Week 6 Big Games

The teams in 9 Man

Week 6 Big Games

Postby defense1st » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:08 am

Looks like it's going to be a big showdown for the Region 4 lead this Friday.
5-0 Divide County travels to 5-0 Shiloh Christian

I expect a high scoring game with Shiloh surprising them. Granted, they are playing well so it won't be a big surprise if they win, but I don't think that DC expects to lose.

What are the big headline games in other regions?
defense1st
NDPreps Starter

Re: Week 6 Big Games

Postby Flip » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:20 am

Just looking at the scores it looks like DC has pounded the bottom half of Region 4 with this being their first test. SC has pounded the bottom teams and squeaked by upper half teams. What does this mean? probably nothing. I think DC wins, but who knows how that long bus ride effects a team. I cannot even fathom a bus ride from Crosby to Bismarck.

edit: shorter than I thought, only 230 miles, still a crazy distance
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby whitefire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:30 am

i've watched divide play most of their games this year, barring turnovers i expect to see them walk through shiloh. divide has extraordinary size and have many weapons.their defense has been dominant the only downfall i've see so far is the fact that their starters haven't played past the third quarter.so it will be nice to see how they play against a team that coulod stretch them into the fourth quarter. i havent seen shiloh play and i know stat sheets dont mean much but on paper divide is dominant. i hope its a better game than i predict. good luck to shiloh. divide wins 55-18. regardless of the win or loss both of these teams are playoff bound. wish luck to both.
whitefire
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DCFan2 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:08 am

Look to the Parshall matchup. Two Crow from Parshall scored 3 times on Shiloh. Two Crow never saw the endzone against DC. Parshall scored on a Flea flicker in first quarter and against JV with a minute remaining in the game. DC controls line of scrimmage on both sides. Will be great game in Bismarck. I am expecting a huge DC crowd in Bismarck. Travel not a problem for DC. 275 miles to Hettinger and they were still ready to play.
DCFan2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:42 am

Should be a good game. I am going with DC by a TD or 2.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby chief45 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:08 am

DC vs Shiloh will be the game of the week! In my opinion this game will determine who will receive the number 1 seed in the region which will be huge for either team. This should be a close one but shiloh will have to play alot better than they did in mott. Ill take Shiloh in a close one
chief45
NDPreps Starter

Postby Vike » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:18 am

I haven't seen DC play, but I would give them an edge against Shiloh. Shiloh is a good team right now, but far from being great. They just have to much inexperience, and most of the kids have never played in a playoff caliber game. The neat thing about Shiloh is they only lose 3 seniors (1 at QB, 1 at DT and 1 backup). The backup QB is a freshmen who is a passing threat, running threat and sees the field exceptionally well. He currently starts at DB, returns kicks and returns punts. He leads the team in solo tackles and interceptions, plus has a punt return for a TD. The backup DT is an animal. He has played DT sparingly and has a few TFL, and some QB hurries. He is an excellent penetrator and causes chaos in the backfield. He is currently the starting center and kicker. IMO the only reason these two don't start is because they have had no varsity experience. Also Coach doesn't like to wear the kids down their first year. Why play them when the starters just keep winning.

So give DC this one by 3 TDs, but look out for Shiloh (in playoffs this year and the next few years).
Vike
NDPreps Reserve

Postby defense1st » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:14 pm

West division championship in 2 years: TGU vs. Shiloh
defense1st
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballislife15 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:59 pm

WL at LLM on Friday.
Play to Win.
footballislife15