North Border vs Lamoure

The teams in 9 Man

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:15 pm

Shockman was a miss, my bad. He didnt show much when we played them but I know he is very long and athletic, those numbers dont surprise me. Stemen played very well against us and Sailer is one of the better LBs in the state, in my opinion. Tyler and Brady Thielges are a tough combination.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1878
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:44 pm

The Schwab wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:One thing you have to take into account with NB is that since starting last season 0-4, these kids are 15-2 since. I think this team is a bit overlooked as they don't get the press other teams get. I've got NB over Lamoure in round one and over Napolean in round two!


Sippin on that NB koolaid huh?? Haha. I'll say LaMoure beats NB in the first round.


Yes I am. We all know that there are going to be upsets in the playoffs and some team that no one picked is going to make a run. NB is my pick to do just that. In another topic I posted that I was going out on a limb and a team from the west was going to win it all this year and I'm sticking by that, too!
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3169
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:46 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:One thing you have to take into account with NB is that since starting last season 0-4, these kids are 15-2 since. I think this team is a bit overlooked as they don't get the press other teams get. I've got NB over Lamoure in round one and over Napolean in round two!


Sippin on that NB koolaid huh?? Haha. I'll say LaMoure beats NB in the first round.


Yes I am. We all know that there are going to be upsets in the playoffs and some team that no one picked is going to make a run. NB is my pick to do just that. In another topic I posted that I was going out on a limb and a team from the west was going to win it all this year and I'm sticking by that, too!


Well after seeing Divide County dominated Central McLean...I'd think they would have the best chance from the west
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10350
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:48 pm

North Star has the best chance from the west, I think.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1878
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:21 pm

EHS1998 wrote:North Star has the best chance from the west, I think.


I really think a big team that has a great running game is going to come through the playoffs from the west. I just have a feeling when the temps get colder and the wind starts whipping one of these weekends Northstars big weapons will be nuetralized. But if the weather cooperates and Northstar makes it to the dome, watch out for that team on turf!
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3169
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:28 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:North Star has the best chance from the west, I think.


I really think a big team that has a great running game is going to come through the playoffs from the west. I just have a feeling when the temps get colder and the wind starts whipping one of these weekends Northstars big weapons will be nuetralized. But if the weather cooperates and Northstar makes it to the dome, watch out for that team on turf!


Great point!
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1878
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:55 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:North Star has the best chance from the west, I think.


I really think a big team that has a great running game is going to come through the playoffs from the west. I just have a feeling when the temps get colder and the wind starts whipping one of these weekends Northstars big weapons will be nuetralized. But if the weather cooperates and Northstar makes it to the dome, watch out for that team on turf!


Great point!



I think NS is Playing with 2 real stud Athletes and a respectable core I would not want H or G to get hurt going into BBall season
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4056
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:08 pm

The Gf Herald ran an Article about the Eagles up North...Coach Carp said "this team bought in" I believe him

they wont lose in the first round!! not a chance
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4056
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby dyhardballa09 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:13 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:North Star has the best chance from the west, I think.


I really think a big team that has a great running game is going to come through the playoffs from the west. I just have a feeling when the temps get colder and the wind starts whipping one of these weekends Northstars big weapons will be nuetralized. But if the weather cooperates and Northstar makes it to the dome, watch out for that team on turf!



If it gets cold, its going to be a semi-final of DC and whoever comes out of CM-BC, which I think after the Lamoure-NB game will be the best 1st round game.
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:53 pm

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby panthercub » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:29 pm

theworldismine1999 wrote:
panthercub wrote:Im so sick of these people thinkin Region 1 Is the best there ever has been or will be! I can't wait until Saturday when they get a rude-awakening!

So please kind sir explain to us who you think the best region is? cuz it sounds like someone is angry about this :(.... :lol: :lol:


Simple the Region with the most wins in the playoffs is the best Region! :D
User avatar
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby Flip » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:34 pm

anyone know if this game is on the radio?
User avatar
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2868
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby bballuvr » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:11 pm

winner-within wrote:The Gf Herald ran an Article about the Eagles up North...Coach Carp said "this team bought in" I believe him

they wont lose in the first round!! not a chance



The game is on 98.3 FM and newsdakota.com. There is a chance that LLM could win. 10%, 25%, 50%. Doubtful it is zero. NB is 8-1 and very good. LLM lost 2nd game to Napoleon-GS and is a much, much better team that they were that night. Doesn't mean they will win Sat. Napoleon was very good then and still is.

LLM is a tough 3 for sure. NB will be tough to beat up at home. NB coach been at this for a long time. LLM staff has a pretty nice resume of their own.

With one of the best lineman in the state out, Hesby, not much rest for Alber brothers, Shockman and Stemen in interior line. Trevor Alber 2 way lineman for 4 years and very solid and good leader. Nolan Alber is just plain steady and consistent. Shockman big and fast and better each night. He overpursues at times, but less now that earlier season. Stemen more aggressive this year on both sides. Some sacks, a pick 6. Hampered by foot injury last 3 weeks.

