NDPreps All-State

Re: Top Running Back Region 3

Postby bballchick » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Fishing for a compliment #32?
bballchick
NDPreps Starter

Postby woodchuck10 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:55 pm

it would be seth anderson from St. John, he would aslo have been the senior athlete of the year for region 3, but he wont be playing for the rest of the year
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dyhardballa09 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:08 pm

I would agree with Seth Anderson.
Darren McClintock is the guy from Drake your thinking of. He's an okay player on a horrible team.
Undlin from MLS is very shifty, but their main running attack comes from QB.
Knudson from BC is good, but they spread it out among too many RBs.
Sager from NS is a hard runner, but their passing attack is very strong and he doesn't get many carries.
Believe it or not, the best RB right now in the region might be from 4 Winds. Richotte is pretty darn good.
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:15 pm

I'm really suprise no one has mentioned or shown no love for the freshman from TGU. I think his name is Levi. He can tear some tuff up. Watch out for his next 3 yrs...
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby defense1st » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:56 pm

Mighty-Mouse wrote:I'm really suprise no one has mentioned or shown no love for the freshman from TGU. I think his name is Levi. He can tear some tuff up. Watch out for his next 3 yrs...

Eli Luna is his name.
defense1st
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:31 pm

defense1st wrote:
Mighty-Mouse wrote:I'm really suprise no one has mentioned or shown no love for the freshman from TGU. I think his name is Levi. He can tear some tuff up. Watch out for his next 3 yrs...

Eli Luna is his name.

When I saw him against MLS, he looked very good and had a good head on him for football. He waited on his block and hit the holes in 4th gear. I can't wait to see TGU in a couple of years. They will be a very good with the young team they have right now.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Spin2Win » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:45 pm

dyhardballa09 wrote:I would agree with Seth Anderson.
Darren McClintock is the guy from Drake your thinking of. He's an okay player on a horrible team.
Sager from NS is a hard runner, but their passing attack is very strong and he doesn't get many carries.
Believe it or not, the best RB right now in the region might be from 4 Winds. Richotte is pretty darn good.

I would have to disagree about the McClintock kid, he has over 1500 yards rushing and 18 scores and I think people need to give Drake a little more credit then they are getting. They have played with just about every team in the region with only a dozen players or so.
Spin2Win
NDPreps Reserve

Postby defense1st » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:50 pm

Spin2Win wrote:
dyhardballa09 wrote:I would agree with Seth Anderson.

I would have to disagree about the McClintock kid, he has over 1500 yards rushing and 18 scores and I think people need to give Drake a little more credit then they are getting. They have played with just about every team in the region with only a dozen players or so.

Did you mean so say agree? One thing that I think taints his stats is that in the games where they have gotten blown out, or they blew the other team out, McClintock was still playing when the other team had their second or third team in because of the fact that they have so few players.
defense1st
NDPreps Starter

Postby dyhardballa09 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:47 pm

I am quite sure that McClintock is one heck of a runner as a sophomore. Best in region? Hard to say...he has had some big games, but those games were against the like of KBBC, FWW, Dunseith, and SJ (all in bottom 4). The TGU game was impressive, and I am excited to see if he can do well against MLS. He won't get many carries against their JV, as MLS keeps starters in late in games. They have second best defense behind NS in the region, so he will be tested for sure.

Vs. Surrey (#6) 20-113-1 ....Nothing eyepopping
Vs. Dunseith (10) 12-187-4....Its Dunseith
Vs. TGU (4) 29-211-1...His most impressive game
Vs. BC (T2) 9-60-0..noticed his longest run was 53 in stats...so other 8 carries for 7 yards..not impressive
Vs. KBBC (9) 15-172-3.... Bottom Dwelling Team
Vs. NS (1) 17-103....Sure alot of runs vs. their JV in a NS blowout
Vs. FWW (8) 23-236-4...FW horrible at defense
Vs. SJ (7) 17-422-5....Not sure what they have left of the team, but still WOW
Vs. MLS (T2) ????
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison.Fan » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:00 pm

NorthstarBearcats have two verygood running backs (Ethan Sager & Colton Braun)
Bison.Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:14 am

dyhardballa09 wrote:I am quite sure that McClintock is one heck of a runner as a sophomore. Best in region? Hard to say...he has had some big games, but those games were against the like of KBBC, FWW, Dunseith, and SJ (all in bottom 4). The TGU game was impressive, and I am excited to see if he can do well against MLS. He won't get many carries against their JV, as MLS keeps starters in late in games. They have second best defense behind NS in the region, so he will be tested for sure.

