Mott Regent vs Turtle Lake Mercer

The teams in 9 Man

Postby ticket0115 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:47 pm

These teams faced each other in week 6 of the season with Mott picking up a 26-6 win. Looking for insight on the game.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:45 am

Most certainly a different ballgame this time around! The six turnovers wont occur again. I think having the #1 ranked team (Mott) coming into Turtle Lake will be huge, in the playoff setting. Should be a classic, and I will reveal my prediction later this week.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:46 am

Why is this game at T-L????
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby twinsfan34 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:38 am

It is being played in Turtle Lake because of the tiebreaker.  When like seeds play, in even numbered years, the even numbered region will be the host team.
twinsfan34

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:42 am

Thank You
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby smooth » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:04 pm

There has to be an upset this week and I think it is this game.  TL moved the ball at will at times in the first game, just turned it over too much.  

TL-M 22

Mott 20
smooth
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:07 pm

jwb262 wrote:Most certainly a different ballgame this time around! The six turnovers wont occur again. I think having the #1 ranked team (Mott) coming into Turtle Lake will be huge, in the playoff setting. Should be a classic, and I will reveal my prediction later this week.

how much longer must we wait for your prediction....its killing me to know who you are going to pick....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby boysbballfan » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:20 pm

I think mott-regent got ripped off the game should be at mott. I think the ndhsaa should change the rules to how AAA and AA are the better team should be rewarded for it by playing at home. But I think the Wildfire will repeat their last performance against TLM and win.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:25 pm

I'll take Mott-Regent in this one 26-12. On a side note, does anyone out there know if Brock Gion is attempting to come back during the playoffs?? I remember Coach Benson saying that he MAY make it back at some point. If anyone knows for sure, it would be nice to know.
ndfbfan

Postby Pfenix » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:29 pm

I agree but honestly I think the wildfire have proven they can win anytime anywhere, the location doesn't matter.  They did just fine at TL in week 6.  As for Brock Gion, I heard he's coming along fine, but coming back right now is still questionable.  I guess we'll all have to find out at the game on saturday.  Wouldn't it be great to see what their already ferocious D would look like with him on the field? 
Last edited by Pfenix on Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby beans3 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:55 pm

Gion is optional this week, still rehabbing but he has gotten the ok to play, only time will tell.   what i was wondering was if there is something wrong with jeremy misek having noticed that he didnt play against RTH?
beans3

Postby ticket0115 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:51 pm

Misek will be there for the mott game, he had made some prior commitments before the season even started and was not at the game with Richardton
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby andy_7 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:18 am

I guess we will see if Turtle Lake will live up to the hype you guys give them.
andy_7

Postby fb_fan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:49 am

[user=639]boysbballfan[/user] wrote:
I think mott-regent got ripped off the game should be at mott. I think the ndhsaa should change the rules to how AAA and AA are the better team should be rewarded for it by playing at home.
The one problem with that is, AAA and AA have only an east and a west region and they are seeded according to record in each region. So they only have a one seed on each side of the state.Too many regions in A and 9 man to do that.
fb_fan

Postby footballplayer » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:38 pm

fb_fan wrote:[user=639]boysbballfan[/user] wrote:
I think mott-regent got ripped off the game should be at mott. I think the ndhsaa should change the rules to how AAA and AA are the better team should be rewarded for it by playing at home.

The one problem with that is, AAA and AA have only an east and a west region and they are seeded according to record in each region. So they only have a one seed on each side of the state.Too many regions in A and 9 man to do that.

Also another point would be, who gets homefeild in the playoffs if two teams both have the same record.  There are just to many teams to do this because there are many teams that go through the season undefeated.
footballplayer

Postby twinsfan34 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:22 am

I'll throw this out for discussion:

Here is a possible exception to the current tiebreaker process they could use.  If the two tied teams met in the regular season, the winner of that game would get home field advantage.

