Class A Title

The teams in Class A

Re: Class A Title

Postby fanofeverything » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:24 pm

Read the posts. I have NEVER said the Title Game was last week. I also never said the people from the east weren't just as tough. I said in Class A football in ND the west has been stronger. Toughness has nothing to do with it. I also said MNS was a good team and they have proven that. I am not the one disrespecting or not giving credit to the east. And yes if Oksendahl played the game may have been different, but Velva won and thats the reality. Injuries happen. In 2008 when Harvey won, Velva had 2 starters out with injury in the semifinals they lost, who played in the regular season when they beat Harvey that year. So should Velva have another title that year? It's possible but they don't and Harvey does and that's the way it goes. I agree the talk about the title game being last week is stupid because we all know the title game is Friday. I think talking about MN teams or any teams in other states or divisions beating eachother is stupid because it has no relevance. There is always another team out there better. And comparing 9-man to 11-man is also stupid because they are different styles of football.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby fanofeverything » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:27 pm

And who talks about when Velva beat Cavalier? It was used as a reference last year during the Watford, Hazen dropping down talk to say hey you can't just drop down and march to the title. Other than that it was just another title for the aggies, no more impressive or important than any of the 8.
Last edited by fanofeverything on Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby fanofeverything » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:28 pm

9 if you count the Class B title in 83.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby A - Football Fan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:32 pm

winner-within wrote:
fanofeverything wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Stallng wrote:Velva won the state championship last week in Watford
Velva 27
Milnor 7

I wouldn't get to Smacky there Sonny!!! I know of nine man teams in Minnesota that would plant Velva on their backs...and eleven Man teams that could play their JV and beat them...Football isn't rocket science...it takes size on the line and speed else where, it takes a good arm and a good decision maker...mistakes will kill you (hence Cavalier) I know one thing...Velva Doesn't have anyone who could catch Hansana in the open...so hang on to your hat Stalley, You've been wrong before.

You are hardly qualified to tell someone not to talk smack too early! With that being said where do you get the info that no one at Velva can catch Hansana? You are pulling it out your arse, just like everything you say on here. Read the forums and papers for the last 7 of Velva's titles. The east always claims to have this unstoppable speed. Last year it was Dinius before its been Di.ck or whoever else and they may get their yards but they don't get in the endzone. You would think by now, some team would come up with something different than they have the fastest guy on the field so Velva better watch out. Same song and dance and same result every year. MNS better find a way to get Hansana in the open first before they start worrying about how Velva will catch him. If you paid attention to the semi games you would know Velva had 0 turnovers against one of the best defenses in the state and they forced 3. They always play clean, mostly mistake free games this time of the year. I am not into trashing another team and Hansana will probably be the best individual player on the field as Dinius was last year, but Velva seems to show up with the Best TEAM and this is a team sport.

Your right, I should have said talking stupid

I'll tell you what I am qualified to say...I lived out west in the Oil fields and worked the rigs with alot of Guys from the East (just so you know, We're Just as tough). Give the east some credit...and quite saying the title game was last week...its to childish.

Every one talks about when Velva beat Cavalier (when Matts Hip was out)...If Cavalier would have had one more player in the line up with the name Oksendahl (as QB) Velva may not have won the game.

Take the credit everyone wants and put it someplace else. The only ones who feel butt sore about not getting credit are the fans. The teams actions speak for themselves and I would like to think that the two teams playing this weekend have nothing but respect for each other and really that's all that matters. I was at the game in Watford this past weekend and if the title game is half as physical and half as exciting as that game was I think we are all in for quite a treat. M-NS has beaten two "rated" teams in the past two weeks and will certainly be looking to make it three this weekend. I say rated with the quotation marks simply because it's opinion based. I mean absolutely no disrespect to either Linton-HMB or Cavalier with that. Absolutely the best of luck to both teams this weekend.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoosierheat » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:52 pm

This is why we watch, care, and spend countless hours on a forum. Any team has a shot. The old adage in football is "any given Sunday." Go to the library and you'll find plenty of books talking about the underdog. Thats why we love sports-every game is a new story, and can be rather unpredictable.

With that said, I believe this will be a lot closer then at first glance. MNS is athletic, and I can guarantee you Coach Olson will have his boys embracing the "underdog" role. They get to the QB and cause turnovers. That wins ball games. I was at Velva/WC this week, and it was the first time I saw Jon Mack play. Hes a pretty good QB, but he has the tendency to float some balls. He doesnt get the tip down like you would like. If given the chance, MNS will have to pick one of these off, and they definitely can with Enderson and Roder-they play great man to man D in the secondary. But speaking of Mack, I think he might be a better defender. The break he made on Trey Jacobson's pass to intercept it made you take a double take. After that, I can tell you Trey didnt throw his way much more the entire game. Mack almost had another INT the same way. Not to mention he is a sure tackler.

I think a big key to this game is how will MNS handle the blitz? Watching the Velva defense blitz, sometimes it looks like there is more then 11 guys on the field. They are fast, and a real treat to watch. They bring major heat up the middle. Can the MNS line handle it and what about Hansana? At times, Jacobson made the Velva D pay by escaping to the outside. Velva LB Codee Lee is an absolute stud. He is an absolute tackling machine. He is the best LB I have seen all year. The MNS DEs, Greenmeyer and Co will have their hands full. They will have to contain the line of scrimmage, and watch Mack on the counter fake.

Seeing MNS twice, and Velva last week (the atmosphere was unreal)-I believe we are in for a real treat of a championship.
"All of us learn to write in second grade. Most of us go on to greater things."
-Robert Montgomery Knight
hoosierheat
NDPreps Rookie

Postby USA » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:11 pm

winner-within wrote:
Velva 27
Milnor 7

I wouldn't get to Smacky there Sonny!!! I know of nine man teams in Minnesota that would plant Velva on their backs...and eleven Man teams that could play their JV and beat them...Football isn't rocket science...it takes size on the line and speed else where, it takes a good arm and a good decision maker...mistakes will kill you (hence Cavalier) I know one thing...Velva Doesn't have anyone who could catch Hansana in the [/u[u]]open...so hang on to your hat Stalley, You've been wrong before.

I have never watched Hansana play so im not going to argue that he is fast. But i would be willing to bet that Velva has at least one player that could catch him. Velva has great team speed and i believe they will win this one because of all their weapons and they have a very good defense. Velva 27 M-NS 10
USA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:40 pm

slugger4life wrote:
winner-within wrote:
fanofeverything wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Velva 27
Milnor 7

I wouldn't get to Smacky there Sonny!!! I know of nine man teams in Minnesota that would plant Velva on their backs...and eleven Man teams that could play their JV and beat them...Football isn't rocket science...it takes size on the line and speed else where, it takes a good arm and a good decision maker...mistakes will kill you (hence Cavalier) I know one thing...Velva Doesn't have anyone who could catch Hansana in the open...so hang on to your hat Stalley, You've been wrong before.

You are hardly qualified to tell someone not to talk smack too early! With that being said where do you get the info that no one at Velva can catch Hansana? You are pulling it out your arse, just like everything you say on here. Read the forums and papers for the last 7 of Velva's titles. The east always claims to have this unstoppable speed. Last year it was Dinius before its been Di.ck or whoever else and they may get their yards but they don't get in the endzone. You would think by now, some team would come up with something different than they have the fastest guy on the field so Velva better watch out. Same song and dance and same result every year. MNS better find a way to get Hansana in the open first before they start worrying about how Velva will catch him. If you paid attention to the semi games you would know Velva had 0 turnovers against one of the best defenses in the state and they forced 3. They always play clean, mostly mistake free games this time of the year. I am not into trashing another team and Hansana will probably be the best individual player on the field as Dinius was last year, but Velva seems to show up with the Best TEAM and this is a team sport.

I'll tell you what I am qualified to say...I lived out west in the Oil fields and worked the rigs with alot of Guys from the East (just so you know, We're Just as tough). Give the east some credit...and quit saying the title game was last week...its to childish.

Every one talks about when Velva beat Cavalier (when Matts Hip was out)...If Cavalier would have had one more player in the line up with the name Oksendahl (as QB) Velva may not have won the game.

Velva would have still won the state title game that year. One player can't stop all that Velva brings to the table. Alls winner-within does is praise Cavalier, so no matter what the truth. " Cavalier is the best team in the state" (Sarcasum)

when I joined this forum It was "Mack and the boys" it was people getting Banded for talking about people like they didn't exist...it was the utmost disrespect for some towns and programs and Cavalier was one of them...its changed allot, not because of winner within but because members have realized that these players play the game...they've paid their dues and they and Milnor deserve all the respect that any south central, south western, north western, mid central get!!...I wont let anyone on here blast that Velva is the Mecca...they are a big school in Class A.....with the best coach in the state in any Class (well?) The tornadoes Dominated the AA Class for 4 years and were competitive with them for the last 30..... I had made a commitment over many posts ago that I wont let anyone bash the Tornadoes....So in retrospect a Bash deserves a praise. its called Balance

I was at the Velva/ Cav game, I sat with Velva fans, I'm sorry but Carson Kraft wasn't going to cut it...just being there showed their perseverance....Matt's hip was damaged from the semis (he was usually carrying 4 guys on his back).
So thats why I stated "A healthy Anderson (starting linebacker for the Bison) and a QB like Oksendahl or Mack and Velva would of had their hands full...I can also guarantee you one thing, No one was scared. :wink:
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:27 pm

winner-within wrote:I know of nine man teams in Minnesota that would plant Velva on their backs...

There are very few 9-man MN teams that could beat Velva let alone beat them easily. I'm curious who you think these MN teams are?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ballin4ever » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:48 pm

i think we should let the players decide who the championship team is. we can talk smack about MNS all night & we can talk smack about Velva all night; but that's not really going to solve anything. I'm ready to watch a good football game played by two good football teams; and for who comes up on top? i don't care, it's going to be a heck of a good game. MNS should give Velva a run for their money; but Velva will do the same for MNS; or maybe i'm wrong it'll be a blowout either way. good-luck to both teams! play hard!! (:
ballin4ever
NDPreps Rookie

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:I know of nine man teams in Minnesota that would plant Velva on their backs...

There are very few 9-man MN teams that could beat Velva let alone beat them easily. I'm curious who you think these MN teams are?

Stephen Argyle/ during their streak..... wouldnt have been a contest
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby A-Fanatic » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:55 pm

winner-within wrote:
slugger4life wrote:
winner-within wrote:
fanofeverything wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Velva 27
Milnor 7

I'll tell you what I am qualified to say...I lived out west in the Oil fields and worked the rigs with alot of Guys from the East (just so you know, We're Just as tough). Give the east some credit...and quit saying the title game was last week...its to childish.

Velva would have still won the state title game that year. One player can't stop all that Velva brings to the table. Alls winner-within does is praise Cavalier, so no matter what the truth. " Cavalier is the best team in the state" (Sarcasum)

when I joined this forum It was "Mack and the boys" it was people getting Banded for talking about people like they didn't exist...it was the utmost disrespect for some towns and programs and Cavalier was one of them...its changed allot, not because of winner within but because members have realized that these players play the game...they've paid their dues and they and Milnor deserve all the respect that any south central, south western, north western, mid central get!!...I wont let anyone on here blast that Velva is the Mecca...they are a big school in Class A.....with the best coach in the state in any Class (well?) The tornadoes Dominated the AA Class for 4 years and were competitive with them for the last 30..... I had made a commitment over many posts ago that I wont let anyone bash the Tornadoes....So in retrospect a Bash deserves a praise. its called Balance

I was at the Velva/ Cav game, I sat with Velva fans, I'm sorry but Carson Kraft wasn't going to cut it...just being there showed their perseverance....Matt's hip was damaged from the semis (he was usually carrying 4 guys on his back).
So thats why I stated "A healthy Anderson (starting linebacker for the Bison) and a QB like Oksendahl or Mack and Velva would of had their hands full...I can also guarantee you one thing, No one was scared. :wink:

I'm not sure what winner-within meant by the comment that Velva is a big school in class "A" If you go to www.ndhsaa.org you can look at the 2011-2012 football plans and see the enrollment of boys at those schools. You will see that Velva is by far the smallest school in class "A". They are smaller than several nine man teams. To me that's as impressive as any stat you can throw out there. I don't know how long it will last and maybe this year will be their last trip to the dakota bowl but it's been a lot of fun to watch them play over the years. I'm pullin for the Aggies again this year and I'm hopin' for a great game. By the way I thought I noticed a limp when Matt Anderson was running that kick back for a TD. He must have really been in a lot of pain and anguish.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:23 pm

good gene pool out in coal country....when the horses are gone, Sandy will quit...happened in Stephen/Argyle happens all the time.....I'll give my hats off to the toughness produced out that way....but just like the old westerns "there's always a faster gun"....the way ND evolves the dynasty will switch hands eventually and the Sandy brothers and Fridley and Oksendahl will go down in the history books.

I never played football...because our town was to tight to foot the bill.... but there was 15 years there where we would have put a dent in the nine man history books..IF WE WOULD HAVE HAD THE MENTOR.................... that's whats its all about!...................................................... the teachers of the game............I picked Rocks for a living...shoveled grain.....if a kid shows up for practise already in shape.....the teachers job is that much easier.....I know picking rocks and shoveling grain has turned into the weight room (I did that too) what ever the case may be....Show up prepared.............!!!!!!!!!!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby 22forlife » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:22 am

region3dominates wrote:I won't make any predictions on this game but the only thing i do know is that i can tell everyone from the east on here has not given velva the credit they deserve. Velva is one of the hardest hitting teams in the state and one of the fastest overall teams in the state they are ranked #1 for a reason coming into the playoffs Velva is averaging giving up 2.4 points per game and most of the points were stupid mistakes and that happens in football. Last weeks game in Watford City was one of the most exciting games I have ever seen to amazing football programs beating the heck out of each other not one cheap shot in the entire game players hitting hard and helping each other up after the play it was a hard fought battle and the better team on that day won. The respect between the two crowds was even amazing leaving the game wc fans telling velva fans to make sure and bring home the hardware for the west again and wishing goodluck i was simply amazed. Now for the championship game all i ever hear about from m-ns is their qb is a stud. I hope they have more than just one player or this game will be over before it starts. Velva took on a Cavalier team that had one stud (matt anderson) and simply destroyed them so if all m-ns has is him they might not want to even show up. If velva has a weakness it would have to be penalties and that is the only thing i can think of at this time. I hope the championship is a good clean game and the best team on that day will come home with the hardware. Good luck to both teams

STATS STATS STATS don't mean much by the time game-time comes around i guarantee the team that comes with the best attitude to this field will be declared state champs. There's a reason these two teams are here it's because they know how the bring emotion into the game and let that play a big part into it as a team it's not about stats the only stat is how many players ever game enter with the same mind set.Theirs always been an under-dog for a reason , "It's not the size of the dog but the size of the fight in the dog. " That is just kind of how i feel about these two teams but i have got to say M-N-S is the underdog that will take this home! Just like the Superbowl Giants VS Patriots!!!!!!
The sportsmanship between both teams set good examples on how every-game should be also! Good Luck to both teams!
22forlife
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football45 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:33 am

THis game is a perfect example as to why we all love sports, even when we dont have a dog in the fight.

MNS has come off 3 huge ROAD playoff wins. Velva is the Perennial Power and looking for another title to add to the rack. Question is, who is playing better, more healthy at this point. What was done in the season matters nothing. Just like in all sports, once you make the playoffs, anything can happen. Its all about who gets hot at the right time. Yes Velva, is probably faster, and more talented, but they may not be as HOT as MNS.

Excited to watch.
(Ill take Velva)
football45
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:45 am

football45 wrote:THis game is a perfect example as to why we all love sports, even when we dont have a dog in the fight.

MNS has come off 3 huge ROAD playoff wins. Velva is the Perennial Power and looking for another title to add to the rack. Question is, who is playing better, more healthy at this point. What was done in the season matters nothing. Just like in all sports, once you make the playoffs, anything can happen. Its all about who gets hot at the right time. Yes Velva, is probably faster, and more talented, but they may not be as HOT as MNS.

Excited to watch.
(Ill take Velva)

They May not show....They won the championship already (sarcasm)
Last edited by winner-within on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bballfan41 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:12 pm

What is all this talk and garbage about the state title game being played this last weekend. As far as I know the game is being played at noon on Friday in the Alerus. You all need to just shut up and watch the game. I think it should be one heck of a game. We wouldn't be playing a game this week if champions had been crowned already. Both teams are very good and very talented so instead of arguing of trivial crap lets just hope for an awesome game on Friday.
Bballfan41
NDPreps Reserve

Postby childplease » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:59 pm

you spelled sarcasm wrong. so any credibility you previously had got thrown out the window. which brings me to my next point; white is the new black, old is the new new, the east is the new west, slugger for life in real life is not a slugger- infact it's quite easy to pretend to be one while you sit behind a computer screen and smashtalk nonsense words like sarcasum- and is actually very insecure about his real life, the name makes him feel worthwhile. oh! and one more thing, the dawgs are gonna bring a lot more to the table than one player.
childplease
NDPreps Reserve

Postby A - Football Fan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:34 pm

childplease wrote:you spelled sarcasm wrong. so any credibility you previously had got thrown out the window. which brings me to my next point; white is the new black, old is the new new, the east is the new west, slugger for life in real life is not a slugger- infact it's quite easy to pretend to be one while you sit behind a computer screen and smashtalk nonsense words like sarcasum- and is actually very insecure about his real life, the name makes him feel worthwhile. oh! and one more thing, the dawgs are gonna bring a lot more to the table than one player.

I'm not going to begin spelling lessons but I'm pretty sure you spelled sarcasm incorrectly as well. HA HA..maybe we should talk about your credibility as well.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winners&losers » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:18 am

winner-within wrote:
fanofeverything wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Velva 27
Milnor 7

May have not won the game? The score was 33-12..I mean lets be serious, it may have been closer..but that's all... and lets stop making up excuses for Cavalier.
winners&losers

Postby d_fense » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:39 am

USA wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Velva 27
Milnor 7

I wouldn't get to Smacky there Sonny!!! I know of nine man teams in Minnesota that would plant Velva on their backs...and eleven Man teams that could play their JV and beat them...Football isn't rocket science...it takes size on the line and speed else where, it takes a good arm and a good decision maker...mistakes will kill you (hence Cavalier) I know one thing...Velva Doesn't have anyone who could catch Hansana in the [/u[u]]open...so hang on to your hat Stalley, You've been wrong before.

I have never watched Hansana play so im not going to argue that he is fast. But i would be willing to bet that Velva has at least one player that could catch him. Velva has great team speed and i believe they will win this one because of all their weapons and they have a very good defense. Velva 27 M-NS 10

I don't think anyone from Milnor North Sargent has commented on "how fast" Hansana is. It has been Cavalier people who didn't think anyone could run by their secondary.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby fanofeverything » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:57 am

Good News. They get to still play the game Friday at noon. Should be a good one.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:18 pm

d_fense wrote:
USA wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Velva 27
Milnor 7

I don't think anyone from Milnor North Sargent has commented on "how fast" Hansana is. It has been Cavalier people who didn't think anyone could run by their secondary.

'
Not many did....they were 9 and 0....

Why would Milnor comment? they watch him everyday....in their eye's he might look slow.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:29 pm

I just think that their fans are a little bit more politically correct in their comments (on average). There are always a few nuts in a bunch.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:15 pm

d_fense wrote:I just think that their fans are a little bit more politically correct in their comments (on average). There are always a few nuts in a bunch.

I think their fans are happy they won!....and please don't be politically incorrect and say "you new they would"
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Truce » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

winner-within wrote:I think their fans are happy they won!....and please don't be politically incorrect and say "you new they would"

Just like you said you knew that cavalier would win right?
Truce
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to A