St. John?

The teams in 9 Man

Re: St. John?

Postby chevyman11 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:54 am

SCOOTER_09 wrote:I'm gonna go and make a prediction that whoever wins out of Divide County and Mott-Regent will beat St. John on Saturday.

I'm going to agree and say that M/R beats St. John in a close game.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fire hazerd » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:33 am

St. Johns is the real deal if they played in any region then region 4 they would win that region. Wach for them to get to state they are a vary physical team and can brake purfect form tackls they are also very fast and good at the plays they run.
fire hazerd

Postby greatest » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:14 am

fire hazerd wrote:St. Johns is the real deal if they played in any region then region 4 they would win that region. Wach for them to get to state they are a vary physical team and can brake purfect form tackls they are also very fast and good at the plays they run.

They would be the 3rd team in Regions 1, 2, 5, and 6. They MIGHT be able to win Region 3, but thats the only other they could win besides their own Region 4.
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:28 am

The would easily be the #2 team in Regions 1,2,5,6 and would have a good chance at #1 in any of those. They would have won Region 3 as easily as they did 4 and then everyone would have been saying how weak region 3 was. I think they get by RTH this weekend and then we'll see how the semifinals go and how they match up with either WC or CM. Then we'll know how they would have done in regions 5 or 6.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby chevyman11 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:54 pm

fire hazerd wrote:St. Johns is the real deal if they played in any region then region 4 they would win that region. Wach for them to get to state they are a vary physical team and can brake purfect form tackls they are also very fast and good at the plays they run.

I completely underestimated these guys (well mainly because I hadn't seen them play and most of knoledge came from this board). They are very physical and yes they can break tackles like none other. And they are so fast on both sides of the ball. If you say they play in a weak region that really does not matter-they are just a very good football team and have a pretty good shot at making the Dome.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby eastwood99 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:00 am

WOW! I was completely wrong about my prediction,St. John ran all oer Mott/Regent. maybe they can make it to state.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND Football Guy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:59 am

ND Football Guy wrote:I wouldn't underestimate this team. They're the best 9-man team I've seen this year. They are averaging 57 points a game. Last year they averaged nearly 50 points too, but the big difference of this year's team vs. last years ... is defense. Last year's team gave up nearly 25 points a game, this year's team is giving up less than 10.

Yes, I agree ... the Woodchucks have yet to meet up with top 5 competition, but that's not the player's fault. It's coming. Speed kills in 9-man football and this team has a ton of it. Last night they knocked off TGU 62-0 and here are their TD runs ... 31 yds, 38 yds, 38 yds, 58 yds, 18 yds, 3yds, 80 yds, 11 yds, and 39 yds. 9 TD runs and over 400 rushing yards. Pretty impressive. And the starting backfield didn't have any carries in the second half after being up 40-0 at halftime. They actually remind me of the speedy Richland team from a few years ago that won the championship.

I posted that on Wed. October 15th.

Keep up the good work Woodchucks ... you're making believers out of the non-believers. The majority of the people who were ripping you in the past, were the ones who hadn't seen you play in person. I'm glad the further in the playoffs you go ... more people get to see the talent you have on both sides of the ball.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby justplayalready » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:47 pm

ND Football Guy wrote:
ND Football Guy wrote:I wouldn't underestimate this team. They're the best 9-man team I've seen this year. They are averaging 57 points a game. Last year they averaged nearly 50 points too, but the big difference of this year's team vs. last years ... is defense. Last year's team gave up nearly 25 points a game, this year's team is giving up less than 10.

Yes, I agree ... the Woodchucks have yet to meet up with top 5 competition, but that's not the player's fault. It's coming. Speed kills in 9-man football and this team has a ton of it. Last night they knocked off TGU 62-0 and here are their TD runs ... 31 yds, 38 yds, 38 yds, 58 yds, 18 yds, 3yds, 80 yds, 11 yds, and 39 yds. 9 TD runs and over 400 rushing yards. Pretty impressive. And the starting backfield didn't have any carries in the second half after being up 40-0 at halftime. They actually remind me of the speedy Richland team from a few years ago that won the championship.

I posted that on Wed. October 15th.

Keep up the good work Woodchucks ... you're making believers out of the non-believers. The majority of the people who were ripping you in the past, were the ones who hadn't seen you play in person. I'm glad the further in the playoffs you go ... more people get to see the talent you have on both sides of the ball.

I agree, they hadn't seen them play & went on what was the past...The believers have been the people who's team got smashed by St. John in the region...we thought we had good teams, until St. John. Now it seems region 4 had no respect, or was weak, but the reality was St John was just that much better, bigger, stronger, faster

There may only be 2-3 teams in the State that can compete/beat them...the other 45 will get blown away...& more are starting to believe.
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to 9 - Man