Oakes

The teams in Class A

Re: Oakes

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:59 pm

I watch I learn wrote:hope my comment on the 69-0 didn't spark this, didn't mean any disrespect to you, 69-0 is a disgrace no matter who it is. Anyways, In the sports I played in OHS, we liked the EE wrestlers and respected the football/ wrestlers alot. Some older gentleman in Oakes still think back to the olden days when you had to hate who you play... sadly it still happens. I respect coach Hack, and felt odd when our football coach would blast him. With that being said, their are good people in Oakes too, I know Rich Voegeli still loves the people in the ellendale community, and only says positive things when he covers their wrestling, and the wrestling family has always been sportsmen towards EE wrestling.

Thanks, I didnt take it that way at all. It did make me think of the "rivalry" and the craziness of it, from my perspective. A parent actually told me once that they didnt care if Oakes lost every game, as long as they won the Cowbell it was a successful year. I just can't get my head around that, especially given the disparity in sizes of the schools.

I know Rich and I am a big fan, he is a tremendous person. I am actualy also an Oakes fan, when they arent playing Ellendale, of course. I know many of the kids there and they are just awesome.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Re: Oakes

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:42 pm

Old news about old happenings.

If anyone wants to start a topic on how well they are playing now, that would be great. The coaches, the team, and the town deserves it.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to A