Vs. BC (T2) 9-60-0..noticed his longest run was 53 in stats...so other 8 carries for 7 yards..not impressive
Vs. MLS (T2) ????

I think the kid deserves a little more credit. He's averaging 10.6 ypc over the season, I don't care who you are, who you play for, or who you play against, that's pretty impressive. Going over 400yds on just 17 carries against St John is crazy. I know SJ has struggled and had injuries, but they have always had a pretty tough defense. But I will say that I did see the BC/TC game and didn't notice TC had a special back on their team. Their line did not look good at all in that game, though, and I know their team only has about 14-15 players so I will still say his season has been very impressive for only a sophomore. Hopefully he can keep improving as he gets older and stronger and he could be something special.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby vball10 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:31 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
dyhardballa09 wrote:I am quite sure that McClintock is one heck of a runner as a sophomore. Best in region? Hard to say...he has had some big games, but those games were against the like of KBBC, FWW, Dunseith, and SJ (all in bottom 4). The TGU game was impressive, and I am excited to see if he can do well against MLS. He won't get many carries against their JV, as MLS keeps starters in late in games. They have second best defense behind NS in the region, so he will be tested for sure.

Vs. MLS (T2) ????

I think the kid deserves a little more credit. He's averaging 10.6 ypc over the season, I don't care who you are, who you play for, or who you play against, that's pretty impressive. Going over 400yds on just 17 carries against St John is crazy. I know SJ has struggled and had injuries, but they have always had a pretty tough defense. But I will say that I did see the BC/TC game and didn't notice TC had a special back on their team. Their line did not look good at all in that game, though, and I know their team only has about 14-15 players so I will still say his season has been very impressive for only a sophomore. Hopefully he can keep improving as he gets older and stronger and he could be something special.
Last edited by vball10 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
vball10
NDPreps Starter

Postby Spin2Win » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:55 pm

Vs. MLS (T2) ????

I Think McClintock locked up the top running back spot up in the region. He had over 200 yards rushing against MLS. In the Benson County game he got hurt in the beginning of the second quarter and didnt play the rest of the game. I have been to most of his games and yes he had big numbers against the bottom dwellers but in those games he was breaking tackles against two or three kids just about every run. The North Star game he ran with two of his best blockers out in front of him.
Spin2Win
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HONKER » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:03 am

To me big numbers in rushing, passing, receiving don't mean anything if the team isn't winning.
HONKER
NDPreps Starter

Postby Spin2Win » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:19 pm

HONKER wrote:To me big numbers in rushing, passing, receiving don't mean anything if the team isn't winning.

I'm not sure what scores you have been looking at but Drake-Anamoose have won some games this year and was one bad quarter away from making the playoffs when the playes TGU
Spin2Win
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HONKER » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:06 pm

According to Maxpreps they were two good qaurters away from just a win.
HONKER
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:18 pm

Region 3
North Star 8-1
MLS 8-1
Benson County 7-2
TGU 6-3
Tri-County 4-5
Surrey 4-5
Four Winds 3-6
St. John 3-6
Kenmare 2-7
Dunseith 0-9
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Spin2Win » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:32 pm

HONKER wrote:According to Maxpreps they were two good qaurters away from just a win.

I'm not sure if I follow you. Are you saying they are lucky to get one win this season?
Spin2Win
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dyhardballa09 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:37 pm

TGU may be saying "if we didn't have those two bad quarters quarters, we would of won by 40". Sometimes when a team has a bad quarter, it is simply because the other team is better than them and had a good quarter. But the topic is who is the best RB....and looking at stats of other players in the region, I would have to say it is McClintock. I don't think any other RB in the region got to 1000 yards in regular season. The only one that may of is Undlin from MLS, because I'm sure he got to play all 4 quarters of every single game. But, their stats aren't on the internet.
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:40 pm

HONKER wrote:To me big numbers in rushing, passing, receiving don't mean anything if the team isn't winning.

McClintock was the best RB in this region no matter what their record was...Tri-County was 4-5. What would they have been without his running this year...probably 2-7 or 1-8. He was a difference maker.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby mavs64 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:51 pm

NO ADAM UNDLIN DID NOT PLAY ALL 4 QUARTERS IN EVERY GAME!!!!!!
mavs64
NDPreps Reserve

Return to 9 - Man