Class A Title

The teams in Class A

Re: Class A Title

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:04 pm

Truce wrote:
winner-within wrote:I think their fans are happy they won!....and please don't be politically incorrect and say "you new they would"

Just like you said you knew that cavalier would win right?

I picked them (did not once say "I knew they would win")......just like I said know one can say they "knew Milnor would win"

I would have never posted anything on this topic until I read the post (you can go back and find it) when a member said "looks like Cavalier may have gotten OVERCONFIDENT... that's not who this group is, so I fired back...balance :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Aaron50_07 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:59 pm

Ok, ever since 2003 any time velva has been in the championship it has been the same argument. Denial is not just a river in egypt ladies and gentleman. Velva 21-7.
Aaron50_07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fanofeverything » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:19 pm

Super excited. Leaving Bismarck at 0700 tomorrow morning with the wife and kid. Go Aggies. I just hope Milnor keeps it close for the first half anyhow. I hate to waste 4 hours on the road 1 way for a blowout!!!
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:20 pm

fanofeverything wrote:Super excited. Leaving Bismarck at 0700 tomorrow morning with the wife and kid. Go Aggies. I just hope Milnor keeps it close for the first half anyhow. I hate to waste 4 hours on the road 1 way for a blowout!!!

It won't be a blowout
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby fanofeverything » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:26 pm

I hope you are right. I want to watch a great football game. But I will have to agree with Aaron on this one. Every year the east talks about coming and beating the west (usually velva) and its the same every year. I just think everyone wants to see Velva lose, except Velva and fans of course. I just don't see it. The Aggies have never lost a title game. 9-0. 8-0 in class A. Sandy is arguably the best coach in the state and probably right near the top all time in this state. Like I have said before, I don't think they are invincible, but I think it will take the best game of the season for Milnor and even that may require a mistake by Velva. If Milnor gets down early its game over. Milnor needs to come out make a defensive stop and then drive down the field and score to gain the early momentum. My earlier prediction was Velva 28-14 and I am sticking with it.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:32 am

fanofeverything wrote:Super excited. Leaving Bismarck at 0700 tomorrow morning with the wife and kid. Go Aggies. I just hope Milnor keeps it close for the first half anyhow. I hate to waste 4 hours on the road 1 way for a blowout!!!

Then stay home....you'll be just as mad, at the wasted drive if they lose!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Aaron50_07 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:19 am

Honestly, I love the people who come on here and make condescending comments towards Velva fans, just so if by some chance Velva does lose they can try to say I told you so. I think its hilarious. Say what you want to say, Velva is the better program with a great team. History has a way of repeating itself, Once or twice, or 8 times whichever. "Then stay home....you'll be just as mad, at the wasted drive if they lose!" - Thank you for adding absolutely nothing to this discussion!
Aaron50_07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:49 am

Aaron50_07 wrote:Honestly, I love the people who come on here and make condescending comments towards Velva fans, just so if by some chance Velva does lose they can try to say I told you so. I think its hilarious. Say what you want to say, Velva is the better program with a great team. History has a way of repeating itself, Once or twice, or 8 times whichever. "Then stay home....you'll be just as mad, at the wasted drive if they lose!" - Thank you for adding absolutely nothing to this discussion!

You have to read back a little....The first statement by FANOFEVERYTHING stated he may have wasted a trip if its a blowout by Velva....although if in fact he's a fanofeverything and on top of it a fan of Velva than regardless of the score he should have fun.
When I was a young kid I used to ride out to Velva with my Dad for a load of coal for the school furnace (he was the custodian)....the folks out there are genuinely some of the best in the state....The members on here that come boasting that they have won all the titles, that its hard to find competition, are not true representatives of the total percentage of fans and people out there.....good luck to both Teams!!!

anyone involved in sports or the love of them has to realize why the majority of the state wants Milnor-NS to win....
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:57 am

Aaron50_07 wrote:Honestly, I love the people who come on here and make condescending comments towards Velva fans, just so if by some chance Velva does lose they can try to say I told you so. I think its hilarious. Say what you want to say, Velva is the better program with a great team. History has a way of repeating itself, Once or twice, or 8 times whichever. "Then stay home....you'll be just as mad, at the wasted drive if they lose!" - Thank you for adding absolutely nothing to this discussion!

You need to learn to pay attention to the other comments made on here before you post something like this...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Aaron50_07 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:36 am

Oh I'm sorry run4fun, allow me to check in with you before my next post. And now that Ive given your statement 3 more seconds of consideration than its worth. Enjoy the game! Go Aggies!
Aaron50_07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Aaron50_07 wrote:Oh I'm sorry run4fun, allow me to check in with you before my next post. And now that Ive given your statement 3 more seconds of consideration than its worth. Enjoy the game! Go Aggies!

