Senior Athlete and Coach of the Year

The teams in 9 Man

Senior Athlete and Coach of the Year

Postby donflaminco69 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:07 pm

Just wondering who you all got for the senior athlete and coach of the year in each region.
donflaminco69
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Senior Athlete and Coach of the Year

Postby dyhardballa09 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:25 pm

donflaminco69 wrote:Just wondering who you all got for the senior athlete and coach of the year in each region.

Region 4- DC's co-coaches and Tanner Veshadal from M/R
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter

Postby DCFan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:52 pm

dyhardballa09 wrote:
donflaminco69 wrote:Just wondering who you all got for the senior athlete and coach of the year in each region.

Region 4- DC's co-coaches and Tanner Veshadal from M/R

Region 4
I agree Coaches Brown and Nelson are good choices Vesledal from Mott/Regent a good choice and I would add Andreas Holm Divide County.
DCFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby panthercub » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:01 am

Region 3
Coach- Haugen/NS
Senior- H. Larson/NS or T. Urness/BC
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:23 am

panthercub wrote:Region 3
Coach- Haugen/NS

Haugan may get COY, but Strand from BC or even the coach from TGU (can't think of his name right now) could get it as neither of those teams was expected to be in the top half of the region.

Senior athlete of the year I think goes to a kid from BC....could be Matt Knudson (FB/LB) who had a great year, or Darren Young (QB/LB) who also had a great season. Any other seniors in the region that had stats that stood out?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby defense1st » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:49 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
Coach- Haugen/NS

Haugan may get COY, but Strand from BC or even the coach from TGU (can't think of his name right now) could get it as neither of those teams was expected to be in the top half of the region.

Senior athlete of the year I think goes to a kid from BC....could be Matt Knudson (FB/LB) who had a great year, or Darren Young (QB/LB) who also had a great season. Any other seniors in the region that had stats that stood out?

Haugen (the player) from NS might have been in the running had he not gone down with injury. 7 sacks through 3 games is pretty impressive. He got hurt against Surrey and played defense for the first time since against Benson County. The injury, I think, knocked him out of contention.
defense1st
NDPreps Starter

Postby vball10 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:44 pm

defense1st wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
Coach- Haugen/NS

Haugen (the player) from NS might have been in the running had he not gone down with injury. 7 sacks through 3 games is pretty impressive. He got hurt against Surrey and played defense for the first time since against Benson County. The injury, I think, knocked him out of contention.

Agreed. Not playing in the Tri-County and Kenmare game really put him out. No offense to those teams but he could have put up some pretty impressive numbers against them. Then, he didn't play defense against T-G-U either.

I hope the coaches don't just look at stats when they look at Senior Athlete. The lines are a huge part of how successful a team can be. I would hate for any of those kids to get overlooked.
vball10
NDPreps Starter

Postby panthercub » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:11 pm

I was thinking T Urness because of his defensive abilities and had solid numbers at HB also. H Larson is overall the best Lineman on both sides of the ball in the region for sure hands down!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to 9 - Man