Championship post game thread

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:39 pm

ILoveBaseball21 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
AF PN wrote:It's too bad Jonah is only 5'8". He could play somewhere if it wasn't for his height.

No he couldn't. Don't get too caught up in the 9-man world. He has no pocket presence, not a very strong arm, and a slow looping throwing motion that looks bad.

Hagler on the other hand, had a nice whip on his throwing motion. He thows on the run remarkably well. Only knock I have on him (but a big one if evaluating for college) is that he can't stand in the pocket and throw. He is totally uncomfortable doing it. I saw him do it maybe 5 times all game. He started to towards the end only because he was cramping and couldn't run. All his running around won't work in college. It wouldn't even work if he played AA. The extra people on the field would hurt him, plus in higher levels there are long, rangy d-ends that would chase him down.

So you are saying no quarterback is perfect and 9-man football quarterbacks are a joke.

You're right no quarterback is perfect. I said he was good, but added the only knock I had on him. Just because someone is good doesn't mean they can't ever have a weakness pointed out.
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2220
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:21 pm

Indy I understand what your getting at and I don't disagree but that doesn't make them any worse of a QB. Just because they were put in a 9 man league doesn't mean they can't go on to be just as good if not better than 11 man athletes. I would challenge anyone to find someone at the QB position in North Dakota that is a purer athlete than Hagler.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby d_fense » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:55 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:Indy I understand what your getting at and I don't disagree but that doesn't make them any worse of a QB. Just because they were put in a 9 man league doesn't mean they can't go on to be just as good if not better than 11 man athletes. I would challenge anyone to find someone at the QB position in North Dakota that is a purer athlete than Hagler.


Josh Hansana
d_fense
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:13 am
Location: Small town eastern ND

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:16 am

d_fense wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:Indy I understand what your getting at and I don't disagree but that doesn't make them any worse of a QB. Just because they were put in a 9 man league doesn't mean they can't go on to be just as good if not better than 11 man athletes. I would challenge anyone to find someone at the QB position in North Dakota that is a purer athlete than Hagler.


Josh Hansana


I completly agree with that! But I don't think he is any better of a QB just because he plays 11 man. They are both 2 great QBs with excellent futures. Both true athletes.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby Indy5 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:19 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:Indy I understand what your getting at and I don't disagree but that doesn't make them any worse of a QB. Just because they were put in a 9 man league doesn't mean they can't go on to be just as good if not better than 11 man athletes. I would challenge anyone to find someone at the QB position in North Dakota that is a purer athlete than Hagler.

Hagler is good. I never said he couldn't be good at higher levels. I said his scrambling wouldn't work as well and he'd need to be more of a pocket passer.

Schwartzenberger I'm not sold on, especially if we're talking about college. I already said all the things that he doesn't do well and they add up. Another thing I noticed was he'd take the snap and look right at the rush, rather than looking downfield.
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2220
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby The Schwab » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:04 pm

Jacob Hagler is the purest athlete in Class B north dakota (might be in all of ND but I don't know much on the class A kids) period. The reason he was scrambling in the title game is his line was blown off the ball on almost every play.
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2902
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby Indy5 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:49 pm

The Schwab wrote:Jacob Hagler is the purest athlete in Class B north dakota (might be in all of ND but I don't know much on the class A kids) period. The reason he was scrambling in the title game is his line was blown off the ball on almost every play.

I agree that his line did a terrible job of blocking, but i just felt there were a few times where he got scramble happy and took off when there was no need. But yes, he is a great athlete and throws on the run better than any other high school kid I've seen.
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2220
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:56 pm

If your constantly getting hit by 2 huge kids for most of the game, you would start thinking people were coming even if they weren't to. After a while you start losing confidence in your line, it happens to every high school QB. Of course he made mistakes but every one does, with the right coaching that will be taken care of. My guess would be that come next season his coach will be working on it.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby cuzimawesome » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:00 pm

The Schwab wrote:Jacob Hagler is the purest athlete in Class B north dakota (might be in all of ND but I don't know much on the class A kids) period. The reason he was scrambling in the title game is his line was blown off the ball on almost every play.

I disagree with the statement that he is the purest athlete in class B North Dakota. Josh Honsana is on the same level as Hagler.
cuzimawesome
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:13 pm

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby d_fense » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:47 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:
d_fense wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:Indy I understand what your getting at and I don't disagree but that doesn't make them any worse of a QB. Just because they were put in a 9 man league doesn't mean they can't go on to be just as good if not better than 11 man athletes. I would challenge anyone to find someone at the QB position in North Dakota that is a purer athlete than Hagler.


