2012 Playoffs - CHAMPIONSHIP

The teams in 9 Man

Re: 2012 Playoffs - CHAMPIONSHIP

Postby Jenkman » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:26 am

East has dominated and probably will for the years to come. I think a major advantage is that most of them schools out east have wrestling. I could be wrong, but it helps!
That 07 Mott team was the only exception. That group of seniors was outstanding. Didn't they have like there stud RB and WR hurt for that game too? That was up there with one of the most exciting state games I've seen in a while. 14-12 or 16-14? Came down to a two point conversion..fun game!
The Napoleon team that won it the year before could be one of the best teams i have ever seen play football.
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby BruteForce » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:45 am

NRS was the better team. I was constantly seeing DC players on their backs whether it was NRS tackling on defense or NRS blocking on offense. Jacobs was a loss, but no one was stopping "the bus." DC couldn't drive on NRS. Their big line up front proved to not be good enough to handle the NRS defense. Also, NRS seemed to have no trouble running the ball on DC, although they couldn't pass at all. congrats to DC for making it and you were a great team. But NRS wins that game 9 times out of 10.
BruteForce
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Schwab » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:51 am

First off, congrats to NRS and their coaching staff, very impressed. But most posters on the board are from east of the river, correct? I know a few people (let's say under 10) on this board saw DC play more than once. They have a very very very good program. Has the east had more success in the past few title games? Absolutely. Does that mean the west is weak? Absolutely not. People are making it sound like NRS was in control of the game from the opening kick. Was that the case? Those who watched the game know that it wasn't. Was the injury to the young man from DC a huge loss? Without a doubt. Would DC have won if he wouldn't have got hurt? No one can answer that. Good job to both teams on very successful seasons.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby AC-DC » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:11 am

I’m sure the best course of action is to just ignore the BS on here, but I’ll take a shot anyway.
This was a 1 score game until late in the 4th. Another score by DC midway, which reasonably happens with Jacobs and Lystad in the game, and it goes the other way 7 out of 10.
Good win by NRS, but don’t delude yourselves that it was by any means a push-over.
Time for DC to re-load. No doubt, they’ll be back in the hunt next year.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sleepy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:41 am

I think all this talk about east vs. west, Region 1 vs. Region 2 is a bit overdone. Most of the playoff and championship games have been pretty competitive. Isn't that what we want? I have only watched the last 2 9-man championships and they have been fun games to watch. In class A that discussion is a lot more relevant as the west has dominated that division and many of the championship games have been blowouts. Class AA and AAA have a lot of the same teams in the championship every year - how boring is that?
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:50 am

Congrats to NRS on the state championship and Congrats to DC for a great run to the championship game.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:45 am

Sleepy wrote:I think all this talk about east vs. west, Region 1 vs. Region 2 is a bit overdone. Most of the playoff and championship games have been pretty competitive. Isn't that what we want? I have only watched the last 2 9-man championships and they have been fun games to watch. In class A that discussion is a lot more relevant as the west has dominated that division and many of the championship games have been blowouts. Class AA and AAA have a lot of the same teams in the championship every year - how boring is that?

The last 2 game have been competitive, but the previous 3 were over early.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby theoldman » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Flip wrote:
Sleepy wrote:I think all this talk about east vs. west, Region 1 vs. Region 2 is a bit overdone. Most of the playoff and championship games have been pretty competitive. Isn't that what we want? I have only watched the last 2 9-man championships and they have been fun games to watch. In class A that discussion is a lot more relevant as the west has dominated that division and many of the championship games have been blowouts. Class AA and AAA have a lot of the same teams in the championship every year - how boring is that?

The last 2 game have been competitive, but the previous 3 were over early.

Yes in those years the east had undeniably the most dominant team in the state, especially, Hillsboro in '08 and W-L in 2010. But does that mean that top to bottom the east is always going to dominate the west? I guess we won't know because they don't get the chance to play each other.
theoldman
NDPreps Starter

Postby 112 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:13 am

Hey Schwab, I couldn't have said it better myself. Very well put. I was beginning to think that all west teams should think about playing in Montana instead of being dominated again next year. Thanks for giving us west teams a little credit
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to 9 - Man