The teams in 9 Man

North Star @ TGU

Postby MustaBeen » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Who does everyone have here?
MustaBeen
NDPreps Reserve

Re: North Star @ TGU

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:15 pm

North Star big. Highlights will be on youtube by midnight.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:19 pm

I don't think it will be as much of a blowout as many may think...I think the wind will weaken North Star's passing attack a bit
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby vball10 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:12 am

Hagler played with the wind in Surrey too. I think it will make them do more running but Hagler will probably still have passing attempts. He seems to adjust quite well!
vball10
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:00 am

The team that can keep the ball moving on the ground will win tonight. With wind speeds tonight 20-40 MPH and gust up to 55. Don't even try to pass, it maybe taken as a lateral :shock: OOPS!

I'll take NS by 18.
Last edited by Mighty-Mouse on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:05 am

I was thinking about this this morning, too. Northstars field runs North/South and with a south wind it won't effect the passing game quite as much as if it were a cross wind for the whole game. But it could hinder Northstars game plan enough to allow TGU to hang around. I still see NS winning by around 20, tho.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby justplayalready » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:18 am

game in Towner, I believe. Also a North South field which has protection on South, East and partial on West side, but open on North side.

Overall NS's defense should hold up again, and I cant see TGU getting more than 2 scores here. I think Haugen has missed a few games for NS and will return tonite...He is one of the top D ends in the region. He's excited to get back playing and will take it out on TGU. I look for him to have a big game tonite.

TGU has had NS's number in the past, but Keller, Hall, Thorson, Smette, Thompson are gone...NS by 2-3 scores.
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:21 am

justplayalready wrote:game in Towner, I believe. Also a North South field which has protection on South, East and partial on West side, but open on North side.

Overall NS's defense should hold up again, and I cant see TGU getting more than 2 scores here. I think Haugen has missed a few games for NS and will return tonite...He is one of the top D ends in the region. He's excited to get back playing and will take it out on TGU. I look for him to have a big game tonite.

TGU has had NS's number in the past, but Keller, Hall, Thorson, Smette, Thompson are gone...NS by 2-3 scores.

Sorry, didn't catch that the game was in Towner. Same situation with their field, though.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:44 am

EHS1998 wrote:North Star big. Highlights will be on youtube by midnight.

You seem to be taking a "shot" at them here. In reality, North Star has an incredible computer teacher who posts all their games and other activities for them. Has done wonderful work for them over the years.

justplayalready wrote:game in Towner, I believe. Also a North South field which has protection on South, East and partial on West side, but open on North side.

Good points justplayalready. North Star will have to contain Luna. This kid's good and only a freshman. They have another good running back as well. North Star will have to contain the ends and force them to run inside where Larson and company can go to work. Hagler has a great arm and throws a tight spiral. See them shortening up their routes a bit and Grande will break tackles for scores. I think North Star's running game really kicks in this game. Sager and Braun are both good runners and Hagler is fast as well. Will probably be close the first 2 quarters, but see North Star wearing them down in the second half for the win.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby justplayalready » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:04 pm

30 - 6 ns at half
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby panthercub » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:04 am

52-18 North Star. NS ran the ball very well with Braun and Sager bruising kids.
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to 9 - Man