The teams in 9 Man

Wyndmere-Lidgerwood @ Cavalier

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:28 am

Thoughts on this weekend's playoff matchup
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Wyndmere-Lidgerwood @ Cavalier

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:58 am

Might be the best game of the quarters. Cavalier coming off a big win over a South Border team that had been playing very well. Wyndmere Lidegrwood has three absolute studs in Illies, Bell and Vazquez and Cavalier has a bunch of talent as well. This game may come down to who has the ball last. 32 to 26 Wyndmere Lidgerwood but could easily go the other way.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:56 pm

EHS1998 wrote:Might be the best game of the quarters. Cavalier coming off a big win over a South Border team that had been playing very well. Wyndmere Lidegrwood has three absolute studs in Illies, Bell and Vazquez and Cavalier has a bunch of talent as well. This game may come down to who has the ball last. 32 to 26 Wyndmere Lidgerwood but could easily go the other way.

I agree but I'm gonna say Cavalier wins but could easily go the other way.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ratman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Just saw some highlights and pictures of W-L. Illies is huge! he's gonna be hard to stop, but i think Chrest is just as athletic as anyone out there and he'll be able to cover him. If Cavalier can control the clock and tempo with their running game then they could squeak one out. Cav's pass defense is gonna be the factor, it hasn't been strong or tested all season. I have to take Cavalier cuz their my team but W-L is good at pass and that isn't cavaliers strong suit. Hope for a very windy wet day and I'll take Cavalier 28-22
I'm Already excited!
ratman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:50 pm

Napoleon found a way to slow down Illies so he is coverable, but I don't think Chrest could do it by himself. Chrest isn't in coverage that much anyway, is he? I know he had at least 1 sack on Saturday.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:18 pm

ratman wrote:Just saw some highlights and pictures of W-L. Illies is huge! he's gonna be hard to stop, but i think Chrest is just as athletic as anyone out there and he'll be able to cover him. If Cavalier can control the clock and tempo with their running game then they could squeak one out. Cav's pass defense is gonna be the factor, it hasn't been strong or tested all season. I have to take Cavalier cuz their my team but W-L is good at pass and that isn't cavaliers strong suit. Hope for a very windy wet day and I'll take Cavalier 28-22
I'm Already excited!

Mostly Cloudy....High 48....Wind is Normal.....great passing weather!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby footballchicken » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Chrest can cover Illies, sure.....but who covers Vazquez?

Wyndmere by 14
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:38 pm

footballchicken wrote:Chrest can cover Illies, sure.....but who covers Vazquez?

Wyndmere by 14

There ya go!!! ...game over....
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ratman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:55 pm

I don't know how quick They get the ball off on passing plays but a key for cavalier to win would be for them to get Robbins' big body in the backfield and idk about him but if I was passing I don't think id hold onto it too long maybe causing a rushed throw. To be honest I don't know what wyndmere lidgerwood does I just know that they look like a good passing team. Flip, youve watched them, what can I expect from their offense and maybe a rundown of weaknesses and strengths. It'd be appreciated!
ratman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ambition13 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:46 pm

I'd say WL has some of the best deep receivers in the game. I was at their Napolean game and i saw one the best catches of the year from Luis Vazquez. One handed about 40yds down field.
I think i'll give the edge to WL. Bell doesnt only throw the ball, he's a vary capable runner
A good sermon should be like a woman's skirt: short enough to rouse the interest, but long enough to cover the essentials - Ronald Knox
ambition13
NDPreps Starter

Postby Fab 5 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:33 pm

Cavalier can win this game.. they must play perfect pass coverage to achieve this though. Ryan cant win this game by himself someone has to step up and play defense with him. Cavaliers offense should be fine with their running game and if they spread out the field and let Ryan run free. The game will be determined on cavaliers defense, if they come to play it will be close, if they are nervous and dont have a plan on defense its gonna be a long game for the tornadoes.
Fab 5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:47 pm

Bell is a very good runner. They run a lot of QB draws where he just picks a hole and goes. Vasquez made a great catch against Hillsboro at the goal line - went up over 2 defenders in front of him and hauled in a perfectly placed ball for a TD. Illies is a well put together young man, and I mean man. He has D-1 tight end written all over him. They run a one-back or empty back set most of the time. Their one running back is a sawed off tree who gets tough yards to keep defenses honest. Bell can scramble well so sacking him is tough.