All I said was read the posts so that you know what has been said...I was clarifying winner's statement
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Bballfan41 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:53 pm

The game was very good. Both teams played hard. About the earlier statement saying that MNS would need a perfect game and possibly a Velva mistake. MNS made the mistakes and they paid for them. The second interception which was in the redzone was a terrible pass as well as the holding penalty in the fourth quarter. Both are mistakes which could have been avoided. Overall I was impressed with both of the teams and it was a very good competitive title game.
Bballfan41
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:54 am

I was at the game. I was amazed with Hansana. He was much better than I expected. I knew he was gonna be good, but he was way faster than I thought he was gonna be. I was amazed with his arm strength.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:26 pm

Indy5 wrote:I was at the game. I was amazed with Hansana. He was much better than I expected. I knew he was gonna be good, but he was way faster than I thought he was gonna be. I was amazed with his arm strength.

Hes a stud
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bballfan41 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Hansana is really impressive and I have fortunately been able to see his progression. He has an arm but he really needs to learn to scan the field a bit better. This was particularly evident in the picks he threw in the title game especially since he had yards of open space in front of him on the one but tried forcing it to a covered receiver.
Bballfan41
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:41 pm

Bballfan41 wrote:Hansana is really impressive and I have fortunately been able to see his progression. He has an arm but he really needs to learn to scan the field a bit better. This was particularly evident in the picks he threw in the title game especially since he had yards of open space in front of him on the one but tried forcing it to a covered receiver.

He will continue to get better.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:40 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
Bballfan41 wrote:Hansana is really impressive and I have fortunately been able to see his progression. He has an arm but he really needs to learn to scan the field a bit better. This was particularly evident in the picks he threw in the title game especially since he had yards of open space in front of him on the one but tried forcing it to a covered receiver.

Hansana is a great player and MNS played a pretty good game. I give them credit for fighting back in the second half. It was a great game fun to watch. I only wish Velva's Weidler would have been able to play. He is as good as they get and a difference maker as well. On offense he was as big a weapon as Kittelson and Bruner and he was their leader on defense. I think this could have been a different game if he were able to play.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:44 pm

A-Fanatic wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:

Hansana is a great player and MNS played a pretty good game. I give them credit for fighting back in the second half. It was a great game fun to watch. I only wish Velva's Weidler would have been able to play. He is as good as they get and a difference maker as well. On offense he was as big a weapon as Kittelson and Bruner and he was their leader on defense. I think this could have been a different game if he were able to play.

//

Different in what way??
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby A-Fanatic » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:35 am

winner-within wrote:
A-Fanatic wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:

//

Different in what way??

I think Velva's defense was not near as good without him in there. He is probably the hardest hitting football player that I've seen in a long time. I'm not trying to take anything away from MNS they played a very good game but Weidler is an impact player and I think that MNS running game would have that much less effective had Weidler played. What I'm saying is pure speculation as far as the outcome is concerned but I have no doubt for anybody that has never seen him play that they would have been impressed. There is a reason that he was one of the four outstanding senior athletes in class A.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:14 am

I thought Enderson from MNS had a good game as well. Hansana gets the well deserved hype but Philip did a great job in the return game and catching passes, including a great catch in the shallow corner of the end zone, just getting a foot down to score.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby fanofeverything » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:43 am

It was a great game. MNS deserves credit for making the adjustments at halftime and coming out and playing a great second half. Hansana is a heck of an athlete, but the two ints turned out to basically be the difference in the game. And winner-within I know you are coming at me with the post you made about people coming on here boasting about titles and competiton and I have never once boasted or said anything about no competition. I was merely referencing the titles in relation to the programs success and history and the fact that Velva has one of the greatest coaches in HS football in ND history. I promise if you knew me, I am a very humble person, but just happen to be very happy and passionate about Velva's FB program. Much the same way you are in regards to Cavalier.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:35 pm

fanofeverything wrote:It was a great game. MNS deserves credit for making the adjustments at halftime and coming out and playing a great second half. Hansana is a heck of an athlete, but the two ints turned out to basically be the difference in the game. And winner-within I know you are coming at me with the post you made about people coming on here boasting about titles and competiton and I have never once boasted or said anything about no competition. I was merely referencing the titles in relation to the programs success and history and the fact that Velva has one of the greatest coaches in HS football in ND history. I promise if you knew me, I am a very humble person, but just happen to be very happy and passionate about Velva's FB program. Much the same way you are in regards to Cavalier.

Velva sure has a program to be proud of and or passionate about....They very seldom do find competition.....I think Milnor had them a least slightly nervous....Cavalier has a respective program, but have had trouble in the big games throughout history...it wasn't until Rod and Tim Oksendahl along with a string of horses come through the pipe and made a permanent mark in the history books.....Hats off to Steve Laque and Rod and Tim (all former Cavalier players and coaches) they won another one at the Dakota Bowl....they all coach for Shanley!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby starter21 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:42 am

I think Coach O has the program going in the right direction for milnor-north sargent i would expect them to be very good or competitive for years to come with the underclassman coming up.
starter21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 1stTrack » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:30 pm

starter21 wrote:I think Coach O has the program going in the right direction for milnor-north sargent i would expect them to be very good or competitive for years to come with the underclassman coming up.

winning is contagious
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
1stTrack
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to A