Wyndmere

The teams in 9 Man

Wyndmere

Postby footballchicken » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:48 pm

I find it pretty impressive how Wyndmere lost the talent (Orth, Weber, Illies, Meyer) that they did last year, and continue to roll this year. Should be interesting to see what this week's game vs. Napoleon brings - will Napoleon take out their anger on WL or be content with a #2 seed.
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Re: Wyndmere

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:57 pm

I believe they have now won something like 20 games in a row and havent lost at home in over 2 years. Coach Strenge has something pretty special going over there and he is a class act.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:24 pm

I thought Hillsboro beat them last year in Wyndmere. Like 22-20 or something.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:43 am

Flip wrote:I thought Hillsboro beat them last year in Wyndmere. Like 22-20 or something.

You may very well be right. Still a pretty impressive run, considering how tough their competition has been.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:34 am

EHS1998 wrote:
Flip wrote:I thought Hillsboro beat them last year in Wyndmere. Like 22-20 or something.

You may very well be right. Still a pretty impressive run, considering how tough their competition has been.

They like to pass???....they have a Strong D???? Personally I think North Border Would beat them This Year.... didn't they beat NB to go to the finals last season???
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:10 am

winner-within wrote:They like to pass???....they have a Strong D???? Personally I think North Border Would beat them This Year.... didn't they beat NB to go to the finals last season???

pretty sure Thompson beat NB in the quarters and WL beat Thompson in the semis.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ToddZeile » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:54 am

EHS1998 wrote:

I think the Hillsboro loss you are referring to might have been 2 years ago. Pretty sure W-L went undefeated last year.
ToddZeile
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ToddZeile » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:59 am

footballchicken wrote:I find it pretty impressive how Wyndmere lost the talent (Orth, Weber, Illies, Meyer) that they did last year, and continue to roll this year. Should be interesting to see what this week's game vs. Napoleon brings - will Napoleon take out their anger on WL or be content with a #2 seed.

This year's W-L team is not even close to as good as last year's. After a tough loss to Hankinson, I believe Napoleon will come in and ROLL OVER the Warbirds. W-L will be lucky to score 6 points against that Napoleon defense.
ToddZeile
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:01 am

ToddZeile wrote:I think the Hillsboro loss you are referring to might have been 2 years ago. Pretty sure W-L went undefeated last year.

No they didn't. I watched WL beat Hillsboro in Hillsboro for the playoff game. Game would have been in WL had they been undefeated. 99+% sure the game was in WL. I listened to the end of it on the radio and there was controversy because WL was able to run 2 plays when there was like less than a second on the clock or something.

The year before WL came up to Hillsboro during the regular season pounded them because Hillsboro had 3 of their best players suspended. Then in the playoffs Hillsboro went to WL and won.

edit: game was in WL. Here is the write up by KRJB radio

Hillsboro 22 at Wyndmere-Lidgerwood 20

The rivalry was a heated one, literally last night in Wyndmere, ND. Wyndmere/Lidgerwood played host to the Hillsboro Burros in a highly anticipated game that would come right down to the last play, and that it did. Dispite the intense heat and high winds throughout the night, both teams fough hard throughout the entire game.
With the exception of one touchdown in the 3rd quarter that was a 47-yard run by Ryan Orth with 9:07 reamining, all the scoring was done in the first half. WL scored first on a 15 yard TD pass, followed by two TD passes by the Burros to take a lead 14-6. Hillsboro led at halftime 22-12, but the Warbirds would get within two after scoring a touchdown on the ground in the 3rd and scoring their one and only 2-pt conversion. Midway through the 3rd quarter and all of the fourth with the exception of a few minutes, the game was played in the trenches, with Hillsboro coming out victorious and starting out their year 2-0 with the win.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ToddZeile » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:47 am

Flip wrote:
ToddZeile wrote:I think the Hillsboro loss you are referring to might have been 2 years ago. Pretty sure W-L went undefeated last year.

No they didn't. I watched WL beat Hillsboro in Hillsboro for the playoff game. Game would have been in WL had they been undefeated. 99+% sure the game was in WL. I listened to the end of it on the radio and there was controversy because WL was able to run 2 plays when there was like less than a second on the clock or something.

The year before WL came up to Hillsboro during the regular season pounded them because Hillsboro had 3 of their best players suspended. Then in the playoffs Hillsboro went to WL and won.

edit: game was in WL. Here is the write up by KRJB radio

Hillsboro 22 at Wyndmere-Lidgerwood 20

The rivalry was a heated one, literally last night in Wyndmere, ND. Wyndmere/Lidgerwood played host to the Hillsboro Burros in a highly anticipated game that would come right down to the last play, and that it did. Dispite the intense heat and high winds throughout the night, both teams fough hard throughout the entire game.
With the exception of one touchdown in the 3rd quarter that was a 47-yard run by Ryan Orth with 9:07 reamining, all the scoring was done in the first half. WL scored first on a 15 yard TD pass, followed by two TD passes by the Burros to take a lead 14-6. Hillsboro led at halftime 22-12, but the Warbirds would get within two after scoring a touchdown on the ground in the 3rd and scoring their one and only 2-pt conversion. Midway through the 3rd quarter and all of the fourth with the exception of a few minutes, the game was played in the trenches, with Hillsboro coming out victorious and starting out their year 2-0 with the win.

Flip, thanks for the info. For some reason I was thinking that 22-20 game was from the playoffs the previous year....
ToddZeile
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wingnut » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:22 am

Correct, the first game last year was in Wyndmere vs. Hillsboro and it was a loss....but you look back to the second year that Coach Strenge was there, there haven't been many losses for the team at home. It will definitely be a good game this Friday evening. If Napolean ends up winning what happens with the seeding? Does Wyndmere still take number one by virtue of beating Hankinson?
wingnut
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Flip » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:13 am

The winner of the game will be the #1 seed.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man