In this particular case, Mott-Regent defeated Turtle Lake-Mercer on Sept. 29th, therefore they would get to play at home.

What does everyone think?
twinsfan34

Postby jwb262 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:06 am

After this season they can change the rule if they want (biased opinion)!  I think there should be some weight held on the regular season, and the non-region matchups. If you win your region, then automatically your first game is at home. After that you must have won the head2head matchup. I also think the semi-final round should be neutral site, in the case of  regions 6-7, the Bismarck Bowl. Pre-determined before season by the Dual Regions coaches. I think the caliber of teams that make it that far deserve the atmosphere. A college setting is always nice for these events.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:58 am

I agree with JWB with everything besides neutral field semis.  I've been to a couple of semifinal games, and the atmosphere was AWESOME, and if the visiting team doesn't travel to support their team, they are not true fans.  If the problem is with travel, have those fans charter a bus and get there, but GET THERE.  If I remember right back in the 90's they held the semis at the Fargodome as well, and can remember NewEngland-Regent having to travel back to back weekends to play in the Fargodome, which was kind of ridiculous.  Keep it at their home field, and get the fans out at the game.  It would still be a memory for those kids to cherish.
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mike thingstad » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:45 am

We played back to back weekends the same year - it was great to play in the dome even if we had to travel. the elements didn't have anything to do with the game and we had tons of fans both weekends. I would like for them VC to do it agian!
mike thingstad
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:46 am

I recall the kids from the NE-R teams in the 90's as saying that their plan was Home-Home-Dome-Dome.  I know the people of those communities wouldn't trade those trips to the dome for anything.  Way back when the semi final games were in a neutral site.  We played at Hughes field against Strasburg.  I think that people will complain regardless of the site of teh game.  It is what we do best.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby twinsfan34 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:54 am

jwb262 wrote:After this season they can change the rule if they want (biased opinion)!  I think there should be some weight held on the regular season, and the non-region matchups. If you win your region, then automatically your first game is at home. After that you must have won the head2head matchup. I also think the semi-final round should be neutral site, in the case of  regions 6-7, the Bismarck Bowl. Pre-determined before season by the Dual Regions coaches. I think the caliber of teams that make it that far deserve the atmosphere. A college setting is always nice for these events.

I like that idea!  BTW, good luck to the Trojans tomorrow afternoon!
twinsfan34

Postby Norm70 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:27 pm

I do not like the semis in a neutral site such as the fargo dome, i didn't like when i played in them. It made the crowds seem small. Plus after playing in 30 degree weather for a month and then going to play in the dead air (if you have played there you know what i am talking about) just doesn't feel right. I remeber a quote in the fargo forum awhile ago. "football should be played outside nasty weather or not." I believe this wholeheartedly.

Oh and good luck TL-M i will be rooting for ya!
Last edited by Norm70 on Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norm70

Postby Pfenix » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:53 pm

They've beat them once, they can do it again.  GO WILDFIRE!!!!
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:03 pm

Huge gutsy ballgame by the Trojans! They pull off, and play their best ballgame of the season! Oh yeah and the result a 34-28 win vs Mott, and a berth into the semi-final round. Ticket you started this thread, and finished it to, with an incredible ballgame! Shout out goes to ya!
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby pro341 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:24 pm

This was one of the best HS football games I've ever seen! TLM came right out of the shoot with a TD and never looked back, in fact never trailed. It was 22-22 at half time and a big 4th down stop early in 3rd after TLM put up a TD by Collum really gave TLM the momentum.

Everybody was talking about Mott's vaunted passing game going into the game. Today, TLM made just enough big plays in the secondary to pull it out. Evan Nelson had the biggest play of the game with a pick at the TLM 20 with about 3 minutes left to seal the deal.

Great Job TLM, Good luck next week against Divide County. Congrats to Mott also! Great season just came up a bit short when it counted most.
pro341
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to 9 - Man