2015 Top Teams in each Region

The teams in 9 Man

2015 Top Teams in each Region

Postby sportsking » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:28 pm

Its about time for another great football season! Whats everyones top 3 in each region?
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2015 Top Teams in each Region

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:39 pm

These are in NO particular order for each region...and an extreme guess (more confidence behind 1st 3 Regions).

Region 1: Richland, LaMoure-LM, Hankinson
Region 2: Cavalier, Thompson, North Star
Region 3: Shiloh Christian, Linton-HMB, Napoleon-GS (stacked region)
Region 4: St. John, North Prairie, Surrey
Region 5: Grant County-Flasher, Hettinger-Scranton, Richardton-Taylor-Hebron
Region 6: Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood, Divide County, ??
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby theoldman » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:07 pm

Not sure what each team has but it is hard for me to believe the TGU is not one of the top teams in Region 4.
theoldman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:12 pm

I would say that New Salem Almont is a top team in Region 5.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sorenson23 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:30 pm

I know this segment is just to pick the top three in each region. But I'm picking the top 4 in each region. But in Region 3 I have to pick my hometown team.

Region 1 - LaMoure-L-M, Richland, Hankinson, Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
Region 2 - Cavalier, North Star, Thompson, New Rockford-Sheyenne
Region 3 - Central McLean, Linton-HMB, Napoleon-G-S, Strasburg-Zeeland
Region 4 - TGU, St. John, North Prairie, Surrey
Region 5 - Richardson-T-H, Grant County-Flasher, New Salem-GU, Hettinger-Scranton
Region 6 - Divide County, Mohall-L-S, Parshall-White Shield, Kenmare-Bowbells-BC

Toughest Regions are regions 3 and 5. Region 6 is the weakest and Regions 1,2, and 4 we know who has it locked up already. But since Central McLean is back in 9 Man we could make our return trip to the playoffs but the game against Linton-HMB will be a tough one. Shiloh will be 5th in region 3. If you guys recall we beat Shiloh a couple of years ago 48-14 in Bismarck. And they only beat us once as a co-op 36-30 i believe that game was in turtle lake. But Shiloh has had a tough time with Central McLean when we've been in 9 man. So the game against Shiloh on Sept. 25th @ Miller Field in Bismarck will decide where both teams are at. I know Shiloh beat Napoleon-G-S and we lost 32-16 but i was at that game and Napoleon had a tough time with us we had a couple of dropped passes that should've had and bad officiating. When somebody fumbles it and your team recovers it. It should be your ball instead they gave it to them.

Here's all i have to say about referees don't blown the whistle unless someone has the ball!
Last edited by Sorenson23 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Pit Bull » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:17 am

Sorenson23 wrote:I know this segment is just to pick the top three in each region. But I'm picking the top 4 in each region. But in Region 3 I have to pick my hometown team.

Region 1 - LaMoure-L-M, Richland, Hankinson, Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
Region 2 - Cavalier, North Star, Thompson, New Rockford-Sheyenne
Region 3 - Central McLean, Linton-HMB, Napoleon-G-S, Strasburg-Zeeland
Region 4 - TGU, St. John, North Prairie, Surrey
Region 5 - Richardson-T-H, Grant County-Flasher, New Salem-GU, Hettinger-Scranton
Region 6 - Divide County, Mohall-L-S, Parshall-White Shield, Kenmare-Bowbells-BC

Toughest Regions are regions 3 and 5. But since Central McLean is back in 9 Man we could make our return trip to the playoffs and the game against Linton-HMB at the end of the season could be for the region title and possibly the #1 ranking in the state could also be on the line. We both could both be unbeaten all depends on how our game against Napoleon goes. My prediction on the two teams to make it to the Dakota Bowl are Central McLean vs Richardton-T-H. Go Cougars.
I

Shiloh will be a very tough win for any team in Region 3. I wouldn't count them out of Region 3. They bring back some talented Seniors and their JV team lost only 1 game last year, if memory serves me correctly.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:20 am

I just don't see Surrey being a top team in region 4. I know they are dropping down a division, but its still pretty hard to go from a winless team to a playoff team. TGU and St. John will be tough as always and I think North Prairie will be right at the top of this region. I think the rest of the teams will be fighting for the #4 spot.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:20 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:These are in NO particular order for each region...and an extreme guess (more confidence behind 1st 3 Regions).

Region 1: Richland, LaMoure-LM, Hankinson
Region 2: Cavalier, Thompson, North Star
Region 3: Shiloh Christian, Linton-HMB, Napoleon-GS (stacked region)
Region 4: St. John, North Prairie, Surrey
Region 5: Grant County-Flasher, Hettinger-Scranton, Richardton-Taylor-Hebron
Region 6: Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood, Divide County, ??

I'm not familiar with the eastern side of the state anymore, does the St. John and North Border game mean North Border is better then expected? St. John not as good as expected? Region 2 much better then Region 4? Injuries? I was just surprised by this result and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:31 pm

The Schwab wrote:I'm not familiar with the eastern side of the state anymore, does the St. John and North Border game mean North Border is better then expected? St. John not as good as expected? Region 2 much better then Region 4? Injuries? I was just surprised by this result and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts.

