North Border vs Lamoure

The teams in 9 Man

North Border vs Lamoure

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:11 am

Interested in peoples thoughts on this game, may end up being the best first round game. I know a bit about Lamoure but nothing about North Border, except they have a couple of good running backs. How does this match up stack up?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Re: Norh Border vs Lamoure

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:38 am

I think it's a very even matchup, However both games that Lamoure lost have been to the #1 and #2 ranked teams in the state.

North Border has not seen the kind of competion that Lamoure has faced this year. It could make a difference in this match up. Both teams are very well coached I expect a good game.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Re: North Border vs Lamoure

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:25 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see either team win, but I'm leaning towards Lamoure. No real reason I just think they're a better team playing a tougher schedule.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:24 pm

I don't know how it can be said that NB hasn't faced the kind of competition that Lamoure has. I understand that is your opinion Guru, but no one really knows because there have been no cross-region games. More than any year, the rankings don't mean squat.

We don't REALLY know if WL and Napoleon were the top 2 teams in the state. We won't have a good idea on that until Saturday's games are played.

All I know is that I saw both Cavalier and NB and they are both big, physical AND fast. I believe, and I know it is just opinion, that NB will match up well with Lamoure. I look for NB to win.

Saturday will be an exciting day to see where the regions really do stack up against each other.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:45 pm

I am telling you for a fact that Lamoure is GOOD. Big, mean, and athletic, extreemly well coached, and they got beat easily by Napoleon, and had a close game with W-L.

North Border has faced two decent teams Lakota and Cavalier. the rest of the region is crap,

I said it's a good matchup, North Border could win, but I am telling you for a fact that Lamoure played a tougher schedule than North Border did it could play a factor in the game.

Your are right the playoffs will tell the final story.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:56 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:I am telling you for a fact that Lamoure is GOOD. Big, mean, and athletic, extreemly well coached, and they got beat easily by Napoleon, and had a close game with W-L.

North Border has faced two decent teams Lakota and Cavalier. the rest of the region is crap,

I said it's a good matchup, North Border could win, but I am telling you for a fact that Lamoure played a tougher schedule than North Border did it could play a factor in the game.

Are you sure you mean Lakota? They didn't make the playoffs.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby old#63 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:05 pm

The Schwab wrote:
GRIDIRON GURU wrote:I am telling you for a fact that Lamoure is GOOD. Big, mean, and athletic, extreemly well coached, and they got beat easily by Napoleon, and had a close game with W-L.

Are you sure you mean Lakota? They didn't make the playoffs.

Exactly, both Hillsboro and New Rockford beat Lakota heads up and made the playoffs, and I don't think Lakota is any better than either of those teams.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:37 pm

Right, New Rockford, Lakota, Hillsboro all salty teams but not going to make much noise in the playoffs.

Napoleon, W-L are going to win a game or two in the playoffs.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby vball10 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:41 pm

The Schwab wrote: Are you sure you mean Lakota? They didn't make the playoffs.
vball10
NDPreps Starter

Postby panthercub » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:16 pm

Im so sick of these people thinkin Region 1 Is the best there ever has been or will be! I can't wait until Saturday when they get a rude-awakening!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:39 am

panthercub wrote:Im so sick of these people thinkin Region 1 Is the best there ever has been or will be! I can't wait until Saturday when they get a rude-awakening!

Since 2003 only one team outside region 1 has won a state championship and that was Mott/Regent over Napoleon 16-14 in 2007.

But you are right this year could be the year for another region to win a state title.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:07 am

Didnt Hillsboro win the title a couple years ago?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:13 am

EHS1998 wrote:Didnt Hillsboro win the title a couple years ago?

The actual question may be was Hillsboro in Region 1 at that time...or were they still considered Region 2?
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby d_fense » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:24 am

Hillsboro was region 2's number one seed in 2008.

found it here.
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=5851
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:28 am

Alright then Mott-Regent in 2007 and Hillsboro in 2008 were the only non-Region 1 title winners in the past decade.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby throwingducks » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:56 am

If you are looking at the region they were in when they won the title, you also have to say that Hankinson and W-L were in Region 2 when they won the titles also, they entered region 1 this year. So, you might want to clarify what years and when they won the titles. Regions change every two years so to compare which region won what and when does not seem to be a logical argument.
throwingducks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby throwingducks » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:58 am

As for my prediction on the game it is a tough call. Both run the ball well. With two ball control offenses it will be who can come up with the big play or turnover and control the ball the best will come out on top. I am also going to take travel and some injuries into account and take North Border by 6. It will be a close hard fought battle.
throwingducks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theworldismine1999 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:32 am

panthercub wrote:Im so sick of these people thinkin Region 1 Is the best there ever has been or will be! I can't wait until Saturday when they get a rude-awakening!

