9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

The teams in 9 Man

9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:14 pm

Thoughts?
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10480
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby Duckfan » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:52 pm

DC by 14+
Duckfan
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby panthercub » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:10 pm

Its going to be a very physical grind it out game. North Star's defense continues to improve and proves to be solid in the redzone. I am hearing a lot about the physical play of DC and people saying they don't let up. I would have to assume this to be true of all teams left. I think NS will advance.
User avatar
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby panthercub » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:16 pm

The big nose guard Blake for NS played half the game with a broken wrist! Blake, Larson, Hunt and Reider are BIG tough kids on the line for NS that dont wear-down.
User avatar
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby Flip » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:37 pm

NS beats CM at home by a 2 point conversion, DC beats CM on the road by 5 TDs.
Hard for me to believe NS can pull this off.

edit: fixed teams
Last edited by Flip on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2892
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Flip wrote:NS beats CM at home by a 2 point conversion, DC beats CM on the road by 5 TDs.
Hard for me to believe CM can pull this off.


It'd be hard for CM to pull anything off since they aren't in the playoffs anymore.

I think you meant to say NS. :wink:
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10480
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby Xfactor » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:00 pm

Does anyone know if this game will be on BEK Sports?
Xfactor
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:41 am

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby jimthometwins » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:16 pm

DC 44 NS 24
jimthometwins
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:36 am

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby panthercub » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Flip, it is the playoffs, anything can happen! Pretty sure NS and CM are two totally different teams. :wink:
User avatar
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby yadot » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:22 pm

if you go by comparing scores like flip did I see it like this: Benson county beat northstar by 10, central mclean beat benson county by 25. Thus, Central Mclean will beat northstar by 35..... Oh wait, maybe not.
yadot
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby Flip » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:31 pm

panthercub wrote:Flip, it is the playoffs, anything can happen! Pretty sure NS and CM are two totally different teams. :wink:

I'm not saying NS won't win, I just find it unlikely to happen.
User avatar
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2892
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby winner-within » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:46 pm

And after conferring with my bud from the Northwest Corner of the State and getting the lowdown on DC.....it sounds like they could derail the contender or defending champs from the unmatched lower southeast (it isnt over till its over, I'm just thinking out loud)....might not spell the toughest region (if DC prevails in the dome) but last time I checked there is no Brass for toughest Region.
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4063
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby defense1st » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:20 pm

winner-within wrote:And after conferring with my bud from the Northwest Corner of the State and getting the lowdown on DC.....it sounds like they could derail the contender or defending champs from the unmatched lower southeast (it isnt over till its over, I'm just thinking out loud)....might not spell the toughest region (if DC prevails in the dome) but last time I checked there is no Brass for toughest Region.

Enough about the toughest region wrap. It's getting real old real fast. That wasn't even being conversed about in this thread.
defense1st
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:07 pm

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby winner-within » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:35 pm

defense1st wrote:
winner-within wrote:And after conferring with my bud from the Northwest Corner of the State and getting the lowdown on DC.....it sounds like they could derail the contender or defending champs from the unmatched lower southeast (it isnt over till its over, I'm just thinking out loud)....might not spell the toughest region (if DC prevails in the dome) but last time I checked there is no Brass for toughest Region.

Enough about the toughest region wrap. It's getting real old real fast. That wasn't even being conversed about in this thread.


Yea it was, NS is in the toughest Region in Basketball and has been for the last 2 years....where have you been....so now your going to say this is football not basketball...fair enough! Sorry

on this forum there are the Stats guru's, smack talkers, instigators, mods and a Governor....Have you ever driven a Vehicle with a Governor?.....Who was your Favorite Governor?
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4063
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby justplayalready » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:11 am

winner-within wrote:
defense1st wrote:
winner-within wrote:And after conferring with my bud from the Northwest Corner of the State and getting the lowdown on DC.....it sounds like they could derail the contender or defending champs from the unmatched lower southeast (it isnt over till its over, I'm just thinking out loud)....might not spell the toughest region (if DC prevails in the dome) but last time I checked there is no Brass for toughest Region.

Enough about the toughest region wrap. It's getting real old real fast. That wasn't even being conversed about in this thread.


Yea it was, NS is in the toughest Region in Basketball and has been for the last 2 years....where have you been....so now your going to say this is football not basketball...fair enough! Sorry

on this forum there are the Stats guru's, smack talkers, instigators, mods and a Governor....Have you ever driven a Vehicle with a Governor?.....Who was your Favorite Governor?



Region 4 had the only remaining unbeaten in BB last year...Region 4 has the only remaining unbeaten in FB this year...Good enough logic for me!
This signature has been removed as dithyramb to winner-within
User avatar
justplayalready
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:05 am

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby The Schwab » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:18 am

justplayalready wrote:
winner-within wrote:
defense1st wrote:
winner-within wrote:And after conferring with my bud from the Northwest Corner of the State and getting the lowdown on DC.....it sounds like they could derail the contender or defending champs from the unmatched lower southeast (it isnt over till its over, I'm just thinking out loud)....might not spell the toughest region (if DC prevails in the dome) but last time I checked there is no Brass for toughest Region.

Enough about the toughest region wrap. It's getting real old real fast. That wasn't even being conversed about in this thread.


Yea it was, NS is in the toughest Region in Basketball and has been for the last 2 years....where have you been....so now your going to say this is football not basketball...fair enough! Sorry

on this forum there are the Stats guru's, smack talkers, instigators, mods and a Governor....Have you ever driven a Vehicle with a Governor?.....Who was your Favorite Governor?



