Postby DCFan2 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:15 pm

9-MAN
Team (1st-Place Votes) W-L Pts
1. Divide County (10) 8-0 61
2. New Rockford-Sheyenne (3) 7-0 48
3. Towner-Granville-Upham 7-0 37
4. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood 7-1 25
5. North Star 6-1 17
Others Receiving Votes: Cavalier (6-1) 6, Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter (7-1) 1.
DCFan2
NDPreps Reserve

Re: State Poll #7-2012

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:22 pm

As soon as I saw who posted the poll I thought, "DC must be #1."

I wish the DC posters would post more too. I hear more about how they hate the travel then about their team.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:28 pm

Divide county is a very big and physical team, very well coached, very good program
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:09 am

Compare them to last year. Could they actually pass the ball if someone stopped the run? It felt like last year against NS they couldn't do anything once NS slowed the run.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:48 am

Do not sleep on Lamoure-LM.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby DCFan2 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:08 am

Flip wrote:Compare them to last year. Could they actually pass the ball if someone stopped the run? It felt like last year against NS they couldn't do anything once NS slowed the run.

Very efficient passing game. 67% completion rate, 11 TD's, 21 yds/catch. Two 1000 yd rushers. QB 17 yds/carry, 16 TD's. RB 11yds/carry, 13 TD's. Very big athletic line with 2 All State quality linemen.
DCFan2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:30 am

Flip wrote:Compare them to last year. Could they actually pass the ball if someone stopped the run? It felt like last year against NS they couldn't do anything once NS slowed the run.

I don't know if I would say they are better this year, when I saw them I expected to see only about 3-5 plays they would run effectively, but they ran about 10-12 very well, seemed pretty balanced to me.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby AC-DC » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:19 pm

Great to see it DC!
Keep up the hard work.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vb4life » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:45 pm

EHS1998 wrote:Do not sleep on Lamoure-LM.

I agree do not count Lamoure out, they are hot right now. They knocked off #5 Hankinson a few weeks ago, knocked off #1 Wyndmere-Lidgerwood the week after. They are clicking on all gears. Whomever plays them better be prepared because trust me it won't be easy.
vb4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:27 pm

vb4life wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:Do not sleep on Lamoure-LM.

I agree do not count Lamoure out, they are hot right now. They knocked off #5 Hankinson a few weeks ago, knocked off #1 Wyndmere-Lidgerwood the week after. They are clicking on all gears. Whomever plays them better be prepared because trust me it won't be easy.

Lamoure over NRS will be a very trendy pick this next week. I'm going to make that pick too. Lamoure is probably playing the best football of anyone in region 1 right now.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:34 pm

I agree Lamoure looks very good but after a dominate performance at NGS last week I still think WL is the best team. Plus in recent years they have played much better after a loss. Example: 2010 lost to Hillsboro opening game and then didn't lose and walked through the state championship game, 2011 lost last game of regular season to NGS and put of very good playoff performances until losing to the eventual state champs so just were a match up problem.

I would love to see Lamoure and WL go back at it again it would be a great game to watch.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby bigdog » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:52 pm

I believe many people are underestimating Sheyenne-New Rockford. They have multiple weapons. lots of team speed, and homefield throughout the playoffs. They are extremely tough at home. Their one downfall might not be their own fault, there schedule. Other than a couple midseason OT games against Cavalier and Lakota, they haven't been pushed. You play who is on your schedule though. LLM is definitely playing their best ball right now. I think it will come down to the lineplay, because both teams have plenty of playmakers. Just think the Rockets might have a little chip on their shoulder, a little Rodney Dangerfield (I get no respect) from Region 1 supporters, but they have the past on their side.
bigdog
NDPreps Rookie

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:03 pm

bigdog wrote:I believe many people are underestimating Sheyenne-New Rockford. They have multiple weapons. lots of team speed, and homefield throughout the playoffs. They are extremely tough at home. Their one downfall might not be their own fault, there schedule. Other than a couple midseason OT games against Cavalier and Lakota, they haven't been pushed. You play who is on your schedule though. LLM is definitely playing their best ball right now. I think it will come down to the lineplay, because both teams have plenty of playmakers. Just think the Rockets might have a little chip on their shoulder, a little Rodney Dangerfield (I get no respect) from Region 1 supporters, but they have the past on their side.

I agree with this post as far as the Region one people being overly in love with their region and i'm probably the most guilty. But as far as Nine Man Football goes over at least the last five years it has been no contest. Region 1 has dominated so i guess i tend to go with the true until proven wrong but NRS is definetly a good team who deserves a lot of respect going into the play offs.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby panthercub » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:58 am

defensewinsgames wrote:
bigdog wrote:I believe many people are underestimating Sheyenne-New Rockford. They have multiple weapons. lots of team speed, and homefield throughout the playoffs. They are extremely tough at home. Their one downfall might not be their own fault, there schedule. Other than a couple midseason OT games against Cavalier and Lakota, they haven't been pushed. You play who is on your schedule though. LLM is definitely playing their best ball right now. I think it will come down to the lineplay, because both teams have plenty of playmakers. Just think the Rockets might have a little chip on their shoulder, a little Rodney Dangerfield (I get no respect) from Region 1 supporters, but they have the past on their side.

I agree with this post as far as the Region one people being overly in love with their region and i'm probably the most guilty. But as far as Nine Man Football goes over at least the last five years it has been no contest. Region 1 has dominated so i guess i tend to go with the true until proven wrong but NRS is definetly a good team who deserves a lot of respect going into the play offs.

I dont know if you can say they dominated in last years Dakota Bowl (best ever). Yes they were a better team, but NS was no slouch either!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to 9 - Man