2012 Region 2

The teams in 9 Man

2012 Region 2

Postby kiper » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:09 pm

What do we got for Region 2 this year? players returning?
kiper
NDPreps Reserve

Re: 2012 Region 2

Postby Flip » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Cavalier big favorite in region 2 IMO.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:14 pm

Cavalier 48 North Border 18. Game was called due to lightning with 11:38 left in the 4th qtr. Both teams struggled in the begining, things started to come together for Cav and really were playing some good defense. NB is young like Cavalier, but will be a force come the end of the season. Region 2 will have some good football this season again.
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:48 pm

duckhunter wrote:HCV ran up the score quickly on Thompson.... The burros have some good size and are very athletic... Burros also had two long TD runs by Proznick called back on penaltys.... Thompson had some nice plays... It the burros were clearly the better team...

I watched the first half of this game. Hillsboro had 5 possessions and 5 TDs. In all likelihood they'll make the playoffs, but I think they're going have a tough time stopping physical teams. If someone put a gun to my head, I'd say they're probably 3 in the region behind Cavalier and Lakota.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby roy hinkley » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:25 am

Difficult to tell by the first game of the season how well a team is going to be? But need to agree HCV will be a very good team. Jack Breen and the rest of the line should become a force on offense keeping the pressure off of Dufner and opening up holes for those quick backs. Schildberger looked very good catching the ball also.
roy hinkley
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:23 pm

After week 3, here is a prediction for the final standings in the region:

Cavalier - 7-0
NRS - 6-1
HCV - 5-2
FSHP - 4-3
LAE - 3-4
NB - 2-5
Thompson - 1-6
DP - 0-7

I'd love to be wrong on some of these, but this is how I think it will shake out.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:01 am

Hinsa wrote:After week 3, here is a prediction for the final standings in the region:

Cavalier - 7-0
NRS - 6-1
HCV - 5-2
FSHP - 4-3
LAE - 3-4
NB - 2-5
Thompson - 1-6
DP - 0-7

I'd love to be wrong on some of these, but this is how I think it will shake out.

Oh they could shake out differently......but with NRS loosing to Cavalier in New Rockford this Friday (according to your prediction) what do you think the score will be??.. :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:17 pm

Cavalier 28, NRS 20
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:14 am

Should be a good one...I hope Cavalier is put to the test
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Can't believe NRS beat Cav. Not that NRS is bad I just thought Cav was the dominant team in the region.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Hinsa wrote:Can't believe NRS beat Cav. Not that NRS is bad I just thought Cav was the dominant team in the region.

Not shocking to me
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:53 pm

What did NRS do to rack up that many points against Cav? Power running? Speed? Throwing?
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Its not that NRS did anything special! It what Cavalier did to themselves! 3 td's called back due to dumb penalties, lack of tackling, poor execusion, lack luster play ect ect... They came out playing like it was no big deal, we got this. Then they found themselves in a shoot out. Cavalier actually did score a td in ot, I was standing at the goal line, the ref was at the 5 yd line, (when he should have been at the goal line, then as he walks up to Chrest who is laying half in the end zone and says " I think your knees were down 1st!) Not an excuse, Cavalier came out on the flat feet, and got shown, that someone who wants it more, can win it! I don't want to take anything away from NRS, they came out to play, but if Cavalier tries to come out that way again, the season will end without playoffs! I am willing to bet that Coach Laxdal and staff, will address these issues this week, and hopefully they come out and play their football against Hope/ page Finley.
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:57 pm

I didn't see the game, but not coming out with the right intensity or focus happens to professional athletes so I'm never that surprised when it happens to HS athletes. If you're playing on the road it is much more likely that you'll come out flatfooted.