Region 4 had the only remaining unbeaten in BB last year...Region 4 has the only remaining unbeaten in FB this year...Good enough logic for me!


Pretty good logic, except for the fact that they don't have the same schools in them ;)
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2912
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby bballchick » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:49 am

The Schwab wrote:
justplayalready wrote:
winner-within wrote:
defense1st wrote:
winner-within wrote:And after conferring with my bud from the Northwest Corner of the State and getting the lowdown on DC.....it sounds like they could derail the contender or defending champs from the unmatched lower southeast (it isnt over till its over, I'm just thinking out loud)....might not spell the toughest region (if DC prevails in the dome) but last time I checked there is no Brass for toughest Region.

Enough about the toughest region wrap. It's getting real old real fast. That wasn't even being conversed about in this thread.


Yea it was, NS is in the toughest Region in Basketball and has been for the last 2 years....where have you been....so now your going to say this is football not basketball...fair enough! Sorry

on this forum there are the Stats guru's, smack talkers, instigators, mods and a Governor....Have you ever driven a Vehicle with a Governor?.....Who was your Favorite Governor?



Region 4 had the only remaining unbeaten in BB last year...Region 4 has the only remaining unbeaten in FB this year...Good enough logic for me!


Pretty good logic, except for the fact that they don't have the same schools in them ;)



I think justplayalready was being facetious. He is making fun of everyone else's logic.
bballchick
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby The Schwab » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:47 am

i'm well aware of that
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2912
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:22 am

I am admittedly a North Star Bearcat homer. Personally think this game is going to be close if the weather cooperates. Without a doubt, high winds or snow would give a bigger running team an edge. What I have heard from the west on DC is they can run the option as good as anybody, aka, St. John of a few years back. DC will probably have a size advantage. North Star has been use to that for years. This year's team is different though. They have some nice size and they have speed at skill positions. What I wonder about is DC's speed. Hear they have at least one burner. QB that makes the right decisions and must have some good depth. I am a big believer in depth when it comes to this time of the year. North Star has nice depth this year and that proved out in the CM game. Great second half of smash mouth football, bend but don't break defenses.
IMO, North Star will need to come and dictate the pace of the game early. Need some early stops to set the tone and maybe a couple of big plays to make DC play catch up. Ground and pound works great when you are in the lead, but sometimes will cause a team to press when playing catch up, which leads to mental errors. If NS can put them in long 3rd down situations without a tested passing game (which is only what I have heard) I believe NS will advance. Looking for the Seniors for North Star to really shine on Saturday and we pull out a close one.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:47 am

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby bballchick » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:23 am

The Schwab wrote:i'm well aware of that


Sorry, his sarcasm was a bit more obvious . . . .
bballchick
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby Maddawg34 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:25 pm

dc wins without a problem..i love ns but theres no way they win
Maddawg34
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:24 pm

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby nordstde » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:24 pm

The only thing I've heard about North Star to this point is that they have very good athletes. Basketball players on the football field is what I've been told. Most people's instant reaction to that would be negative, but I disagree. I don't care what kind of kids North Star put's on the FOOTBALL field, they are in the Semifinals for a reason.

With that said, Divide County is the biggest, most physical 9-Man team I've seen in a long time. On offense, their three interior lineman are all studs. Unless North Star has 3-4 quality interior D lineman, they will not be able to handle DC's running game. North Star will find out early that it doesn't pay to try to take away the inside or outside run game. They should instead try to rely on sound tackling and forcing 3rd and long's. DC's quarterback is very capable passer, but he just hasn't had to make high pressure throw's very often. If they can force him to make those throw's, they will likely remain in the game. Divide County can run at you from all angles.

They will feature 5 runners, and all have very different styles. Their QB, Knudson, is very swift and smart when carrying the ball. Their FB, Wiggington, is a 190 lb bruiser. Simonson and Issac Jacobs are the tailbacks. Simonson is more of a one cut and go type back, and he is harder to bring down than you would think by looking at him. Jacobs is agile, quick and powerful. Their main offensive threat is Holm. He is 6'4"ish and 190lbs. They have 4 or 5 running plays they like to run with him. And he is a nightmare matchup when running patterns. He is straight line fast and unless your best tackler is going after him, you will not take him down with one guy.

Unless DC turns the ball over 3 plus times, they will dictate the pace of this game. North Star will have to be at their very best to stay in this one. NS must maintain possession of the football and try to turn in some big plays, otherwise their Defense will be worn down by the 3rd quarter, I can promise you that part.

I cannot wait to watch this game and here is my prediction: Divide County 38 North Star 32
User avatar
nordstde
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:48 pm
Location: Fargo, , North Dakota USA

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby panthercub » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:27 pm

Every team left has a few Bball players starting on their football team so I think that talk can be laid to rest! North Star has not and do not get wore down so that can also be laid to rest. To beat DC they need to control the line of scrimmage and come up with a few turnovers at key points in the games. They also need to limit the dropped passes and play agressive from the get go. MR went toe to toe in the first half with DC and they were missing three starters. DC can be beat but NS will need to play nearly perfect. NS will squeak out another hard fought game.
User avatar
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby panthercub » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:47 pm

I also just noticed NS has aloowed the least points in the state and have scored the 3rd most points of the remaining 4 teams. They could have easily had another 40+ points scored as the 1 victory was a forfeit (no disrespect). DC has allowed the 2nd least points and have scored the most. Its going to be a good one!
User avatar
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: Divide County @ North Star

Postby MNTwinsFan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:32 am

I'll say Divide County by 3 td's!
MNTwinsFan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:28 pm

Next

Return to 9 - Man

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests