Hankinson vs Napoleon

The teams in 9 Man

Hankinson vs Napoleon

Postby benchwarmer2011 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:02 am

I noticed Hankinson beat Napolean in OT 6-0. This is a major upset in the entire state. Can someone shine some light on how this happened please?
benchwarmer2011
NDPreps Starter

Re: Hankinson vs Napolean

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:00 am

idk, but possible that Napoleon didn't take the game seriously as it meant nothing?

and it is Napoleon with an "o" not an "a"
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby CurlingIsMySport » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:08 pm

Flip wrote:idk, but possible that Napoleon didn't take the game seriously as it meant nothing?

and it is Napoleon with an "o" not an "a"

Don't wanna dwell on this. It is high school football and upsets happen, but Napoleon may have overlooked them; however, no way is that the reason they lost. I'm sure after the first quarter they realized it was a game.

Also as much as I hate saying a game could mean "nothing" to a team, you could say the game meant nothing to Hankinson because they weren't going to be in the playoffs.
CurlingIsMySport
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Hankinson vs Napoleon

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:21 pm

If they were sufferring from the high winds that a lot of that area was getting hit with, it had to have a huge affect on both teams ability to pass. I know Napoleon likes to throw the ball more than in years past, don't know about Hankinson.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:42 pm

CurlingIsMySport wrote:Don't wanna dwell on this. It is high school football and upsets happen, but Napoleon may have overlooked them; however, no way is that the reason they lost. I'm sure after the first quarter they realized it was a game.

Also as much as I hate saying a game could mean "nothing" to a team, you could say the game meant nothing to Hankinson because they weren't going to be in the playoffs.

I was merely making a suggestion. I have no idea what happened in the game.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man