The teams in Class A

Postby rep » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:37 pm

i need the scores from these games if anyone has them

kindred vs. enderlin-maple valley

cavalier vs. midway-minto

thompson vs. mpcg
rep

Postby ndfan » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:43 pm

Cavalier had the week off with Midway minto not having a varsity team. MPCG beat Thompson 28-20.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby nodak » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:21 pm

Kindred beat MV-Enderlin 18-12
nodak
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:39 am

need some more scores from sept. 29

midway-minto's jv team vs. griggs county central-finley sharon (jv?)

north border at new rockford-sheyenne

steele-dawson at kindred
rep

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:06 am

New Rockford won 20-12

according to the http://www.thebordertribune.blogspot.com
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby triple » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:05 am

what was up with Harvey 7-0 over DLB anyone at the game or hear anything on this game??
triple

Postby rep » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:20 pm

how is the situation up in harvey for football this year? they are what 4-1 or 5-1 with the lone loss to class aa rugby, but i mean, how is the team actually doing?

i covered their playoff loss to stanley-powers lake last fall and after the game some harvey mom started yelling at coach sandy that if his kid had been a girl at least he would have had to earn his way on the team.

it was one of the most shameful displays of ugly parent-fans i have ever seen.

so for them to have lastseason end that way and then to have to deal with a death on the team during the off-season...i figured they might be in for a really emotionally draining season this year.  
rep

Postby TNT » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:37 pm

A lot of ex-players from Harvey say that coach Sandy does not get the most out of his talent.  Everybody that has watched Harvey play knows the offense has no creativity.  The same plays out of the same formations, they play a team with a good coach in the playoffs and lose unless they have much more talent.  I could see why the parents get mad.
TNT
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:47 am

harvey will be a top team in the state as long as sandy is coaching
Last edited by tanner lorenz on Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tanner lorenz

Postby hornetfan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:26 am

I was at that game too and it wasn't a mom that yelled at the coach. It was a very disgruntled fan. The mom was consoling her son that was part of the team.

It's too bad that things have to become ugly at the end of seasons and the blame gets put on a number of people but we have to remember it's just a game and it's just high school.
hornetfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ND_Coach » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:21 am

That playoff game was ugly, but also remember that Harvey did not have one of the Lemer brothers for the playoff game, and the fan afterwards was an idiot.  How do you insult a coach who the last two years has had the team in the state semifinals? And how do you insult a QB that lead those teams and would start for any progam in the state?

It seems Harvey is becoming victims of their own success.  Every year (14 straight)they make the playoffs and usually make a run in the playoffs, but because they haven't won it all since 98 people get mad. 

I agree with Tanner Lorenez.  As long as Sandy is there Harvey will be a top notch program.  This year they are young, I believe they start 6 sophmores, they have had to deal with a death of one of their teammates, and yet they are still in contention for a Region title.

Addressing what TNT said:  There is not a lot of offensive innovation in the state, though it is getting better.   Sometime you do not need innovation if you execute properly, that is why the Wishbone and the Option still work.  I do think Sandy does a good job with his talent (The consecutive playoff streak attends to that) and he calls a solid offensive game.  He may call the same plays several times, but he is doing that to set up big plays, like counters and playactions. 
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A