Shrine Game Winner?

The teams in 9 Man

Shrine Game Winner?

Postby TouchdownPack » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:33 pm

Just a fun little topic i would start. Since we know who is all in the Shrine game and stuff who do you think is going to win it?
i wanna get the Predictions by saying that the West will win but just a guess of mine. :lol: :D :) 8)
TouchdownPack
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Shrine Game Winner?

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:06 pm

I will take the East. Their offense is going to be ridiculious. With Bell, Theilges, Arp, Hartz, Otto and the Napoleon fellas; I don't see it being stopped. This is going to be a fun game to watch. I think the East's QB situation is going to be very interesting. They have a lot of good QBs on the roster. I'm hoping Bell splits time with Jonah
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby TouchdownPack » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:25 am

EAST!!! i meant East i didnt look at it before i sent it. But ya the East i think is just going to be to talented to stop.
TouchdownPack
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Jenkman » Wed May 30, 2012 5:00 pm

East 48-West 22
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby defensewinsgames » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:28 pm

East 44 - West 20
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Looking at the rosters and depth charts for Each side, I have to go with East in a shoot out.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby mediaball » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:58 am

Anyone else surprised by the outcome of the 9-man game? I was unable to attend the game and the lack of media coverage by the big papers left much to be desired. Sounds like the west came out a little salty and gave the east a run for their money?
mediaball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:01 am

Yes I was surprised but honestly west deserved to win that game. The east did not take care of the ball at all. They had a couple fumbles, multiple interceptions, and that muffed punt (that thy got lucky on). They also had multiple dropped balls, some easy ones. If Wests offense would have capitalized more they should have won by at least 2 scores.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby mediaball » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:13 am

Who did the west have for quarterbacks? Haugen from North Star was coaching correct? I've seen his teams play and he puts together a mean passing attack, I'm assuming he didn't have a strong throwing arm to work with. Kudos to him for working with what he had and motivating the boys to play hard.
mediaball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Thought it was a fun game to watch. Was really impressed with how the defense on both sides played. Some real good open field tackling for an All-star game. IMO, it is tough to prepare high powered offenses in a few days of practice. Route running, pass/catch timing, etc. takes time to learn. Genereally the speedsters will excel in these games. All in all an entertaining game and well played and coached on both sides.

I do have a question. There were a number of calls that I didn't understand. One was a personal foul call. Marked as a 10 yard penalty from the spot of the foul and didn't result in a first down. Believe it was a late hit on the QB or roughing the passer. Always thought that was a 15 yard penalty from the line of scrimmage. I know they do have some rule changes for all-star games and maybe that is one of them.

For the people attending, how did you like the outside atmosphere vs. the dome games?

Also, thanks to the Shriners for making these games happen. Was a great turnout and a lot of fun.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:28 pm

I think the kid from Minnesota who played for the east had the best performance at QB. I like the dome better. It feels like more of an honor, because it's something different for these kids. Unless they play in a state championship game most of these kids will never play a game in a dome. It's a great experience any good athlete should have.

I was a little disappointed the West didn't throw more. They had some success when they did but the East through quite a bit more. Or at least it seeme that way, I don't have or haven't seen the stats so I could be wrong. Maybe it was lack of an arm though.

Overall it was a good game to watch, even with the heat it was fun. Pretty good atmosphere and Shanley has a beautiful field.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Return to 9 - Man