I still think Cavalier is the best team in the region, but the road through the playoffs will be tougher now that they'll likely have to play a road game or two.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:05 am

Which really bites when there are only 4 home games for the season....Brand New Facility that is so much fun to watch from.... :cry:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby wb fan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:20 pm

winner-within wrote:Which really bites when there are only 4 home games for the season....Brand New Facility that is so much fun to watch from.... :cry:

Probably an all right place to be if you're a cavalier fan but from the opposing team fan perspective...not so much.
wb fan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby winner-within » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:18 pm

wb fan wrote:
winner-within wrote:Which really bites when there are only 4 home games for the season....Brand New Facility that is so much fun to watch from.... :cry:

Probably an all right place to be if you're a cavalier fan but from the opposing team fan perspective...not so much.

Its an awesome place to Play.........and the opposing fans have all kinds of room and good seating.......An excellent Concession Stand.......very clean Washrooms...

The more home games the better!!!
JMO... :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby wb fan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:46 pm

winner-within wrote:
wb fan wrote:

Its an awesome place to Play.........and the opposing fans have all kinds of room and good seating.......An excellent Concession Stand.......very clean Washrooms...

The more home games the better!!!
JMO... :)

Winner - I agree - it is a beautiful facility...top notch. It's just that if you want to be on the same side as your team - you're left standing a long way away from the field. Put up a couple of smaller bleacher sections on the opposite side of the grandstand - and you're in business! Sorry - I guess I'm small town - and like to get up behind the team to help cheer them on!!!
wb fan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby winner-within » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:56 pm

totally agree....they need to open up the track over there and have a portable bleacher to roll in for game nights......!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:50 pm

This had nothing to do with Region 2 in particular, but the subject of bleachers was brought up, so I'm going to spit out my 2 cents worth.

Bleachers at small town high school games are the worst thing that ever happened to the atmosphere of high school football. Now people sit on their hands in the bleachers and very few do much cheering. Fans used to have to stand along a rope on the sideline almost on top of the action and the cheering and noise were awesome!

The second worst thing is to have a track around the field with the bleachers behind that. Now not only are the fans sitting on their hands, they are a mile away from the action. Talk about a buzz kill!

Does anyone else feel that way?
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:15 pm

Hinsa wrote:This had nothing to do with Region 2 in particular, but the subject of bleachers was brought up, so I'm going to spit out my 2 cents worth.

Bleachers at small town high school games are the worst thing that ever happened to the atmosphere of high school football. Now people sit on their hands in the bleachers and very few do much cheering. Fans used to have to stand along a rope on the sideline almost on top of the action and the cheering and noise were awesome!

The second worst thing is to have a track around the field with the bleachers behind that. Now not only are the fans sitting on their hands, they are a mile away from the action. Talk about a buzz kill!

Does anyone else feel that way?

I feel that way.......... I'm in the stands at home games (sitting or standing) Because its a real nice sitting situation and I walk (stand) at Away, always!
as far as Cheering and Buzz .....they could put me 2 blocks away and still here me
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:13 pm

LOL Winner! We should have a contest to see who has the loudest foghorn.

I wish more people would get into the game like you.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:25 pm

I couldn"t agree more with your statements Hinsa! Having a track around the field does take away alot from games, I remember when I played having home town fans ALL around the football field, cheering, yelling right in your ear! As a player that was awesome to have it that loud right next to you! Football used to be so huge in certain towns, that even at home games we had more people from home on the opposite side of the field, then the visitor did! As far as the staement of adding bleachers, winner forgot to mention that there has been bleachers added to the visitors side, but yes, they are on the outside of the track. I wish they could make a track that wouldn't tear up if people stand on it, and possible twist their feet on the surface. I guess we need to get belting from someone and cover the track, then we could allow people back on it.
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:45 pm

Not only do I not like bleachers, I got ticked when they started to put the roap up around the field. I remember the days when the fans were allowed to stand on the sidelines. It was great for not only the fans, but the players as well. The "Stripes" likely did not feel the same.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:25 am

Back to Region 2

-Does NR-S win out
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to 9 - Man