NDPreps Starter

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: W-L @ Napoleon-GS

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:21 pm

INTERCEPTION N-GS
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby The Schwab » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:25 pm

footballchicken wrote:how about the fumbled punt by WL, but the refs made them replay down because they didnt know what happened??????

Wow is all I can say about that call, I'm glad it didn't play much of a factor in the final. I will let someone else give their opinion on it.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:34 pm

The Schwab wrote:
Wow is all I can say about that call, I'm glad it didn't play much of a factor in the final. I will let someone else give their opinion on it.

Radio guys couldn't give an explanation for why this happened. You could hear Napoleon fans (maybe coaches) in the booth basically saying that it was the worst possible scenario for themselves. Best case: Napoleon gets the ball, next: WL keeps the ball, but deep in their territory, worst: do the whole thing over and give WL a chance at a return.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:57 pm

Napoleon punted, WL guy caught it at around the 5 never really had a good grasp on the ball, never called fair catch, Napoleon guy hit him hard knocking the ball completely out, back judge called him down by contact and spotted it at the 10 yardline which made no sense at all, Kelly really held his cool for napoleon and asked for an explanation. Refs huddled together, some obviously knew the call was blown, but back judge wouldn't come off his ruling so they decided to re-kick which I don't think was a legal option. Many times throughout the game the refs had to conference and one had to explain to another that he is supposed to count down (like in basketball) the last 5 seconds of the play clock.

I would just like to say I was very impressed with the WL following they had, the kids seemed like really good kids and the coaches seemed very good as well. A great game of football, but I have to question the quality of officials for a state semi-final game. Very impressed that Napoleon was able to win with one of their best players playing at about 50 percent.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:46 am

The Schwab wrote:
winner-within wrote:
The Schwab wrote:Way to let your true knowledge show....wow

I've been around Schwabby! university of Life

If that game is a 40 point game in favor of WL I will never ever post on this board again.

Looks like you are safe Schwabby :lol:
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

your lucky it was windy schwab...he he
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby panthercub » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:35 pm

panthercub wrote:NGS 20 WL 14

ESP!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:03 pm

Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter 20 Wyndmere-Lidgerwood 14

WYNDMERE-LIDGERWOOD
RUSHING: Adam Bell 20 carries for 82 yards and 2 TDs; Cameron Frank 3 carries for 22 yards; Luis Vasquez 3 carries for 2 yards.
PASSING: Adam Bell 13-25 for 93 yards (2 INTs); Jeff Illies 0-1 for 0 yards (1 INT).
RECEIVING: Jeff Illies 4 catches for 50 yards; Luis Vasquez 7 catches for 33 yards; Luke Oster 1 catch for 12 yards; Cameron Frank 1 catch for -2 yards.

NAPOLEON-GACKLE-STREETER
RUSHING: Jared Reis 25 carries for 99 yards; Jonah Schwartzenberger 14 carries for 31 yards and 1 TD; Trent Fettig 7 carries for 25 yards; Andrew Beine 1 carry for 1 yard.
PASSING: Jonah Schwartzenberger 3-8 for 50 yards and 1 TD; Trent Fettig 0-1 for 0 yards.
RECEIVING: Trent Fettig 2 catches for 48 yards and 1 TD; Steven Weigel 1 catch for 7 yards.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby imperials » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:46 pm

The Schwab wrote:Napoleon punted, WL guy caught it at around the 5 never really had a good grasp on the ball, never called fair catch, Napoleon guy hit him hard knocking the ball completely out, back judge called him down by contact and spotted it at the 10 yardline which made no sense at all, Kelly really held his cool for napoleon and asked for an explanation. Refs huddled together, some obviously knew the call was blown, but back judge wouldn't come off his ruling so they decided to re-kick which I don't think was a legal option. Many times throughout the game the refs had to conference and one had to explain to another that he is supposed to count down (like in basketball) the last 5 seconds of the play clock.

I would just like to say I was very impressed with the WL following they had, the kids seemed like really good kids and the coaches seemed very good as well. A great game of football, but I have to question the quality of officials for a state semi-final game. Very impressed that Napoleon was able to win with one of their best players playing at about 50 percent.

they called it an inadvertent whistle
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:24 pm

imperials wrote:
The Schwab wrote:Napoleon punted, WL guy caught it at around the 5 never really had a good grasp on the ball, never called fair catch, Napoleon guy hit him hard knocking the ball completely out, back judge called him down by contact and spotted it at the 10 yardline which made no sense at all, Kelly really held his cool for napoleon and asked for an explanation. Refs huddled together, some obviously knew the call was blown, but back judge wouldn't come off his ruling so they decided to re-kick which I don't think was a legal option. Many times throughout the game the refs had to conference and one had to explain to another that he is supposed to count down (like in basketball) the last 5 seconds of the play clock.

they called it an inadvertent whistle

That's what I was figuring they tried to pull, and I would believe them, but when the back judge whistled more than once and pointed to the ground, he just blew the call and didn't want to admit it.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby scrappingerman » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:30 pm

There was a strange series of events before the botched punt call. Napoleon had the ball going into the wind. They had a 3rd and short about 3 yards from around mid field. The ball was placed down and the clock whistled to start with 24 seconds left to go in the first. There is a 25 sec play clock so NGS had a second to spare and let the clock run out. (Supposedly) The horn sound and then the flag flew and NGS was flagged for delay of game and 1 sec was put back on the clock. There was no hand motions by any official . So essiantly NGS was put out of a 3rd and short to a 3rd and 8. Next play a run for 3 yards now it is 4th and 5 and NGS is forced to punt and the confusion that ensued. Thus NGS was hurt on 2 of three plays. Now to be fair the officials made a few iffy calls for both sides. Just not what I considered a real solid performance on their part. Funny someone in the group wouldn't voice that a "do over" is not an options.
scrappingerman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby crashdavis16 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:20 pm

A "do over" is an option if they thought it was an inadvertent whistle...
crashdavis16
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Schwab » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:22 pm

crashdavis16 wrote:A "do over" is an option if they thought it was an inadvertent whistle...

Yes that is an option, but this was NOT an inadvertent whistle, if that is what they claimed I understand that everyone is just stating what the options are, but being at the game, there was no inadvertent whistle at all.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:59 pm

I'm surprised no one has brought up the botched fake punt that gave a TD to Napoleon. Was that a called play, bad snap, ??? 4th and 18 from your own 12 seems like a high-risk play to try for a first down.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby footballchicken » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Did WL call fake punt thinking it was such an obvious punt situation that they would catch them off guard????

Not sure, but they were kicking into the wind - so i think it was called
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:36 pm

vikingman wrote:I'm surprised no one has brought up the botched fake punt that gave a TD to Napoleon. Was that a called play, bad snap, ??? 4th and 18 from your own 12 seems like a high-risk play to try for a first down.

I would say it was a called play as one of their guys on the line didn't even try blocking as he ran an out route.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:46 pm

It was a called play and there was to much pressure. He didn't have a chance to throw it. Looked like a dump screen to me
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to 9 - Man