9-Man Semifinals: W-L @ Napoleon-GS

The teams in 9 Man

Re: 9-Man Semifinals: W-L @ Napoleon-GS

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:14 pm

I picked Napoleon.

I think Napoleon should be favored again, too. Your reasons are, as a whole, stupid.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby witherspoon » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:18 pm

ToddZeile wrote:I was at the last game between these two. Napoleon is at least 3 touchdowns better and here is why:

1) Napoleon is a wrestling town and WL basically takes the winter off.push
2) Top 3 players on each team are a push. Players 4-9, however, are much stronger for Napoleon. not even close, Illes, vasques, bell twice what nappy has, who would it be after SChartz and Wald?3) Jonah is twice the QB Bell is. Again, not even close, Bell is twice what Schartz is.
4) Napoleon beat WL on their own turf. If not for two turnovers deep in Warbird territory, they win by 30.Warbirds had nothing to really play for, now its for all the marbles
5) If it was a 3-on-3 basketball game, I'd take the Warbirds.True
6) If it was a fight, WL would be out before the end of the first round. Warbirds by 16
Napoleon in a laugher........
Plus Wald is "nursing a bad wheel" :(
witherspoon
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:02 pm

If Napoleon is so bad why did they beat WL the last week of the season?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby witherspoon » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:07 pm

The Schwab wrote:If Napoleon is so bad why did they beat WL the last week of the season?

Nobody ever said that Nappy was bad....W/L is just better.
witherspoon
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:08 pm

witherspoon wrote:
The Schwab wrote:If Napoleon is so bad why did they beat WL the last week of the season?

Nobody ever said that Nappy was bad....W/L is just better.

Well when I see predictions of a 40 point game I begin to wonder, and if W/L is "just better" why did Nappy beat them the last week of the season, and from what I heard it wasn't as close as the score made it sound.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby imperials » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:12 pm

if you call playing for a region championship and home field for the playoffs not worth winning for, you are an idiot
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:12 pm

imperials wrote:if you call playing for a region championship and home field for the playoffs not worth winning for, you are an idiot

I don't think anyone is suggesting that.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby wingnut » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:37 am

It was said earlier on that W/L had nothing to play for.....a Region Championship was on the line and an undefeated regular season at home. Now W/L has to go on the road to get to the championship game next week just like last season. IMO I feel that this game will go anyway, but I am going for the Warbirds. I feel that with the shootout last week they were in that the offense will keep going and the defense will be due for a good game, and what better team to have it against than Napoleon. Also, I've said it before....toughest thing to do in a football season is to beat a team TWICE.
wingnut
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Flip » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:13 am

wingnut wrote:It was said earlier on that W/L had nothing to play for...

just saw that now. That is total garbage. As a team you want to win as many things as possible, including region championships. You probably don't put up region 1 runner up banners in your gym. I'm sure Napoleon takes a lot of pride in winning 7 straight region titles. Also, Wyndmere to Napoleon is not a short drive, neither is Wyndmere to Cavalier, I'm sure they would have much rather played at home than driving the extra 6-800 miles or w/e it is.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:27 am

Anyone have a time for this game? Since BEK isnt covering it I suppose i might as well make the trip down there to watch it.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:44 am

Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby wingnut » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:22 am

Flip wrote:
wingnut wrote:It was said earlier on that W/L had nothing to play for...

just saw that now. That is total garbage. As a team you want to win as many things as possible, including region championships. You probably don't put up region 1 runner up banners in your gym. I'm sure Napoleon takes a lot of pride in winning 7 straight region titles. Also, Wyndmere to Napoleon is not a short drive, neither is Wyndmere to Cavalier, I'm sure they would have much rather played at home than driving the extra 6-800 miles or w/e it is.

I was making not that it was said earlier but i completely disagreed with the statement.....just to clarify that
wingnut
NDPreps Rookie

Postby witherspoon » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:35 am

Flip wrote:
imperials wrote:if you call playing for a region championship and home field for the playoffs not worth winning for, you are an idiot

Kids don't give a rip about that and you all know it, they were in the playoffs and at that time it is all that mattered, Coaches and AD's give a rip, kids don't, and if you don't beleive that you're an idiot....... :twisted:
witherspoon
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:40 am

witherspoon wrote:
Flip wrote:

Kids don't give a rip about that and you all know it, they were in the playoffs and at that time it is all that mattered, Coaches and AD's give a rip, kids don't, and if you don't beleive that you're an idiot....... :twisted:

If you don't care about winning a region title and the chance to host all playoff games until the dome you shouldn't be on the field.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby shooter! » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:46 am

The Schwab wrote:
winner-within wrote:
The Schwab wrote:Way to let your true knowledge show....wow

I've been around Schwabby! university of Life

If that game is a 40 point game in favor of WL I will never ever post on this board again.

hopefully WL wins by 40 then
shooter!
NDPreps Starter

Postby witherspoon » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:16 am

The Schwab wrote:
witherspoon wrote:
Flip wrote:

If you don't care about winning a region title and the chance to host all playoff games until the dome you shouldn't be on the field.

If you are a professional i agree.......kids these days have enough to worry about, we don't need to put any more added stress on them, it will come soon enough.
witherspoon
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:31 am

shooter! wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
winner-within wrote:
The Schwab wrote:Way to let your true knowledge show....wow

I've been around Schwabby! university of Life

If that game is a 40 point game in favor of WL I will never ever post on this board again.

hopefully WL wins by 40 then

Ah yes, hopefully
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:06 am

witherspoon wrote:Kids don't give a rip about that and you all know it, they were in the playoffs and at that time it is all that mattered, Coaches and AD's give a rip, kids don't, and if you don't beleive that you're an idiot....... :twisted:

you and winner should have your own forum
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:30 am

We do!
unfortunately your on it!!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby footballchicken » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:46 am

Kids that are on perennial powers that have coaches stressing to them to win Region Titles, care about Region Titles - otherwise, kids care about making the playoffs and thats it. Once they get to that point, then they care about the State Title.
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:09 pm

in fact some Organizations would rather lose than win to get to the right bracket!
Play real good team at home or play average on the road
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby panthercub » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:00 pm

winner-within wrote:in fact some Organizations would rather lose than win to get to the right bracket!

Thats not how it works winner! If you win your region you play the other region's #4 seed if you take 2nd in your region you host the other's #3 seed! So ya see, if you win, you play a weaker team, you wise guy! Now, I hope WL wins by 40 also! And yes, witherspoon must be winners relative! :lol: :roll:
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby witherspoon » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:21 pm

panthercub wrote:
winner-within wrote:in fact some Organizations would rather lose than win to get to the right bracket!

Thats not how it works winner! If you win your region you play the other region's #4 seed if you take 2nd in your region you host the other's #3 seed! So ya see, if you win, you play a weaker team, you wise guy! Now, I hope WL wins by 40 also! And yes, witherspoon must be winners relative! :lol: :roll:

yup, ahuh we sher is, brothers and sisters...i just love coming on here and getting all you lads riled up and reading all the comics and amusing myself all the long day long......i hope you all can grow up to be just like me some day 8) :roll:
witherspoon
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:36 pm

panthercub wrote:

Seeds dont mean Squat.....I've seen 4th seeds blow out #1 seeds.....its all timing there Babybear!! :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:02 pm

winner-within wrote:
panthercub wrote:

Seeds dont mean Squat.....I've seen 4th seeds blow out #1 seeds.....its all timing there Babybear!! :wink:

Do you have any examples of this?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man