All State Team

The teams in 9 Man

All State Team

Postby DCFan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:48 pm

9-man all-state team

First team offense

Quarterback: Jonah Schwartzenberger, sr., Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter. Jake Hagler, jr., North Star. Adam Bell, sr., Wyndmere-Lidgerwood.

Running backs: Blake Bosch, jr., South Border. Andreas Holm, sr., Divide County.

Receivers: Chad Mosbrucker, sr., Mott-Regent. Daniel Grande, jr., North Star. Justin Arp, sr., Sargent Central.

Linemen: Andrew Beine, jr., Napoleon-GS. Hayden Larson, jr., North Star. Zach Stemen, sr., LaMoure-Litchville-Marion.

First team defense

Backs: Ryan Chrest, soph., Cavalier. Brandon Otto, sr., Hillsboro. Darren Young, sr., Benson County. Luis Vasquez, jr., Wyndmere-Lidgerwood.

Linebackers: Wade Rath-Wald, sr., Napoleon-GS. Tanner Vesledahl, sr., Mott-Regent. Garret Fraser, sr., North Border.

Linemen: Tucker Fylling, sr., Central McLean. Spencer Robbins, jr., Cavalier. Jeff Illies, jr., Wyndmere-Lidgerwood.

Second team

(No positions designated)

McCahen Schweitzer, sr., Mott-Regent. Steven Weigel, jr., Napoleon-GS. Dillon Aldinger, sr., and Nick Lee, sr., Central McLean. Kilen Flanagan, sr., Drayton-Valley-Edinburg. Luke Sharp, sr., and Alex Hartz, sr., Cavalier. Brett Schurman, sr., North Border. Ethan Sager, sr., North Star. Brady Stoll, jr., Benson County. Kirk Degenstein, sr., Matt Ellingson, sr., and Adam Undlin, jr., Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood. Reid Pfau, sr., TGU. Josh Edmonson, jr., New Rockford-Sheyenne. Brady Thielges, soph., and Casey Sailer, LaMoure-LM. Jamison Jangula, sr., Edgeley-Kulm. Kayne Griffith, soph., Richland. Trevor Binde, sr., Morgan Jacobs, sr., and Isaac Jacobs, soph., Divide County

Read more: http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/high- ... z1eP0uSdgc
DCFan
NDPreps Starter

Re: All State Team

Postby witherspoon » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:22 pm

Congratulations to all recipients...a great honor!!!
witherspoon
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:45 pm

Congrats to all!
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:47 pm

I think there is one big name missing from this team (rushed for roughly 1800 yards this past season).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby dyhardballa09 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:57 pm

Thats what I was thinking....Tough to pass that up. Even though McClintock was on a losing team and only a sophomore....no one came close to his average yards/game this year.
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:49 pm

Yeah it's tough to not be on there with stats like that, but there was only one sophomore in the entire state that made it. Just tough to get on period as a sophomore, especially on a team that didn't contend much. I'm thinking if he was a senior on the same team with those same stats, he gets voted on.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:54 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Yeah it's tough to not be on there with stats like that, but there was only one sophomore in the entire state that made it. Just tough to get on period as a sophomore, especially on a team that didn't contend much. I'm thinking if he was a senior on the same team with those same stats, he gets voted on.

IMO McClintock deserved to be on there over Griffith.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby footballchicken » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:57 pm

I agree, mcclintock got snubbed - you can't argue those numbers.

Someone missed the boat on this kid - did his coach not nominate him,? did his coach attend the state meeting? Did his region voting reps (playoff teams I believe) not vote for him?
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:29 pm

Anyone with those kind of stats no matter what grade they are in should get on
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:09 am

But the thing is with him, he never got any publicity. If it wasn't for this site, I would have never heard of the kid and I watched BC play TriCounty. He never stuck out in that game and they never game planned to specifically stop him. So I'm sure most of the coaches voting outside of Region 3 probably never heard of him either. Publicity goes a long way in making all state teams in every sport. It usually not always the kids that have the best seasons that get on there, its the kids you hear most about in the media.

