Great award to achieve!
To bad there is a set amount of people that can get the award
I'm surprised to see an athlete like the Stoll kid from BC not get in. Watched him play once this year and is a grea athlete.
Also read in the paper that a kid from Mott had 154 tackles this year, not sure if that's true. I think it was a Gref*sp?

Congrats again to all players!
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballchicken » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Looks like a good representation of east and west - no glaring ommisions - Congrats to all players
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sleepy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:29 pm

Now that we are in the wrestling/basketball season, I was looking at the names and wondering how many of these kids wrestle or play basketball. If you follow wrestling it may be a little easier to know who wrestles by just going off the state tournament. With a quick count, I see about 42 kids listed on the first and second team and I only came up with 4 wrestlers - Blake Bosch, Andrew Beine, Logan Shockman and Steven Weigel. I know there are a number of schools that don't have wrestling, but only 4 of 42 isn't very many.
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:29 pm

Sleepy wrote:Now that we are in the wrestling/basketball season, I was looking at the names and wondering how many of these kids wrestle or play basketball. If you follow wrestling it may be a little easier to know who wrestles by just going off the state tournament. With a quick count, I see about 42 kids listed on the first and second team and I only came up with 4 wrestlers - Blake Bosch, Andrew Beine, Logan Shockman and Steven Weigel. I know there are a number of schools that don't have wrestling, but only 4 of 42 isn't very many.

I would say this is more common in 9 man with the smaller schools and basketball being more popular in culture. Also there are a ton of skill position kids on this list, usually meaning basketball players.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man