Harvey-Wells county

The teams in Class A

Harvey-Wells county

Postby Cowboyman » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:07 pm

does anybody know how this team will be next season? both really good traditions should be a fun team to watch
pin it to win it
Cowboyman
NDPreps Starter

Re: Harvey-Wells county

Postby woodchuck10 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:17 am

wells aint bringing much over. maybe 6 give or take a few. houchin is pretty good.
why dont they just call themselves Well County cause harvey is in well county?
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Cowboyman » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:33 pm

well they should get some experience players like Tony Freezon, Riley Houvland, and Houching. and then i believe Harvey is returning 3 all staters and a few returning leter winners. And they dont want to just call it wells county because they want to keep both of the traditions and some kids are also from other towns outside of wells county.
pin it to win it
Cowboyman
NDPreps Starter

Postby woodchuck10 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:37 pm

i thought hovland was a senior. will they play any games in fessenden or will all the games be in harvey?
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby luvmyhornets » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Schmelfenig will help a great deal,not sure about houching, he's pretty small.

all games in harvey is what i heard.
luvmyhornets
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:29 pm

luvmyhornets wrote:Schmelfenig will help a great deal,not sure about houching, he's pretty small.

That's too bad, Fessenden has a pretty nice field. Maybe they'll at least play some JH/JV games there.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby woodchuck10 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:33 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
luvmyhornets wrote:Schmelfenig will help a great deal,not sure about houching, he's pretty small.

That's too bad, Fessenden has a pretty nice field. Maybe they'll at least play some JH/JV games there.

effin aye's cotton. very nice field surrounded by trees, nice ground they should consider playing at least one game there for at least a few years until they get down to one or two wells county kids.
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the old guy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:58 pm

I believe adequate lights may have been a determing factor in game location. I do know there will be some sub-varsity games played there.
the old guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 1stTrack » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:38 pm

the old guy wrote:I believe adequate lights may have been a determing factor in game location. I do know there will be some sub-varsity games played there.

I don't think that should be a problem. Maple Valley/ Enderlin plays at 4:00 because they have no lights at Buffalo
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
1stTrack
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:49 pm

1stTrack wrote:
the old guy wrote:I believe adequate lights may have been a determing factor in game location. I do know there will be some sub-varsity games played there.

I don't think that should be a problem. Maple Valley/ Enderlin plays at 4:00 because they have no lights at Buffalo

Ok, so if you have a field that has lights, why not play there?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:02 pm

1stTrack wrote:

I played in Buffalo at 4 once and to tell you the truth it wasnt anywhere near the same, the atmosphere was terrible...and off topic that train in the backround sucked at buffalo.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 1stTrack » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Indy5 wrote:
1stTrack wrote:

Ok, so if you have a field that has lights, why not play there?

Well I guess it depends on the co-op agreements, no school wants to lose their identity completely. Enderlin field has lights, but they still play some games at Buffalo
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
1stTrack
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Cowboyman » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:29 pm

well what i believe the agreement is that everything football will be in harvey because the capacity and the field is a little better and then all the track events will be in fessenden because the track is alot better their. basket ball will be half and half and i think vollyball will be the same
pin it to win it
Cowboyman
NDPreps Starter

Postby peach » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:03 pm

Houchin, Hovland, Schimelfenig, and Frison will all contribute. You are correct in saying Houchin is small if I had to guess I would say no more than five and a half feet or maybe a hair more and can't weigh much over 130 but I seen a few wells county games mainly playoff games and he did some pretty impressive stuff for his size. He is also extremely quick and usually covers well on defense but is undersized as was WC's other dback last year and you see where that got them. Hovland I don't think will contribute much on offense but should make for a nice roll player there to take a few carries to give guys breaks. He will be a nice linebacker or db on defense depending upon where they play him. Schimelfenig will be a very nice addition for them mainly on defense, I don't see where he would fit in on offense other than being used every once in a while to give Haxton a rest. Frison will play on both sides if he can hold up all game if he can't I would say he will just be used on the defensive side.I look for this team to have a solid year because I think Sandy will use all his weapons (new and old) very well.
peach
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Cowboyman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:13 am

MJ Stumpf 1st team allstate FS
Devin Haxton 2nd team allstate LB
Tucker Nordby 2nd team allstate DE
Tony Frison
Koby Houchin
Riley Hovland

to me the team looks stacked for athletic ability
pin it to win it
Cowboyman
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigfish » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:45 am

Cowboyman wrote:MJ Stumpf 1st team allstate FS
Devin Haxton 2nd team allstate LB
Tucker Nordby 2nd team allstate DE
Tony Frison
Koby Houchin
Riley Hovland

to me the team looks stacked for athletic ability

Cory Schimelfenig (Spelling) is also a very good linebacker. All region last year I believe
1 fish, 2 fish, red fish, blue fish
bigfish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Cowboyman » Tue May 10, 2011 10:49 am

the team should be a fast and solid team. coach sandy will figure something out for them
pin it to win it
Cowboyman
NDPreps Starter

Return to A