Josh Hansana


I completly agree with that! But I don't think he is any better of a QB just because he plays 11 man. They are both 2 great QBs with excellent futures. Both true athletes.


Josh isn't a better QB because he plays 11 man. Josh is just a better QB. IMO he would have been not only the best throwing QB in nine man, but the best runner as well. This in no way implies that Hagler isn't a very good QB. As they say in "Highlander", "There can only be one."
d_fense
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:13 am
Location: Small town eastern ND

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:42 pm

haha great reference. I'm gonna agree with you on this one and quit arguing just based on the excellent use of a classic movie reference. Very nice, that is probably my favorite post ever.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby panthercub » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:28 pm

Jake has been to the State Class B Basketball Tourney twice, as an eigth grader they took 7th, and we all know what happened last year. He led his football team in the best 9-Man ND State Championship game ever, falling a little short to a better team. What has Hansana acheieved? (just curious)
User avatar
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:33 pm

panthercub wrote:Jake has been to the State Class B Basketball Tourney twice, as an eigth grader they took 7th, and we all know what happened last year. He led his football team in the best 9-Man ND State Championship game ever, falling a little short to a better team. What has Hansana acheieved? (just curious)


He was the state runner-up at Class A state football last year (lost to Velva) and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but was he on their basketball team as a freshman when North Sargent got 4th and defeated North Star in the first round?
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10363
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:43 pm

I don't think you can base it on that. That's more a result of circumstances, Josh doesn't have another all state player on his basketball team, he also doesn't have one of the best players in the state on his football team like Hagler does. They are both amazing athletes and trying to decide which one is better based on team acheivements isn't fair to either of them.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby panthercub » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:49 pm

I remember listening to that game and it sounded like he was everything on that football team. Yes, they did lose to North Sarg.
User avatar
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby panthercub » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Jake Hagler is better!
User avatar
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:39 pm

Indy5 wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:Indy I understand what your getting at and I don't disagree but that doesn't make them any worse of a QB. Just because they were put in a 9 man league doesn't mean they can't go on to be just as good if not better than 11 man athletes. I would challenge anyone to find someone at the QB position in North Dakota that is a purer athlete than Hagler.

Hagler is good. I never said he couldn't be good at higher levels. I said his scrambling wouldn't work as well and he'd need to be more of a pocket passer.

Schwartzenberger I'm not sold on, especially if we're talking about college. I already said all the things that he doesn't do well and they add up. Another thing I noticed was he'd take the snap and look right at the rush, rather than looking downfield.

He would look at the rush right away because he was able to run the ball very effectively on pass plays. Why look downfield when you can run 20 yards every play? It makes sense.
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby defensewinsgames » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:37 am

panthercub wrote:Jake Hagler is better!


Based on? And I agree there isn't much point in risking throwing picks when you can have a guarenteed 20+ yard run
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby panthercub » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:18 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:
panthercub wrote:Jake Hagler is better!


Based on? And I agree there isn't much point in risking throwing picks when you can have a guarenteed 20+ yard run


Everything!
User avatar
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby defensewinsgames » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:56 pm

Ok. That isn't really an argument, I'm not saying I disagree or agree. I just think if your gonna make a statement like that you should make an argument to back it up.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby Flip » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:58 pm

It's the winner-within argument. You don't need facts. Everyone should believe you based on your posting history.
User avatar
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2874
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:10 am

Haha ya I love that logic. Who needs facts or anything to back up your arguments! Just make broad generalizations, assumptions, and throw out your opinions and it is as good as fact just cause it comes from certain people. Thanks Flip at least I'm not the only one who thinks that isn't how things should work.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:19 am

Flip wrote:It's the winner-within argument. You don't need facts. Everyone should believe you based on your posting history.


Where are the facts when someone claims "Who Better???".....when I said Brady was better than P. Manning....you threw out so called "Flip facts" ....and Brady still is Better!!!

I'd rather get em in the same Gym or field and let them go at it ....against each other.....then the truthcanbetolled :wink:
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4056
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby Flip » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:19 am

winner-within wrote:Where are the facts when someone claims "Who Better???"

You could make a case that this QB does this or that better. Instead he chose just to say he is better. Makes a better argument when you try to back it up with something.
User avatar
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2874
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Championship post game thread

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:39 am

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:Where are the facts when someone claims "Who Better???"

You could make a case that this QB does this or that better. Instead he chose just to say he is better. Makes a better argument when you try to back it up with something.


Yea you've never said someone was Better and lefty it as that!... :roll:
Considering Hag has another year left in High School at that position (cold hard fact)
I'd say hes right!
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4056
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron