Look out for the Skyhawks

The teams in 9 Man

Look out for the Skyhawks

Postby Vike » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:42 am

I have been noticing the previous posts, and see that Shiloh was not on anyone's radar. I have been following Shiloh football for the past 3 years, and their Jr team (currently fresh. & soph.) has only 1 loss and that was to Center by 6. The thing to remember about Shiloh is they only lose their QB after this year, and the majority of their starters are fresh and sophs. The #2 QB (a freshman) has been one of the best QB's in Bismarck football since 3rd grade, and he will make that position better because not only can he throw, but he is also the second fastest runner on the team behind Emmel. So, if Shiloh can stay healthy, expect to see them have a good run for the next 4 years.
Vike
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Look out for the Skyhawks

Postby winner-within » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:22 pm

I like the Username....good post....I think you could say that for a number of teams

Football in ND (I believe) is a true tradition sport, even more than Basketball
and what I mean by that is, its a short season, fall sport, that not all kids (that could) participate in
what also makes it more traditional (imo) is its not offered at all Schools (or at least it wasn't when traditions were being cultivated)
Look at it like this...."a good run" ??? is that 80% wins vs losses? if thats the Case.....Some Towns have been on a 30 year run in several different divisions....food for thought!.. :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flanker23 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Yes, let's talk about Shiloh. So this will be the second season that they have a winning season not? When they were in Region 1 a couple of years ago it didn't seem like they were ever going to be in the playoffs, no offense. But Region 1 was stacked those years and haven't really slowed down in the past 2 years and the question that's really been on my mind is, Do you think Shiloh would still have such a good record if they were still in Region 1 instead of the move to Region 4?
Flanker23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby imperials » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:13 pm

I would have to say no
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Vike » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:41 am

You are probably right, Shiloh's record would most likely be different this year if they hadn't changed Regions. The expectations this year were very low since a lot of good players graduated and they are so young. I look forward to seeing how they stack up to the other Regions in the playoffs the next few years. The Sophmore and Freshmen classes are loaded in talent right now, so we will have to see how well they develop into football players. Most of these boys are far better basketball and baseball players than they are football players. So things will depend on how much effort they put into getting better at football.
Vike
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:17 am

they would be a playoff team in region 1 IMO
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:39 am

The Schwab wrote:they would be a playoff team in region 1 IMO

Hard to say but I just can't wrap my head around Shiloh being better than 3 of the following teams in Region 1, which they would need to be to make the playoffs this year.

Wyndmere Lidgerwood
South Border
Hankinson
Richland
Napoleon
Lamoure (w Shockman back)
Sargent Central
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man