Top Running Backs

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Top Running Backs

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:39 pm

Nodak20 wrote:Griffith has the stats because thats what Richland has. Dont get me wrong, his a great back but his stats stand above others because of the fact that he gets 35-45 carries a game. Im sure other region 1 backs like Bosch, Thiegles, Zirnhelt, Olsen, Belmore and Lenzen could get close to or above his stats averaging that many carries a game. These players share snaps, Griffith gets all of them.

I don't think anyone was saying Griffith was better because of his stats.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:30 am

Thats no what i was trying to say at all, if it was interpreted that way. I think he is a better back
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby IndiansFan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:44 am

Leonard Richotte from Four Winds has to be mentioned in this category. The thing that stands out most when I saw him run the ball, is the combination of his power and will. Sure, he has some speed and vision to spot the running lanes, but his will to keep driving his feet until that whistle blows is something else. He almost never falls backwards when hes getting tackled. When he knows hes going down, he doesn't just run out of bounds... he lowers his pads and gets that extra yard or two. To say his O-line is inconsistent would be an huge understatement. It seems like more times than not, hes getting hit in the backfield, but finds a way to make something out of nothing.
IndiansFan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby IndiansFan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:46 am

Leonard Richotte from Four Winds has to be mentioned in this category. The thing that stands out most when I saw him run the ball, is the combination of his power and will. Sure, he has some speed and vision to spot the running lanes, but his will to keep driving his feet until that whistle blows is something else. He almost never falls backwards when hes getting tackled. When he knows hes going down, he doesn't just run out of bounds... he lowers his pads and gets that extra yard or two. To say his O-line is inconsistent would be an huge understatement. It seems like more times than not, hes getting hit in the backfield, but finds a way to make something out of nothing.
IndiansFan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Surrey75 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Bryan Dye- Surrey... Before the game against Kenmare 1458 yards, 17 touchdowns on 137 carries.... While only playing the first half against TGU and the first quarter against Four Winds which he had 5 touchdowns in.
Surrey75
NDPreps Rookie

Postby chief45 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Emmel and Dale from Shiloh are a good 1-2 punch
chief45
NDPreps Starter

Postby 9manfan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:19 am

Moor from lakota had an amazing game first round of playoffs vs. NGS. 353 yards rushing and 5 tds. Next game vs. NRS was held to 36 yards
9manfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 112 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:31 pm

Isaac Jacobs from DC deserves a mention, he has put up some big numbers, and he might be an even better linebacker. Dexter Two Crow from Parshall is a hard runner and good athlete, just doesnt have a line to block for him.
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to 9 - Man