The teams in 9 Man

Cavalier @ Wyndmere

Postby Bigcfan83 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:30 pm

What are your thoughts about this matchup
Bigcfan83
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Cavalier @ Wyndmere

Postby sportsking » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Weather is to be 32 degrees for a high. Perfect weather for a hard hitting contest! I do believe this is the year the Tornadoes leave Wynmere with the win! Wyndmere is a pretty good team, line not as strong as last year, ball will be in the hands of the 2 stars all game. Just don't think they will have enough to stop the Tornadoes! Good luck to both teams!
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby thunder » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:00 pm

The title of this thread should be Cavalier @ Wyndmere - Lidgerwood
thunder
NDPreps Reserve

Postby defensewinsgames » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:05 pm

I will take Cavalier. I was at the WL game this week and the first half they didn't even look like a play off team. They couldn't complete a screen pass. QB doesnt seem to have improved at all and the line looks pretty weak. I will take Cavalier and Crest by 10 or 14 points.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby ToddZeile » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:10 pm

Vasquez and Illies did not impress me at all. They disappeared for a half and Hillsboro would have beaten them if the Burros wouldn't have lost two of their better players. WL will be lucky to keep it within 40. I would be shocked if WL scores more than one TD. (they could get a fluke score) In my opinion, Crest and Robbins make up the real two-headed monster. Region 1 showed their true colors in the opening round. Should have been a sweep for region 2.
ToddZeile
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kiper » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Cavalier over wyndmere by 30 at half
kiper
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jpashky4 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:09 pm

after the tornadoes thrashing over south border, who i thought early on this season could be a team to make a run at a state title, i now believe cavalier will take this game, and will take it pretty handily. I am sure Cavalier will have sour taste in their mouth from last years playoff matchup when the gave up 64 points. cavalier 40-16
jpashky4
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BBSportsFan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:34 am

ToddZeile wrote:Vasquez and Illies did not impress me at all. They disappeared for a half and Hillsboro would have beaten them if the Burros wouldn't have lost two of their better players. WL will be lucky to keep it within 40. I would be shocked if WL scores more than one TD. (they could get a fluke score) In my opinion, Crest and Robbins make up the real two-headed monster. Region 1 showed their true colors in the opening round. Should have been a sweep for region 2.

Vasquez and Illies could have had the games of their lives and you would still not have been impressed. Anyone that's ever been on this board knows that you don't like W-L, all one need do is search for your posts, and every single one of them is something negative about W-L. That being said, congratulations to Hillsboro on another great year. As a Warbird fan, I will miss the rivalry we've had over the years and I'm glad in our last meeting this time around in the 9-man realm, we were able to come out on top. Good luck in 11man!
BBSportsFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby beastineast » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:05 pm

If W/L offense was there the first half, it would have been very lopsided, and I think with a cold day for play, cavalier won't be able to throw much, and their run game will not net much..therefore W/L will win.
Their defense is what held hillsboro to no score..and is the same defense that beat cavalier last year...
beastineast
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:16 pm

beastineast wrote:and their run game will not net much.

If this takes place it will be the total opposite of their previous 8 games
your dreaming... :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:49 pm

winner-within wrote:
beastineast wrote:and their run game will not net much.

If this takes place it will be the total opposite of their previous 8 games
your dreaming... :)

any word on cleem? that will be a hole if he cant go!
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby kiper » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:51 pm

beastineast wrote:If W/L offense was there the first half, it would have been very lopsided, and I think with a cold day for play, cavalier won't be able to throw much, and their run game will not net much..therefore W/L will win.
Their defense is what held hillsboro to no score..and is the same defense that beat cavalier last year...

WL defense is very good but Hillsboro losing their starting runningback and best player on their team Dufner at quarterback really effected Hillsboro on offense. If Hillsboro didn't have injuries i didn't see them losing that game. But that is not the case, it is apart of the game.
kiper
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roy hinkley » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:19 pm

kiper wrote:
beastineast wrote:If W/L offense was there the first half, it would have been very lopsided, and I think with a cold day for play, cavalier won't be able to throw much, and their run game will not net much..therefore W/L will win.

WL defense is very good but Hillsboro losing their starting runningback and best player on their team Dufner at quarterback really effected Hillsboro on offense. If Hillsboro didn't have injuries i didn't see them losing that game. But that is not the case, it is apart of the game.

2 major injuries early into the 2nd quarter for HCV was the factor in this game. The game plan by the Burro's coaching staff stopped the W/L offensive game. Both HCV injured players were major parts in the Offense and more important on defense and this was the downfall. I do not see Cavalier needing to throw much to move the chains with the size of offensive line on Saturday. Either way it will be a great game to watch!
Last edited by roy hinkley on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
roy hinkley
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsking » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:42 pm

I think Roy means "The game plan by the Burro's coaching staff stopped the W/L offensive game. Not the Tornadoes.
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:34 pm

I don't think that WL is going to get blown out like some people have posted. Down 30 at half seems ridiculous. The number one seed in the region doesn't lose by 30 plus. Especially with the talent WL has on offense at WR/TE and their stout defense. It's just not going to happen. I think Cavalier wins but by 10 not 30 plus. That's just crazy. That doesn't even sound like an intelligent prediction.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsking » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:41 am

defensewinsgames wrote:I don't think that WL is going to get blown out like some people have posted. Down 30 at half seems ridiculous. The number one seed in the region doesn't lose by 30 plus. Especially with the talent WL has on offense at WR/TE and their stout defense. It's just not going to happen. I think Cavalier wins but by 10 not 30 plus. That's just crazy. That doesn't even sound like an intelligent prediction.

