The teams in 9 Man

MLS at Benson County (Leeds)

Postby ndbowhunter » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:37 am

Pick the Score, I got MLS over Benson Co. 38-24
ndbowhunter
NDPreps Reserve

Re: MLS at Benson County (Leeds)

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Tough one to pick. BC made a lot of mistakes early against Tri County (missed recovering an onside kick to start the game and then had 3 lost fumbles on botched handoffs in the 1st quarter). If they make those mistakes against MLS they'll be down 2-3 scores before they ever know what happened. But I'm sure having all those mental errors last week the coach will be on them all week to have perfection and be ready for the game Friday. BC's defense is tough and they throw a lot at you on both sides of the ball. I think its shaping up to be a special season for the Wildcats and they pull off a win at home 32-22. Too bad I'm going to have to miss it as I'll be spending a week in Vegas at that time! Will have updates being sent to my phone, tho.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:23 pm

48-26 MLS on the road again!
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby classB4ever » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:30 pm

Think this one is going to be close. Deciding factor will be who makes the least amount of mental errors and penalties. MLS plays undisciplined at times and then bam, hit for a big play. Benson is hard hitting, tackle well and seem to keep things in front of them. Will be a great game. See it as a lower scoring game. MLS in OT.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gildanman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:38 pm

MLS is a senior dominated team with talent, but they lack discipline. Penalties will eat them up and because of it, they could lose. I believe the battle will be a good one, however!
gildanman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MustaBeen » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:14 pm

I have Mohall winning by a score of 24-8 top 3 Defensive team in the state, now finding out how important offense is. tehy are starting to move the ball on the ground and in the air. I think mohall will beat BC then in week 9 BC beats North star, meaning mls would be in a tie for 1st. down to point it will go, but i think NS will get them in points but im not sure.
MustaBeen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:19 pm

MustaBeen wrote:I have Mohall winning by a score of 24-8 top 3 Defensive team in the state, now finding out how important offense is. tehy are starting to move the ball on the ground and in the air. I think mohall will beat BC then in week 9 BC beats North star, meaning mls would be in a tie for 1st. down to point it will go, but i think NS will get them in points but im not sure.

Top 3 defense in the state? I don't know that much about 9-man, but looking at the numbers, 34 to a good NS team. 28 to what appears to be an average St John's team. 16 to a young TGU team and 14 to a bad Kennmare team. Those numbers don't look like that great of a defense to me.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbowhunter » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Well If This Comes Down To Points I Think MLS Will Beat North* im not sure how the point system works but people have to keep in mind that MLS has scored 74-60-20-44 offensive points. giving up 14-34-28-16
ndbowhunter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan7 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:30 pm

ndbowhunter wrote:Well If This Comes Down To Points I Think MLS Will Beat North* im not sure how the point system works but people have to keep in mind that MLS has scored 74-60-20-44 offensive points. giving up 14-34-28-16

I believe it comes down to head to head point differential between the teams tied.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:40 pm

pretty sure there is an upper limit of like 17 points too on the spread
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:53 pm

Flip wrote:pretty sure there is an upper limit of like 17 points too on the spread

Yeah i forgot to add that, i know thats the way it was a few years ago so im assuming its still that way
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:57 am

But the point spread would only be figured in a 3 way tie. MLS would by +1 at the moment (beating St John by more than 17, but then losing to Northstar by 16...36-20 was the score I think). BC is 0 right now not having played both teams, and Northstar would be +16 with only playing MLS.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby newtotheeast » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:50 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:But the point spread would only be figured in a 3 way tie. MLS would by +1 at the moment (beating St John by more than 17, but then losing to Northstar by 16...36-20 was the score I think). BC is 0 right now not having played both teams, and Northstar would be +16 with only playing MLS.

The St. John game wouldn't be figured into the computations. Only the head to head games. And on the stats and standings page it has NS winning by 14 over MLS. So if it were to be a 3-way tie it would look like this as of today.

North Star +14
Benson County 0
MLS -14
newtotheeast
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DTaBM » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:02 pm

Ok so BC is 4-0 against teams with a combined 5-11.MLS is 3-1 against 10-6 combined.
BC hasn't played anyone playoff caliber other than St John, and it will show this week. MLS, who has beaten themselves a bit this year, will still win by 30+.
Death To all But Metal!!!

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin right here aright!
DTaBM
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:44 pm

newtotheeast wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:But the point spread would only be figured in a 3 way tie. MLS would by +1 at the moment (beating St John by more than 17, but then losing to Northstar by 16...36-20 was the score I think). BC is 0 right now not having played both teams, and Northstar would be +16 with only playing MLS.