Loboes will not survive on 3 1/2 quarters of FB at NB. Will take for sure a 4 quarter solid outing to have a shot.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:41 pm

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby scc » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:27 pm

I believe this game will also be on Langdon's KNDK 1080 AM and the kndkradio.com webcast.
User avatar
scc
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:52 am
Location: East Central North Dakota

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:29 pm

bballuvr wrote:
winner-within wrote:The Gf Herald ran an Article about the Eagles up North...Coach Carp said "this team bought in" I believe him

they wont lose in the first round!! not a chance



The game is on 98.3 FM and newsdakota.com. There is a chance that LLM could win. 10%, 25%, 50%. Doubtful it is zero. NB is 8-1 and very good. LLM lost 2nd game to Napoleon-GS and is a much, much better team that they were that night. Doesn't mean they will win Sat. Napoleon was very good then and still is.

LLM is a tough 3 for sure. NB will be tough to beat up at home. NB coach been at this for a long time. LLM staff has a pretty nice resume of their own.

With one of the best lineman in the state out, Hesby, not much rest for Alber brothers, Shockman and Stemen in interior line. Trevor Alber 2 way lineman for 4 years and very solid and good leader. Nolan Alber is just plain steady and consistent. Shockman big and fast and better each night. He overpursues at times, but less now that earlier season. Stemen more aggressive this year on both sides. Some sacks, a pick 6. Hampered by foot injury last 3 weeks.

Loboes will not survive on 3 1/2 quarters of FB at NB. Will take for sure a 4 quarter solid outing to have a shot.


Good info on Lamoure. Thanks. Anyone got similar info on North Border?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1878
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby champs11 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:25 am

How about the senior starter Alek Berg with that AMAZING catch with 17 seconds left for the game winning touchdown. WHat great hands
champs11
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:33 am

champs11 wrote:How about the senior starter Alek Berg with that AMAZING catch with 17 seconds left for the game winning touchdown. WHat great hands


Berg had a great game on both sides of the ball.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1878
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:57 pm

Lotsa weapons with a stellar Coach
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4056
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby Wombat » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:23 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Right, New Rockford, Lakota, Hillsboro all salty teams but not going to make much noise in the playoffs.

Napoleon, W-L are going to win a game or two in the playoffs.


You are comparing one region's #1 and #2 teams to the other regions #3-5 teams. You could just as easily flip this statement around and it still would be 100% accurate:

"LaMoure, South Border, and (Insert #5 team here) are all salty teams, but not going to make much noise in the playoffs. Cavalier and North Border are going to win a game or two in the playoffs."
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: Cavalier/Mayville, , North Dakota USA

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:21 pm

Wombat wrote:
GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Right, New Rockford, Lakota, Hillsboro all salty teams but not going to make much noise in the playoffs.

Napoleon, W-L are going to win a game or two in the playoffs.


You are comparing one region's #1 and #2 teams to the other regions #3-5 teams. You could just as easily flip this statement around and it still would be 100% accurate:

"LaMoure, South Border, and (Insert #5 team here) are all salty teams, but not going to make much noise in the playoffs. Cavalier and North Border are going to win a game or two in the playoffs."


Wouldnt you say that Lamoure made some noise, coming withing seconds of beating the #2 seed at home with questionable clock operating in the last minute?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1878
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby winner-within » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:58 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
Wombat wrote:
GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Right, New Rockford, Lakota, Hillsboro all salty teams but not going to make much noise in the playoffs.

Napoleon, W-L are going to win a game or two in the playoffs.


You are comparing one region's #1 and #2 teams to the other regions #3-5 teams. You could just as easily flip this statement around and it still would be 100% accurate:

"LaMoure, South Border, and (Insert #5 team here) are all salty teams, but not going to make much noise in the playoffs. Cavalier and North Border are going to win a game or two in the playoffs."


Wouldnt you say that Lamoure made some noise, coming withing seconds of beating the #2 seed at home with questionable clock operating in the last minute?


So your saying they (NB) altered the outcome???.....LaMoure...(moms from there) could have beat W-L...Nap, DC, NS on that day....you don't get any tougher than LaMoure....except maybe in PEMBINA county!!!
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4056
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:08 am

winner-within wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:
Wombat wrote:
GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Right, New Rockford, Lakota, Hillsboro all salty teams but not going to make much noise in the playoffs.

Napoleon, W-L are going to win a game or two in the playoffs.


You are comparing one region's #1 and #2 teams to the other regions #3-5 teams. You could just as easily flip this statement around and it still would be 100% accurate:

"LaMoure, South Border, and (Insert #5 team here) are all salty teams, but not going to make much noise in the playoffs. Cavalier and North Border are going to win a game or two in the playoffs."


Wouldnt you say that Lamoure made some noise, coming withing seconds of beating the #2 seed at home with questionable clock operating in the last minute?


So your saying they (NB) altered the outcome???.....LaMoure...(moms from there) could have beat W-L...Nap, DC, NS on that day....you don't get any tougher than LaMoure....except maybe in PEMBINA county!!!


Didnt say that at all. Just stating a fact, the clock operation in the last 1:03 was questionable at best. No idea what the rest of your post means.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1878
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Previous

Return to 9 - Man

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest