Milnor-North Sargent vs. Velva
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Class A Title

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:06 am

My Prediction

M-NS 22
Velva 21
Last edited by Run4Fun2009 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby region3dominates » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:29 am

I won't make any predictions on this game but the only thing i do know is that i can tell everyone from the east on here has not given velva the credit they deserve. Velva is one of the hardest hitting teams in the state and one of the fastest overall teams in the state they are ranked #1 for a reason coming into the playoffs Velva is averaging giving up 2.4 points per game and most of the points were stupid mistakes and that happens in football. Last weeks game in Watford City was one of the most exciting games I have ever seen to amazing football programs beating the heck out of each other not one cheap shot in the entire game players hitting hard and helping each other up after the play it was a hard fought battle and the better team on that day won. The respect between the two crowds was even amazing leaving the game wc fans telling velva fans to make sure and bring home the hardware for the west again and wishing goodluck i was simply amazed. Now for the championship game all i ever hear about from m-ns is their qb is a stud. I hope they have more than just one player or this game will be over before it starts. Velva took on a Cavalier team that had one stud (matt anderson) and simply destroyed them so if all m-ns has is him they might not want to even show up. If velva has a weakness it would have to be penalties and that is the only thing i can think of at this time. I hope the championship is a good clean game and the best team on that day will come home with the hardware. Good luck to both teams
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nodakfball » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:49 am

I don't think anybody in the west has given mns the credit they deserve. Yea Velva is a very good team and they have proved that in recent years. The east is hardly ever talked about on here or given credit where credit is deserved. MNS has been the underdog every playoff game this year and they have come out every game swinging and proved themselves. Last week against Cavalier everyone thougth they were going to get their butts kicked, but it was the complete opposite of that. Cavalier got their butts kicked. MNS is definitely in for a very hard battle against a very dangerous team. If you think for one second that all MNS has is Josh Hansana, you are completely wrong. They have a team full of dangerous players. They have a very good reciever in Philip Enderson. There defense is also outstanding with Ryan Martinson,Andrew Greenmyer, and Caden Decker on the d-line. Im not trying to take anything away from Velva because they are also a fantastic team. This game could go either way. I don't think anyone should be counted out of the race for the title
nodakfball
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Truce » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:59 am

Velva is given alot of Credit on here. Thinking that they dont get any respect is Crazy. Everyone knows they are the team to beat.

On the other hand, Cavalier was the same way, never been held scoreless in a quarter all year, and MNS shut them out for over 3 quarters.

I think we are in for a great Game, i will not make any predictions because i think they are very close. Velva will have a little bit of an edge because alot of their players have played in a championship Game.

But dont count MNS out, their kids have tremendous drive, are very athletic and rise to the occasion when its needed.

Josh Hansana is probably one of the best QBs in the State, and Enderson and Austin Roder are probably some of the best Corners/Safetys also.

Just a Reminder, Jared mack was talked about all year what a awesome team leader and athlete and how hes unstoppable. MNS pass defence Picked him off 6 times, 7 if you could count the 2point conversion play they picked off.

Looking forward to wathing a great game.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:18 am

Truce wrote:Velva is given alot of Credit on here. Thinking that they dont get any respect is Crazy. Everyone knows they are the team to beat.

On the other hand, Cavalier was the same way, never been held scoreless in a quarter all year, and MNS shut them out for over 3 quarters.

I think we are in for a great Game, i will not make any predictions because i think they are very close. Velva will have a little bit of an edge because alot of their players have played in a championship Game.

But dont count MNS out, their kids have tremendous drive, are very athletic and rise to the occasion when its needed.

Josh Hansana is probably one of the best QBs in the State, and Enderson and Austin Roder are probably some of the best Corners/Safetys also.

Just a Reminder, Jared mack was talked about all year what a awesome team leader and athlete and how hes unstoppable. MNS pass defence Picked him off 6 times, 7 if you could count the 2point conversion play they picked off.

Looking forward to wathing a great game.

No one ever said that Velva didn't get respect.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby fanofeverything » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 am

I think Region3dominates was referring to the lack of respect being shown mostly by Cavalier fans. As you can see it was all talk. There is No disrespect for MNS or the east. The fact of the matter is historically the west is dominant. This is what everyone bases all this on. Do I think MNS can win this game? heck yes they can, but Velva is not only from the west, but has won 7 of the last 10 and 8 of the last 13 and coach Sandy is 8-0 lifetime in the Dakota Bowl. Velva is clearly the favorite. Are they the better team? How can we really know until they play the game Friday. The east and west never play each other during the year so its hard to do a head to head matchup with little to compare. The things I can say for sure is that Velva is the favorite and MNS hasn't had any problems playing spoiler yet. Should be a great game. My prediction is Velva 28-14, but it isn't over until late in the 4th.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stallng » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:43 am

Velva won the state championship last week in Watford
Velva 27
Milnor 7
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fanofeverything » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:54 am

Stallng wrote:Velva won the state championship last week in Watford
Velva 27
Milnor 7

And Cavalier won the state title in Cavalier last weekend? Talk is cheap. Watford may very well have been the 2nd best team in the state, but MNS might be the best team friday. The championship will be played friday at the Alerus Center in GF, regardless of who the best teams were, these are the best from each side of the state. Don't count out the east, after all they might be due!
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stallng » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:10 pm

no Velva and Watford were way above anyone else in the state and they played a heck of a state championship game in Watford on Saturday
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:14 pm

Stallng wrote:no Velva and Watford were way above anyone else in the state and they played a heck of a state championship game in Watford on Saturday

:x HOW do we know that they are WAY above of anyone else in the state?? :x

You can't say that because they don't play anyone from the east...they assumptions have got to stop and I so hope that M-NS comes out and defeats Velva just to rub it in all of your faces!!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby USA » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:25 pm

region3dominates wrote:I won't make any predictions on this game but the only thing i do know is that i can tell everyone from the east on here has not given velva the credit they deserve. Velva is one of the hardest hitting teams in the state and one of the fastest overall teams in the state they are ranked #1 for a reason coming into the playoffs Velva is averaging giving up 2.4 points per game and most of the points were stupid mistakes and that happens in football. Last weeks game in Watford City was one of the most exciting games I have ever seen to amazing football programs beating the heck out of each other not one cheap shot in the entire game players hitting hard and helping each other up after the play it was a hard fought battle and the better team on that day won. The respect between the two crowds was even amazing leaving the game wc fans telling velva fans to make sure and bring home the hardware for the west again and wishing goodluck i was simply amazed. Now for the championship game all i ever hear about from m-ns is their qb is a stud. I hope they have more than just one player or this game will be over before it starts. Velva took on a Cavalier team that had one stud (matt anderson) and simply destroyed them so if all m-ns has is him they might not want to even show up. If velva has a weakness it would have to be penalties and that is the only thing i can think of at this time. I hope the championship is a good clean game and the best team on that day will come home with the hardware. Good luck to both teams

So is that why they had players sitting on the ground injured every 2 plays?
USA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby slash » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:29 pm

Stallng wrote:no Velva and Watford were way above anyone else in the state and they played a heck of a state championship game in Watford on Saturday

This stalling guy really knows what he is talking about. If you talk to anyone who went to the game on saturday in watford they all will tell you the same thing, that it was one of the best games they had ever seen and that it was the state championship game. I remember last year when the people from the east were saying the same thing there saying this year and what happened velva rolled over them just like there going to do this year.
slash
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:30 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

You can't say that because they don't play anyone from the east...they assumptions have got to stop and I so hope that M-NS comes out and defeats Velva just to rub it in all of your faces!!!

The only ones who would think last week's game in Watford was the championship game are the ones who aren't playing anymore. M-NS is hoping Velva thinks its all over. Just like Cavalier probably did when Linton lost.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby USA » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:33 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

The only ones who would think last week's game in Watford was the championship game are the ones who aren't playing anymore. M-NS is hoping Velva thinks its all over. Just like Cavalier probably did when Linton lost.

Doubt Velva thinks its over!
USA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fanofeverything » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:44 pm

Regardless of what anyone says on this forum Velva players and coaches know its not over and they never overlook anyone and that will be MNS's biggest problem. If MNS is to win this game they will have to play their best game of the season. Velva has never not shown up at a Title game. If MNS wins it will be well deserved and they will have earned it. And yes USA that is why the players get hurt because Velva plays extremely physical ball. I haven't seen MNS play, but from what I hear they play physical as well and it should be a slugfest. I am hoping to be there, still trying to talk the wife into the 4 hour trek the GF.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan79 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:00 pm

region3dominates wrote:I won't make any predictions on this game but the only thing i do know is that i can tell everyone from the east on here has not given velva the credit they deserve. Velva is one of the hardest hitting teams in the state and one of the fastest overall teams in the state they are ranked #1 for a reason coming into the playoffs Velva is averaging giving up 2.4 points per game and most of the points were stupid mistakes and that happens in football. Last weeks game in Watford City was one of the most exciting games I have ever seen to amazing football programs beating the heck out of each other not one cheap shot in the entire game players hitting hard and helping each other up after the play it was a hard fought battle and the better team on that day won. The respect between the two crowds was even amazing leaving the game wc fans telling velva fans to make sure and bring home the hardware for the west again and wishing goodluck i was simply amazed. Now for the championship game all i ever hear about from m-ns is their qb is a stud. I hope they have more than just one player or this game will be over before it starts. Velva took on a Cavalier team that had one stud (matt anderson) and simply destroyed them so if all m-ns has is him they might not want to even show up. If velva has a weakness it would have to be penalties and that is the only thing i can think of at this time. I hope the championship is a good clean game and the best team on that day will come home with the hardware. Good luck to both teams

i cant believe you said they were not given credit when MNS was a number three seed and beat two number ones and a number two and are now in the state championship. Ask linton rugby and most definately cavalier and they will tell you that you had better be prepared or they will knock you down play after play. Jared mack was hit hard play after play as was Chrest. even the wide receivers will put you on your butt. Dont underestimate the "Underdogs" or they could beat you.
sportsfan79
NDPreps Rookie

Postby nodakfball » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:12 pm

The fact is, that wasn't the state championship game.. the state CHAMPIONSHIP game is this weekend..not last weekend
nodakfball
NDPreps Rookie

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:18 pm

Velva 27
Milnor 7

I wouldn't get to Smacky there Sonny!!! I know of nine man teams in Minnesota that would plant Velva on their backs...and eleven Man teams that could play their JV and beat them...Football isn't rocket science...it takes size on the line and speed else where, it takes a good arm and a good decision maker...mistakes will kill you (hence Cavalier) I know one thing...Velva Doesn't have anyone who could catch Hansana in the open...so hang on to your hat Stalley, You've been wrong before.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby fanofeverything » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:23 pm

Yes the State Championship is this Friday, but this same talk happens every year. And Every year the east goes home unhappy. You beat 2 #1's and a #2 who were all from the east. Yes MNS wasn't getting any credit or chance in the previous games and they came out on top. They are a good football team, they have proven that. The fact of the matter is that over the course of the last 13 years the top teams come from the west. There is a reason there was 4 undefeated teams at the end of this season with the west 2 as 1 and 2 and the east 2 as 3 and 4. History shows the west has been stronger. MNS wasn't in the polls and the polls do not matter at this point. I am just stating the reasons behind the way people see things. Again MNS has beated 2 #1 seeds and a #2 seed, but they haven't played a team like Velva or Watford. Velva has been there and will play well. I just hope MNS doesn't get over hyped and excited just to be there. I know they will want it, but they will really have to step up to beat a program that has NEVER lost a state title game and they have played in more than a couple of them.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby fanofeverything » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:31 pm

winner-within wrote:
Velva 27
Milnor 7

I wouldn't get to Smacky there Sonny!!! I know of nine man teams in Minnesota that would plant Velva on their backs...and eleven Man teams that could play their JV and beat them...Football isn't rocket science...it takes size on the line and speed else where, it takes a good arm and a good decision maker...mistakes will kill you (hence Cavalier) I know one thing...Velva Doesn't have anyone who could catch Hansana in the open...so hang on to your hat Stalley, You've been wrong before.

You are hardly qualified to tell someone not to talk smack too early! With that being said where do you get the info that no one at Velva can catch Hansana? You are pulling it out your arse, like most everything you say on here. Read the forums and papers for the last 7 of Velva's titles. The east always claims to have this unstoppable speed. Last year it was Dinius before its been Di.ck or whoever else and they may get their yards but they don't get in the endzone. You would think by now, some team would come up with something different than they have the fastest guy on the field so Velva better watch out. Same song and dance and same result every year. MNS better find a way to get Hansana in the open first before they start worrying about how Velva will catch him. If you paid attention to the semi games you would know Velva had 0 turnovers against one of the best defenses in the state and they forced 3. They always play clean, mostly mistake free games this time of the year. I am not into trashing another team and Hansana will probably be the best individual player on the field as Dinius was last year, but Velva seems to show up with the Best TEAM and this is a team sport.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby fanofeverything » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:37 pm

Oh and Velva hasn't had real size on the line since 97. There may be 1 or 2 guys during a few years who have some size but as a whole Velva always has a fairly small line. As far as MN 9 man and eleven man teams beating them I am not sure how you prove this or how this is relevant. Of course Velva can't compete with bigger schools. There are probably a 1000 teams in HS football around the country who would lay a smacking on Velva. heck there are a half dozen in ND (Bismarck, Fargo South, Shanley, Century and probably Minot, Grand Forks and most of the class AAA schools) That comparison is stupid as all Velva has to beat is their class, which is A and they have a heck of a successful track record at that. Are they GOD? Of course not. Can they be beat? Of course they can. I am not even sure winner-within what you are even trying to start by the comments you made. You seem to just want to throw smack everywhere.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:06 pm

fanofeverything wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Velva 27
Milnor 7

You are hardly qualified to tell someone not to talk smack too early! With that being said where do you get the info that no one at Velva can catch Hansana? You are pulling it out your arse, just like everything you say on here. Read the forums and papers for the last 7 of Velva's titles. The east always claims to have this unstoppable speed. Last year it was Dinius before its been Di.ck or whoever else and they may get their yards but they don't get in the endzone. You would think by now, some team would come up with something different than they have the fastest guy on the field so Velva better watch out. Same song and dance and same result every year. MNS better find a way to get Hansana in the open first before they start worrying about how Velva will catch him. If you paid attention to the semi games you would know Velva had 0 turnovers against one of the best defenses in the state and they forced 3. They always play clean, mostly mistake free games this time of the year. I am not into trashing another team and Hansana will probably be the best individual player on the field as Dinius was last year, but Velva seems to show up with the Best TEAM and this is a team sport.

Your right, I should have said talking stupid

I'll tell you what I am qualified to say...I lived out west in the Oil fields and worked the rigs with alot of Guys from the East (just so you know, We're Just as tough). Give the east some credit...and quit saying the title game was last week...its to childish.

Every one talks about when Velva beat Cavalier (when Matts Hip was out)...If Cavalier would have had one more player in the line up with the name Oksendahl (as QB) Velva may not have won the game.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby bbfever » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Darn it anyway, I was really hoping to go to the championship game this year. Guess from what Ive read on here I missed it. Oh well guess Ill go to this one on friday anyway being I took vacation for it. ( :roll: insert the sarcasm)
bbfever
NDPreps Reserve

Postby slugger4life » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:21 pm

winner-within wrote:
fanofeverything wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Velva 27
Milnor 7

You are hardly qualified to tell someone not to talk smack too early! With that being said where do you get the info that no one at Velva can catch Hansana? You are pulling it out your arse, just like everything you say on here. Read the forums and papers for the last 7 of Velva's titles. The east always claims to have this unstoppable speed. Last year it was Dinius before its been Di.ck or whoever else and they may get their yards but they don't get in the endzone. You would think by now, some team would come up with something different than they have the fastest guy on the field so Velva better watch out. Same song and dance and same result every year. MNS better find a way to get Hansana in the open first before they start worrying about how Velva will catch him. If you paid attention to the semi games you would know Velva had 0 turnovers against one of the best defenses in the state and they forced 3. They always play clean, mostly mistake free games this time of the year. I am not into trashing another team and Hansana will probably be the best individual player on the field as Dinius was last year, but Velva seems to show up with the Best TEAM and this is a team sport.

Your right, I should have said talking stupid

I'll tell you what I am qualified to say...I lived out west in the Oil fields and worked the rigs with alot of Guys from the East (just so you know, We're Just as tough). Give the east some credit...and quit saying the title game was last week...its to childish.

Every one talks about when Velva beat Cavalier (when Matts Hip was out)...If Cavalier would have had one more player in the line up with the name Oksendahl (as QB) Velva may not have won the game.

Velva would have still won the state title game that year. One player can't stop all that Velva brings to the table. Alls winner-within does is praise Cavalier, so no matter what the truth. " Cavalier is the best team in the state" (Sarcasum)
slugger4life
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to A