The St. John game wouldn't be figured into the computations. Only the head to head games. And on the stats and standings page it has NS winning by 14 over MLS. So if it were to be a 3-way tie it would look like this as of today.

North Star +14
Benson County 0
MLS -14

Yeah, I don't know why I figured St John in there
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:50 pm

DTaBM wrote:Ok so BC is 4-0 against teams with a combined 5-11.MLS is 3-1 against 10-6 combined.
BC hasn't played anyone playoff caliber other than St John, and it will show this week. MLS, who has beaten themselves a bit this year, will still win by 30+.

Too early in the season to be making a comparison based on records. Say if both teams played Northstar and lost and were sitting at 3-1 overall. Replace Northstar with Kenmare on BC's schedule and then their opponents records is 9-7, basically the same. Seeing both teams on film a little bit, I think BC's defense doesn't give up much of any big plays. MLS is going to have to earn their points by sustaining long drives. Don't underestimate BC's passing game, either. If there wasn't the Hagler/Grande connection in this region already, most people would be talking about Young to Stoll and I think that combo will give MLS problems.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:00 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
DTaBM wrote:Ok so BC is 4-0 against teams with a combined 5-11.MLS is 3-1 against 10-6 combined.

Too early in the season to be making a comparison based on records. Say if both teams played Northstar and lost and were sitting at 3-1 overall. Replace Northstar with Kenmare on BC's schedule and then their opponents records is 9-7, basically the same. Seeing both teams on film a little bit, I think BC's defense doesn't give up much of any big plays. MLS is going to have to earn their points by sustaining long drives. Don't underestimate BC's passing game, either. If there wasn't the Hagler/Grande connection in this region already, most people would be talking about Young to Stoll and I think that combo will give MLS problems.

In order for Benson to beat MLS, they will have to be able to pass the ball effectively. I am betting MLS will start out with man to man coverage and stack the box against the run. They are fast on the edge and at keeping everything turned to the inside and are good tacklers. They also get to the QB fast, so Benson will have to have some quick hitting timing routes to get them out of this.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby DTaBM » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:05 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:

Throw TGU in as a replacement, they would have the same opponent records and BC is 2-2 and no one hypes this game :mrgreen:
Death To all But Metal!!!

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin right here aright!
DTaBM
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MustaBeen » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:15 pm

In The Mohall games that I have watched i have noticed a defense that is slow in the first half(mostly Qtr 1) then an absolutely dominant team in the later quarters of the game. They have a Decent Pass coverage that needs a little work, but when they get scored on, ona passing down the offense has ran exceptional routes capped off with spot on throws. Their run Defense is very punishing, hard hitters that from what i have seen from the opposing sidelines is a very hard hitting team thatknow ehn to go low, two of their 3/4 linebackers can throw up a mean hit, for example maing the St. John Stud hurt in Mohall. They lack the craziness after a big play that would easily give them momentum early in the game. I think it will end up NS(1st) MLS(2nd) BC(3rd) ?toss up?(4th)
MustaBeen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kirby1 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:05 pm

MLS 54 - BC - 14
kirby1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:21 am

Don't think it will be 40, MLS coach will put in the JV in the 4th qtr, if the lead is a good one, like he did at TGU. The JV played just about half of the 4th qtr.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby justplayalready » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:01 am

Outcome and breakdown???? Anyone???
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby classB4ever » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:47 pm

This game must be today? What time does it start and where is it at?
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:12 pm

looks like 2 PM
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby 35stewy35 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:02 am

MustaBeen wrote:In The Mohall games that I have watched i have noticed a defense that is slow in the first half(mostly Qtr 1) then an absolutely dominant team in the later quarters of the game. They have a Decent Pass coverage that needs a little work, but when they get scored on, ona passing down the offense has ran exceptional routes capped off with spot on throws. Their run Defense is very punishing, hard hitters that from what i have seen from the opposing sidelines is a very hard hitting team thatknow ehn to go low, two of their 3/4 linebackers can throw up a mean hit, for example maing the St. John Stud hurt in Mohall. They lack the craziness after a big play that would easily give them momentum early in the game. I think it will end up NS(1st) MLS(2nd) BC(3rd) ?toss up?(4th)

st. johns "stud" didnt get hurt?
35stewy35
NDPreps Rookie

Next

Return to 9 - Man