New Poll

The teams in 9 Man

Re: New Poll

Postby B-oldtimer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:58 am

NRS is very balanced team that is well coached and play any style of football necessary tto win. One thing that impressed me was they were very quick at all positions and quickness allowed them to play good defense and if needed could score very quickly if needed. they showed this in the playoffs winning shootout with Lamore to complete defensive struggle with LAE, domination of very good Cavalier team to championship game where they had to adjust defensively and showed they could be very explosive offensive team. The bottom line is the team was undefeated for the season which is says they are very good team and only team undefeated at the end of the season.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby whitefire » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:52 am

Indy5 wrote:
whitefire wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
whitefire wrote: they had two great players that just bombed it up and played catch. stop that and they lost.

Easier said than done. All Divide did was run. Stop that and they lose. You can take that view to most teams strength.

Divide could pass as well as they showed at state. They only ever ran into one team that could stop the run and make them have to throw. I was just using it as an example of why tgu and divide should be ranked higher in an end of the season poll.

You say they threw at state? Weird that's the game they lost. Sounds like their strength was taken away. You're right if you stop North Star's passing game they'll probably lose. What I'm saying is if you can STOP most teams strength, you'll win.[/quote][/quote]

It wasnt so much they're strength was stopped, they lost two all state players in that game. Jacobs rushed 5 times for 99 yards before getting injured. And lystad had over a 100 yards receiving before he cramped up. You take away two allstate skill positions players from any team and they're gonna struggle
whitefire
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:42 am

whitefire wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
whitefire wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
whitefire wrote: they had two great players that just bombed it up and played catch. stop that and they lost.

Easier said than done. All Divide did was run. Stop that and they lose. You can take that view to most teams strength.

Divide could pass as well as they showed at state. They only ever ran into one team that could stop the run and make them have to throw. I was just using it as an example of why tgu and divide should be ranked higher in an end of the season poll.

You say they threw at state? Weird that's the game they lost. Sounds like their strength was taken away. You're right if you stop North Star's passing game they'll probably lose. What I'm saying is if you can STOP most teams strength, you'll win.[/quote

It wasnt so much they're strength was stopped, they lost two all state players in that game. Jacobs rushed 5 times for 99 yards before getting injured. And lystad had over a 100 yards receiving before he cramped up. You take away two allstate skill positions players from any team and they're gonna struggle

I really don't care what happened in the game. I'm not even talking about the game. The whole point of my post was to show how dumb it was to say if you stop North Star's passing game, they'll lose. My point is that's obvious. If you stop most teams strength they lose. Divide just happened to be my example.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby 9manfan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:52 am

whitefire wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
whitefire wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

You say they threw at state? Weird that's the game they lost. Sounds like their strength was taken away. You're right if you stop North Star's passing game they'll probably lose. What I'm saying is if you can STOP most teams strength, you'll win.[/quote

im tired about hearing about the injuries. If you think about it their two all state players were out because what the rockets DID to them. they werent freak accidents. Jacobs was out of the game because Evan Swenson from NRS gave him the biggest hit of the game. After the rockets stopped their run game they had pass nonstop for two quarters. If a reciever isnt used to running 15 fly routes in a row of course he will be fatigued and get cramps. Their players were out because of the way NRS played. give them credit seriously.
9manfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby borderfan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:48 pm

The biggest hit of the game was Jacobs hit on the back on the screen play after he was hurt by the most important hit of the game by Swenson
borderfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby 9manfan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:07 pm

borderfan wrote:The biggest hit of the game was Jacobs hit on the back on the screen play after he was hurt by the most important hit of the game by Swenson

if you are referring to the play when alex perleberg was tackled by Jacobs on a screen pass then this is completely false. watch the game again. Swenson's hit on jacobs on their first kick return was a huge collision that clearly rattled him and hurt him. Jacobs hit on perleberg was a solid hit but nothing too impressive. Perleberg got up just fine and ran all over DC for the rest of the game. Jacobs took the bigger hit obviously by the result in him going to the hospital.
9manfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BruteForce » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Only one team this year went undefeated and thats NRS. You have to give them the credit of not only the state title, but also the title of best team in the state. Anyone who watched them play could clearly tell they were a dominant team and deserved what they achieved. Their defense proved it could shut down any team, and their offense was too diverse for an opponent's defense to handle. NRS was #1. And to touch back on the biggest hit of the game, I have to agree that it was Swenson's hit on Jacobs. Big hit indeed.
BruteForce
NDPreps Rookie

Postby footballchicken » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Green jacket, gold jacket.... I think this thread has ran it's course.
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:56 pm

9manfan wrote:
whitefire wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
whitefire wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

You say they threw at state? Weird that's the game they lost. Sounds like their strength was taken away. You're right if you stop North Star's passing game they'll probably lose. What I'm saying is if you can STOP most teams strength, you'll win.

im tired about hearing about the injuries. If you think about it their two all state players were out because what the rockets DID to them. they werent freak accidents. Jacobs was out of the game because Evan Swenson from NRS gave him the biggest hit of the game. After the rockets stopped their run game they had pass nonstop for two quarters. If a reciever isnt used to running 15 fly routes in a row of course he will be fatigued and get cramps. Their players were out because of the way NRS played. give them credit seriously.[/quote]

Jacob's didn't get hurt from a hit he took. He landed on the football and it got jammed into his stomach. All of the hit's weren't affecting him. Right after he got "jacked" on the opening kickoff he took it 90 yards for a score. And I'm not sure why, but Lystad has been bothered with cramping for half the season. He's as in shape as a high school kid could be, so that wasn't the issue.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to 9 - Man