I'm sure the coach nominated him and I'm sure all the coaches from region 3 that were there voted for him. Problem is, I doubt all the coaches were there.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Spin2Win » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Congrats to all the all- state Selections

But there is a few kids missing on the list. Im not sure I agree on how the all state team is selected, I think the second team should also be split up by postions also. There are kids that made first team defense that prob should of been second team offense and the only reason they are on the first team defense is beacuse there were three people better at there spot on offense. Which in return took away a spot on the defense side that prob could of been awarded to a different kid that had better defensive numbers. I think there should be three spots per postion for the first team and two or three spots per postion for second team.
Spin2Win
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cardinal10 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 pm

All State is All State. Ask a kid if they care if they made it at RB or DB. 99% would say they are happy they made it.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:57 pm

Its definitely political (what isn't) and only the strong, studious, high profiled... prevail!!.....

truth is though, they're all Studs on top of it!!.. :) congrats!!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby footballchicken » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:14 pm

If it is a WR/QB heavy year, then a kid left out is going to get put on 1st team defense, because he deserves it........(Illies, Vasquez - Wyndmere)

Are those 2 the best DL and LB's in the state, who knows, but they are dang good - but the fact that they are 2 of the best players in the state period, holds alot of weight when it comes to voting 1st teamers.

However i do agree with you in some way....1st team offense and 1st team Defense should be wrapped into one and called 1st team All State - thats it. Because it's easy to see that the high profile guys get 1st team Offense, while the best of the rest get 1st team Defense by default.

Offense will always be king
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassALegend » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:05 pm

Did Tyler Theigles get hurt or something? I didnt see him on the list, and I thought I heard he was supposed to be a big stud.
ClassALegend
NDPreps Reserve

Postby YMCMB » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:46 pm

ClassALegend wrote:Did Tyler Theigles get hurt or something? I didnt see him on the list, and I thought I heard he was supposed to be a big stud.

I was wondering the same thing cuz his brother made it and Tyler is a really good athlete so it surprised me that he wasn't on there
YMCMB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:01 pm

I saw him play one game and thought he was a decent passer, but I'd like to see his rushing stats because Lamoure ran some designed runs for him and I thought he looked slow.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:17 pm

I honestly believe he was the 4th or 5th best QB in that region. WL, NGS, South Border all had better QBs: IMO. And I might even put Hankinson above him to
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby cuzimawesome » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:05 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:I honestly believe he was the 4th or 5th best QB in that region. WL, NGS, South Border all had better QBs: IMO. And I might even put Hankinson above him to

The rason Tyler didnt stand out was becasue he had no recivers.. Swchwartzenberger had 3 i think, Bell had Illies and Vasquez. The other two IMO couldnt touch Tyler. Tyler had no one to throw to, so LaMoure had to run the ball all the time. The reason Brady made it on the second team and becasue Brady thielges is one of the best athletes in the State as a soph. tyler is more of an 11-man quarterback. All of the other quarterbacks in the region were runningbacks at the QB spot. Tyler was a true QB at the QB spot. and probably the only one who could be sucsessful at the QB spot (if he chooses to play in College). Tyler has the best Throwing mechanics and he is a better Pocket Passer and he is a the best decision maker. and IMO he is a better more emotional leader on the practice and game field
cuzimawesome
NDPreps Reserve

Postby footballchicken » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:37 pm

IMO - disagree with everything you said (except when you said Bell had Illies and Vazquez)
receivers or not, he is not the best mechanically or anywhere near a college QB. Bell was hands down the best QB, yes great receievers but he could throw a great ball.

IMO- if theilges is so great, you think Lamoure would of found a way to throw -
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby cuzimawesome » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

footballchicken wrote:IMO - disagree with everything you said (except when you said Bell had Illies and Vazquez)
receivers or not, he is not the best mechanically or anywhere near a college QB. Bell was hands down the best QB, yes great receievers but he could throw a great ball.

IMO- if theilges is so great, you think Lamoure would of found a way to throw -

Yes but throw to who? Mickeljohn? they had no recievers. i'm guessing u couldnt read that part. All bell had to do was throw the ball up and have Vazquez and Illies go get it. If the two quarterbacks were switched and Thielges was with W/L and Bell with LaMoure you would be saying that Tyler is a better QB. Illies and Vasquez made Bell look good.
cuzimawesome
NDPreps Reserve

Postby footballchicken » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:44 pm

Nope
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby cuzimawesome » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:33 pm

footballchicken wrote:Nope

Hahaha o footballchicken u make me laugh with how little you know :D :lol: :D :lol:
cuzimawesome
NDPreps Reserve

Postby footballchicken » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:10 pm

...you win, you always do
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby defensewinsgames » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:27 am

You have to be kidding! There is no way Theilges is a better QB than Bell. I don't care if you have all the WR talent in the world that doesn't mean you make good throws and Bell did all year! Bell isn't a a RB like u put it he has th best arm in the region, the best mechanics, and the best vision! That's why he is first team all state QB
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to 9 - Man