I do believe that 30 pts at the half is a stretch, but last year it was posted that W/L was going to be ahead by close to that at the half too. Your always going to have a guess like this one, this is why they play the game! I do believe that this year Cavalier has the better team! They don't rely on just 2 players to make or break them.
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby roy hinkley » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:28 am

I will be willing to say a missed 2 point conversion to be the factor in this game! Like stated earlier, this will be a GREAT GAME to watch.
roy hinkley
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 am

In all honesty I do believe that Region 1 and Region 2 done a full swip-swap in one year
yea hind sights 20/20 and I am speaking off of last Saturdays results a bit, although I was confident Cavalier would prevail @ home.
I think Cavalier would be more comfortable playing @ home again but the bottom line is W-L came up to Cavalier and Whooped them good last year, so advantage, advantage (won the last meeting on the Road, get to play the rematch @ home) not to mention the higher poll rating all season.
Pressure is definitely on the Tornado coaching staff.... :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby potato.farmer » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:14 pm

I was at the first round W-L, Hillsboro game and was not impressed with W-L. The qb was rather ineffective and the passing game was non existent. The offensive line played better in the 2nd half but as a whole is average at best. Vasquez and Illies are very athletic, good runners. The W-L defense is excellent and shut down Hillsboro's option. If injuries didn't occur for Hillsboro, the outcome probably different and I didn't see W-L getting the win. Cavalier is easily the most complete team remaining and by the 3rd quarter I see this game being wrapped up. Cavalier wins this one.
potato.farmer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:26 am

Stinks Cleem isn't going to play...I'm sure he will miss some BBall too........anyways its time FOR VENGEANCE

GO TORNADOS
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:16 pm

Congrats to the Tornadoes! What a game! Both teams really played hard, alot of great hits, good hard nose football. I really thought the Tornadoes did a good job of putting pressure on the QB, which was key to not letting those 2 outstanding receivers take over the game. I thought the line of scrimmage war was definately won by the Tornadoes! Cavalier just has 2 many different options, compared to W/L. W/L definatley came to play, they are a well coached team, that does not give up! Good luck to the Tornadoes in the rematch with New Rockford-Sheyenne!
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigdog » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:59 pm

A big thumbs up to the WL team, coaches and fans. What a great atmosphere and game. Heard alot of horror stories about the fans but after the game, nothing but class and congrats from the locals. Lots of places you don't get that! Both teams played their hearts out with lots of action. Both teams laid it all on the line and nobody should hang their heads. Warbird Nation earned alot of respect from the Tornadoes players and staff.
bigdog
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BBSportsFan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:23 am

bigdog wrote:A big thumbs up to the WL team, coaches and fans. What a great atmosphere and game. Heard alot of horror stories about the fans but after the game, nothing but class and congrats from the locals. Lots of places you don't get that! Both teams played their hearts out with lots of action. Both teams laid it all on the line and nobody should hang their heads. Warbird Nation earned alot of respect from the Tornadoes players and staff.

Thanks Big Dog - it was a tough loss for the Warbirds, but losses like that are a little easier to stomach, when both teams put on the performance like they did Saturday afternoon. Two great football programs, communities proud of their kids and tradition getting a chance to meet in the playoffs the last two years and leave it all out on the field. Coach Oskendahl (another thing we have in common) - would be proud! All the best to the Tornadoes in their upcoming games. I hope to be watching you at the Alerus on November 9th.
BBSportsFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby psycho » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:57 am

It will be interesting to see how the games come out this week as records of all 4 are excellent. I believe the power of 9 man football still sits in the east and looking at scores this weekend think that any of the 4 east teams in quarters would beat any team in west. Whoever gets in finals will determine that. First time in a few years that Region 1 won't win title. Has the west won a title in the last 10 years or even the shrine game? Maybe this is their year but don't see it happening. Look for close games on both sides of the state on Saturday with East win the week after.
psycho
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:02 am

bigdog wrote:A big thumbs up to the WL team, coaches and fans. What a great atmosphere and game. Heard alot of horror stories about the fans but after the game, nothing but class and congrats from the locals. Lots of places you don't get that! Both teams played their hearts out with lots of action. Both teams laid it all on the line and nobody should hang their heads. Warbird Nation earned alot of respect from the Tornadoes players and staff.

Warbird Nation had the Tornadoes respect from last year.....Now (i would say) a reversal took place.. :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to 9 - Man