I do think Cavalier will be able to move the ball on WL. Hillsboro was able to when they weren't busy shooting themselves in the foot. WL does a lot of the "radar" defense look where no one is in a three point stance. If Cavalier wants to go power running that radar look will have to change in a hurry. Perhaps WL went radar to stop Hillsboro's sprint option. They have the size to plug the middle if they put some people in a down lineman position.

I think Cavalier's best chance is to just grind away with a power running game to tire out the WL interior.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:53 pm

I dont Know!....I remember hearing a voice this Summer while down at the track....it said "build it and they will come"....Its inevitable....
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby justplayalready » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:51 am

Since Cavalier is at home, W/L wont get it to running time until early 4th quarter...a yawner except for the first 12 minutes
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:49 pm

justplayalready wrote:Since Cavalier is at home, W/L wont get it to running time until early 4th quarter...a yawner except for the first 12 minutes

Awesome, that way I wont be late for Church!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Buck » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:51 pm

Fab 5 wrote:Cavalier can win this game.. they must play perfect pass coverage to achieve this though. Ryan cant win this game by himself someone has to step up and play defense with him. Cavaliers offense should be fine with their running game and if they spread out the field and let Ryan run free. The game will be determined on cavaliers defense, if they come to play it will be close, if they are nervous and dont have a plan on defense its gonna be a long game for the tornadoes.

Could not agree more. Should be a great game. Two good programs with some explosive players. I will pick Cav by 1 touchdown. Go Tornadoes!!!
Buck
NDPreps Starter

Postby Johnny » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:39 pm

Wyndmere 66-42 late in 4th quarter. Cavalier has no answer for Illies, Vasquez and Bell.
Johnny
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:01 pm

Johnny wrote:Wyndmere 66-42 late in 4th quarter. Cavalier has no answer for Illies, Vasquez and Bell.

Not exactly a defensive masterpiece. I am glad the number 2 team in Region 1 beat the number 1 team in Region 2 by 24 though.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:19 pm

Any stats for this game?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:57 pm

Flip wrote:Any stats for this game?

Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
RUSHING: Adam Bell 28 carries for 231 yards and 5 TDs
PASSING: Adam Bell 12-20 for 263 yards and 4 TDs
RECEIVING: Luis Vasquez 3 catches for 93 yards and 1 TD (also 1 Fumble Return for TD); Jeff Illies 3 catches for 93 yards and 3 TDs

Cavalier
RUSHING: Ryan Chrest 14 carries for 184 yards and 3 TDs; Jarret Johnson 10 carries for 120 yards and 1 TD
PASSING: Ryan Chrest 3-10 for 81 yards and 2 TDs (1 INT)
RECEIVING: Jarret Johnson 2 catches for 85 yards and 2 TDs; Alex Hartz 1 catch for -4 yards
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:20 pm

Thanks R4F.

Wow! Mr. Bell 9 freaking TDs!
Illies and Vasquez only have 6 catches, but 4 go for TDs.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Flip wrote:Thanks R4F.

Wow! Mr. Bell 9 freaking TDs!
Illies and Vasquez only have 6 catches, but 4 go for TDs.

They may have had more than 6...there are 6 catches unaccounted for from what I received for stats.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:11 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
Johnny wrote:Wyndmere 66-42 late in 4th quarter. Cavalier has no answer for Illies, Vasquez and Bell.

Not exactly a defensive masterpiece. I am glad the number 2 team in Region 1 beat the number 1 team in Region 2 by 24 though.

Actually the #1 Team in the State.....They"ll beat the #1 team in Region 1 too
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:38 pm

winner-within wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:

Rankings are meaningless to me, what counts is actual standings/results. At least until they start giving out the state championship based on rankings.

Regardless, Region 1 showed dominance over Region 2 today (another day could tell a different story). No excuse you come up with will change that.

Winner - Since you still seem to be a Region 1 hater, let's revisit what the Eastern playoffs showed us up to this point.

1st Round: Region #1 1st and 2nd seeds with decisive victories over Region 2 4th and 3rd seeds. Region 2 2nd seed with razor thin miraculous victory over Region 1 3rd seed. Region 2 1st seed with decisive victory over Region 1 4th seed in a game that was still in doubt in the 3rd quarter.

Quarter Finals: Region 1 1st seed with decisive victory over Region 2 2nd seed. Region 1 2nd seed with decisive victory over Region 2 1st seed.

Semis: All Region 1 Match up.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:08 am

winner-within wrote:

You didn't even pick WL to make it out of the first round of the playoffs now you think they're going to the state title game?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to 9 - Man