All State Players

The teams in 9 Man

All State Players

Postby footballislife15 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:36 am

what are your thoughts on all State Players? 1st and 2nd team.
Play to Win.
footballislife15
NDPreps Starter

Re: All State Players

Postby Meat » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Lance Knudson from DC. He's a stud
Meat
NDPreps Rookie

Postby panthercub » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:52 pm

My all-staters from Region 3
1st Team
Grande- WR
Hagler- QB
Mclintock- RB
B.Larson- LB
2nd Team
Bacon- OL
Volson- DL
Dye- RB
Weston- WR
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby theoldman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:02 am

Find it hard to make a list of all-state players from Region 3 and not include Eli Luna of TGU. He makes that team go and they are unbeaten and ranked 3rd in the state.
theoldman
NDPreps Starter

Postby winners » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:12 pm

I find it hard to believe that North Star can have 4 all staters and finish second in their region, and the team that is number one in their region have 1 all stater. Also, a team that doesn't make the playoffs have 2 all staters.
winners
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Flip » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:41 pm

winners wrote:I find it hard to believe that North Star can have 4 all staters and finish second in their region, and the team that is number one in their region have 1 all stater. Also, a team that doesn't make the playoffs have 2 all staters.

maybe he's suggesting TGU has superior coaching
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby fb34 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:15 pm

winners wrote:I find it hard to believe that North Star can have 4 all staters and finish second in their region, and the team that is number one in their region have 1 all stater. Also, a team that doesn't make the playoffs have 2 all staters.

i agree with winners i find it had for them to have 4 all state players and for a team without amkeing the playoffs to have 2 that makes no sence to me......also luna has got to b up there in contension
fb34
NDPreps Rookie

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:36 pm

My Region 1 all state teamers:

Illies-WL
Vasquez-WL
Bosch-South border
Griffith-Richland
Lenzen-Hankinson (spelling could be off)
Birnbaum from hankinson would have been all state if he didn't get hurt
Beine-NGS (again spelling)

I could also see Thielges (Lamoure), and the lineman from Lamoure who for some reason i can't remember his name.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby potato.farmer » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Jack Breen- Hillsboro and Spencer Robbins- Cavalier
Last edited by potato.farmer on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
potato.farmer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Region 1 All Staters:

First Team
Illies-WL
Vasquez-WL
Thielges-Lamoure
Beine-NGS

Second Team
Bosch-South Border
Griffith-Richland
Fetting-Napoleon
Olson-Lamoure

Deserving but probably not enough games:
Birnbaum - Hankinson
Shockman - Lamoure
M. Jacobson - South Border
Weigel - Napoleon
Last edited by EHS1998 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby kiper » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:45 pm

Dufner - hillsboro
Chrest - cavalier
Moor - Lakota
Edmonson - New Rockford
Four very deserving first teamers from region 2
kiper
NDPreps Reserve

Postby panthercub » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:55 pm

The names I listed are just names that came to mind. Luna is very talented! I just forgot to list him. He does make the team go, but I would put him at DB. Another name that sticks out from region 3, Ridge Bachmier from TGU. Mclintock is definitely 1st or 2nd team at RB and Volson is at the least honorable mention at DL!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Spin2Win » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:43 pm

Does it really matter how the team finishes in the region or state? I thought the All State is about the individual.
Spin2Win
NDPreps Reserve

Postby potato.farmer » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:09 am

Spin2Win wrote:Does it really matter how the team finishes in the region or state? I thought the All State is about the individual.

Of course it does. How good can the player be if the team is awful? You don't see any player being in contention for the heisman if the team isn't a contender or any player being in MVP discussions if the team is subpar. The same applies to high school athletics. It's very difficult to be all state if your team is 1-7 or 2-6 or whatever the case may be. It's probably not right or fair but its the way it is.
potato.farmer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theoldman » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:33 am

Spin2Win wrote:Does it really matter how the team finishes in the region or state? I thought the All State is about the individual.

I don't have the numbers right in front of me but I am sure that if you don't even look at the teams record or ranking and went solely on individual stats Luna would still be a shoo in for the All-State team.
theoldman
NDPreps Starter

Postby coach66 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:46 am

all state is a lot of politics and rallying for your own region's guys if you dont make the playoffs chances are you wont make all-state...thats what all region is for
coach66
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Duckfan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:12 am

Stoll from BC, good player, just on a not so good team
Duckfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby panthercub » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:30 am

All State players should be players that you would want to represent our state vs lets say a SD team. Why would you take a kid from a good team that is a decent athelete over a kid from a sub par team that is a dominant player!? It is about indivuals not team performance. We have a playoff system to decide who the "better" teams are! BTW it looks like regions 2 and 3 have the power this year!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby coach66 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:40 pm

panthercub wrote:All State players should be players that you would want to represent our state vs lets say a SD team. Why would you take a kid from a good team that is a decent athelete over a kid from a sub par team that is a dominant player!? It is about indivuals not team performance. We have a playoff system to decide who the "better" teams are! BTW it looks like regions 2 and 3 have the power this year!

I agree with the best players should be called the best players but its hard for the entire state to notice kids from a sub par team...i agree with you but thats just not how it is
coach66
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Schwab » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:06 pm

panthercub wrote:All State players should be players that you would want to represent our state vs lets say a SD team. Why would you take a kid from a good team that is a decent athelete over a kid from a sub par team that is a dominant player!? It is about indivuals not team performance. We have a playoff system to decide who the "better" teams are! BTW it looks like regions 2 and 3 have the power this year!

I don't know if I would say power, we were 5 points away from having a split (Napoleon and CM lost by 5 combined) and we were 7 points away from Region 1 having 3 teams win (Napoleon and Lamoure lost by 7 combined) It seems like it was pretty balanced this year IMO
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:51 pm

The Schwab wrote:I don't know if I would say power, we were 5 points away from having a split (Napoleon and CM lost by 5 combined) and we were 7 points away from Region 1 having 3 teams win (Napoleon and Lamoure lost by 7 combined) It seems like it was pretty balanced this year IMO

Kind of agree. The top teams were fairly even and I'll give the edge to Region 2 because I think Cavalier is a step above everyone, but region 2 can't compete with the depth of region 1.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby kiper » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:10 pm

Yet region two could have completed the sweep if injuries would not have effected the WL game
kiper
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:27 pm

kiper wrote:Yet region two could have completed the sweep if injuries would not have effected the WL game

yep, first game in the history of HS football where injuries affected the outcome.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sleepy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:45 pm

kiper wrote:Yet region two could have completed the sweep if injuries would not have effected the WL game

As many times as this keeps getting mentioned, you would swear that Hillsboro had at least a 2 TD lead when these injuries occurred. From what I remember they scored 0 points in the game so they couldn't have ever been ahead.
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Postby kiper » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:21 pm

Hillsboro was moving the ball better. 0 0 at half. WL had 30 yards at half. Those two go down is a huge dent. Not saying anything for sure I just saw Hills coming out on top
kiper
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to 9 - Man