Concerning injuries, I do believe St. John's starting QB from last year is out with an injury.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:16 am

Bison-Vikes #1 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:I'm not familiar with the eastern side of the state anymore, does the St. John and North Border game mean North Border is better then expected? St. John not as good as expected? Region 2 much better then Region 4? Injuries? I was just surprised by this result and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts.

Concerning injuries, I do believe St. John's starting QB from last year is out with an injury.

Ah, that would explain it! Makes sense
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:13 am

Bison-Vikes #1 wrote:

I saw Poitra was at QB for St. John in this game. Is Vivier back this year or was he a senior last year? That score surprised me as well as I had St. John pegged for the top spot in Region 4, which should be a pretty good region.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby coach_u » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:26 pm

I saw Poitra was at QB for St. John in this game. Is Vivier back this year or was he a senior last year? That score surprised me as well as I had St. John pegged for the top spot in Region 4, which should be a pretty good region.

Vivier is out with a broken collarbone he suffered in a four wheeling accident.
coach_u
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Big Blue » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:08 am

I would not look past North Border. The last two years, they have had decent teams but just not enough depth to win games at the 11-man level. I believe they have eight or nine returning starters including all of their skill position players. I look for them to compete with North Star and New Rockford-Sheyenne for that third spot. At this point, Thompson and Cavalier are the favorites by far in my opinion.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:20 am

Big Blue wrote:I would not look past North Border. The last two years, they have had decent teams but just not enough depth to win games at the 11-man level. I believe they have eight or nine returning starters including all of their skill position players. I look for them to compete with North Star and New Rockford-Sheyenne for that third spot. At this point, Thompson and Cavalier are the favorites by far in my opinion.

I think you may have FSHP sneak in there as well.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bulldog_power » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:42 pm

What are people's thoughts on the other regions and how the cross region games played out.
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:17 pm

bulldog_power wrote:What are people's thoughts on the other regions and how the cross region games played out.

Region 1 & 3 did well...Region 6 seems weak this year. Just my opinion
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Bigbrew22 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:41 am

I was interested in the LaMoure/Kidder Co game. Is LaMoure a strong team this year and did Kidder Co make a bit of a statement to region 3 in that game that they'll compete with anyone
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pit Bull » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:56 am

Bigbrew22 wrote:I was interested in the LaMoure/Kidder Co game. Is LaMoure a strong team this year and did Kidder Co make a bit of a statement to region 3 in that game that they'll compete with anyone

I think your question will be answered tomorrow night when Kidder takes on Shiloh.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Blue » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:40 am

FSHP and Hatton-Northwood both dropped down to Region 1 from Region 2 this season. And I don't see them making a playoff run.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:47 am

Big Blue wrote:FSHP and Hatton-Northwood both dropped down to Region 1 from Region 2 this season. And I don't see them making a playoff run.

Guess I never realized that. I can see FSHP slipping into the 4 seed in that region. Don't know much about HN.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bigbrew22 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:08 am

Pit Bull wrote:
Bigbrew22 wrote:I was interested in the LaMoure/Kidder Co game. Is LaMoure a strong team this year and did Kidder Co make a bit of a statement to region 3 in that game that they'll compete with anyone

I think your question will be answered tomorrow night when Kidder takes on Shiloh.

Region 3 is gonna be interesting in week 2
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:03 am

My expectations for LaMoure this year are pretty low. I don't see them as one of the top teams in the region and would be very surprised if they won a game in the playoffs. I haven't seen them play yet this year but in the games I watched last year other than their stud lineman, I wasn't impressed by any sophomores or juniors. Their Qb displayed confidence which is huge. However, Olson was great at going and getting the ball where ever it was thrown.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sleepy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:38 am

d_fense wrote:

My expectations for LaMoure this year are pretty low. I don't see them as one of the top teams in the region and would be very surprised if they won a game in the playoffs. I haven't seen them play yet this year but in the games I watched last year other than their stud lineman, I wasn't impressed by any sophomores or juniors. Their Qb displayed confidence which is huge. However, Olson was great at going and getting the ball where ever it was thrown.

After one game, I think it is a stretch to say that Kidder County can play with anyone because they played with LaMoure. LaMoure graduated a lot of offensive production. They do having a dominating lineman in the middle, but do also have some other quality players at linebacker, etc which makes their defense fairly solid. They have new players at some skill positions so we will see how they develop. They should have a good chance to make the playoffs, although Richland should be the favorite in Region1.
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bigbrew22 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:36 pm

That's why I asked I wasn't sure if LaMoure was expected to be a strong team this year or not. I was just trying to get a feel about region 3 competion.
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Postby sapper58 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:10 pm

LaMoure has a tough D they have some good hitting linebackers that work great together Sherman and Smith. I think Sherman has been starting since he was a freshmen and smith also.
sapper58
NDPreps Rookie

Next

Return to 9 - Man