So please kind sir explain to us who you think the best region is? cuz it sounds like someone is angry about this :(.... :lol: :lol:
theworldismine1999
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:35 am

throwingducks wrote:If you are looking at the region they were in when they won the title, you also have to say that Hankinson and W-L were in Region 2 when they won the titles also, they entered region 1 this year. So, you might want to clarify what years and when they won the titles. Regions change every two years so to compare which region won what and when does not seem to be a logical argument.

This is very true.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:56 am

I took it as the Region where the teams play in today. Hankinson and WL won it as Region 2 representatives but both now reside in Region 1, with Napoleon, etc. I dont think it is a provable point which Region is the best from year to year until the playoffs are done, even then it is pretty much just conjecture, especially this year when there are no cross Region games. I'ts fun to discuss but the only thing that really matters is who is at the top in the end.

Can we now get back to the NB vs Lamoure discussion? Can anyone shed more light on the top players for NB?

Some names of note for Lamoure are Tyler Thielges QB/LB, Casey Sailer FB/LB, Brady Thielges RB/DB, Zach Stemen OL/DL, Jared Meiklejohn WR/DB.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:22 pm

I had the chance to see Lamoure play and the kid that most impressed me on their defense was the Shockman kid. T Thielges was a good passer, but if things broke down he was in trouble as he seemed a step or so slow. Sailer and B Thielges ran the ball well, Thielges is really quick. Stemen is huge, but didn't do anything that stood out to me and I don't remember Meiklejohn.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:23 pm

One thing you have to take into account with NB is that since starting last season 0-4, these kids are 15-2 since. I think this team is a bit overlooked as they don't get the press other teams get. I've got NB over Lamoure in round one and over Napolean in round two!
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:30 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:One thing you have to take into account with NB is that since starting last season 0-4, these kids are 15-2 since. I think this team is a bit overlooked as they don't get the press other teams get. I've got NB over Lamoure in round one and over Napolean in round two!

NapoleOn's record over the last 17 games is 15-2, also.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:40 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:One thing you have to take into account with NB is that since starting last season 0-4, these kids are 15-2 since. I think this team is a bit overlooked as they don't get the press other teams get. I've got NB over Lamoure in round one and over Napolean in round two!

Sippin on that NB koolaid huh?? Haha. I'll say LaMoure beats NB in the first round.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby theworldismine1999 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:57 pm

Flip wrote:I had the chance to see Lamoure play and the kid that most impressed me on their defense was the Shockman kid. T Thielges was a good passer, but if things broke down he was in trouble as he seemed a step or so slow. Sailer and B Thielges ran the ball well, Thielges is really quick. Stemen is huge, but didn't do anything that stood out to me and I don't remember Meiklejohn.

Shockman is a defensive stud for the Loboes... i think he is close to 10 sacks on the year. Sailer and Thielges are both very hard and solid runners for the Loboes. But Jordhal is one of those guys who doesnt get alot of carries but he runs hard and low to the ground. He is also a Linebacker who can make plays for the Loboes. Stemen is more of an offensive guy he doesnt miss blocks that often or miss assignments and makes holes for those backs to run through. Another name i wanna throw out there is the Alber boys. T Alber is one of theose guys who just plays low to the ground. N Alber is the same way they are smart kids who can pick up blocks and make holes for the backs to get through. The line is i think has recovered from losing one of the best pulling guards in the state in Hesby IMO. I wish i could say more about NB but i dont know region 2 and i dont want to say anyting wrong. NB is a very tough team they have backs that run hard and a QB who is good also. In the end i know that this game is going to be a close one. I dont really know who to take in this game. If the Loboes dominate the front line then i give the slight edge to them if they dont i give the slight edge to NB. Its gonna b a great game and cant wait to see the outcome
theworldismine1999
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to 9 - Man