All Region 1 Selections

The teams in Class A

All Region 1 Selections

Postby SUFan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:12 am

2010 Region 1 Football Awards
Coach of the Year: Dan Imdieke, Linton-HMB

Senior Player of the Year: Levi Roemmich, Linton-HMB

All Region Selections
Linton-HMB: Kelsey Larson, Tanner Purintun, Cole Moch, Levi Roemmich, Tobie Wald, Derek Roemmich. Honorable mention: Zach Sern, Nolan Meidinger, Alex Gross, David Schuetz.

Maple Valley/Enderlin: Michael Nord, Andrew Kapaun, Dylan Lerud, Ethen Preston, Ty Smith. Honorable mention: Jordan Haseleu, Jesse Beilke, Kyle Jankowski, Chris Erickson.

Milnor/North Sargent: Josh Hansana, Phillip Enderson, Ryan Martinson, Andrew Greenmyer. Honorable mention: Caden Decker, Logan Erickson, Tanner Martinson, Isaac Biss.

LaMoure/Litchville-Marion: Gene Smith, Cole Hesby, Casey Sailer, Tyler Thielges. Honorable mention: Trevor Alber, Brady Thielges, Logan Shockman.

Oakes: Alex Breitbach, Ben Ketterling, Tanner Zetocha. Honorable mention: Cody Ptacek, Trent Ptacek, Adam Roney, Dalton Magill.

Griggs-Barnes County: Garrett Steckler, Billy Engel, Cody Christ. Honorable mention: Trevor Anderson, Wyatt Steckler, Pete Fehr.

Northern Cass: Ben Hudson, Spencer Symington, Zach Swanson. Honorable mention: Matt Gingrey, Maverick Symington, Nate Thompson, Mike Bohn.

May-Port CG: Jon Raywalt, Tyler Ust. Honorable mention: Nick Rygg, Ryan Ust, Ben Bradner.
SUFan
NDPreps Starter

Re: All Region 1 Selections

Postby SUFan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:10 am

I'm a little surprised at Levi Roemmich getting senior athlete of the year. I expected Derek Roemmich or Gene Smith.
SUFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller050 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:41 pm

SUFan wrote:I'm a little surprised at Levi Roemmich getting senior athlete of the year. I expected Derek Roemmich or Gene Smith.

I'm not to surprised.. he was a three year 2 way starter for the lions. played in a state championship game, all region and all state as a junior(not sure about sophomore year) and anchored a Very unexperienced line this year.
baller050
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TDown » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:44 pm

How many yards and touchdowns did Smith have this year? He is a running back correct?
TDown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SUFan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:07 pm

TDown wrote:How many yards and touchdowns did Smith have this year? He is a running back correct?

Ya he's a back, but not sure on stats
SUFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby 22forlife » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:46 pm

IF memory Is correct rushed for 1000+ yds at the end of the season 2000 carrier and my guess at TD's is for the 2010 season is 9 TD's maybe 9 2PT conversions not sure on receiving and return yds.
22forlife
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SUFan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm

Any of these all region selections has a good chance at all state?
SUFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby 22forlife » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:21 pm

I think Cole Hesby from lamoure! Smith, and both Roemmich's and Hinsana(?) Prlly are the best guesses
1. Levi Roemmich
2. Gene Smith
3. Derek Roemmich
4. Cole Hesby
5. Hinsana(?)

My top Picks but if it was for line men the hesby kid would take it with eeezzz!
22forlife
NDPreps Reserve

Postby IplayforHim » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:26 pm

22forlife wrote:I think Cole Hesby from lamoure! Smith, and both Roemmich's and Hinsana(?) Prlly are the best guesses
1. Levi Roemmich
2. Gene Smith
3. Derek Roemmich
4. Cole Hesby
5. Hinsana(?)

My top Picks but if it was for line men the hesby kid would take it with eeezzz!

with eeezzz huh ?? what are u basing this on ?? it obviously isn't knowledge.. Levi Roemmich from linton is the best lineman in region 1
IplayforHim
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SUFan » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:02 pm

IplayforHim wrote:
22forlife wrote:I think Cole Hesby from lamoure! Smith, and both Roemmich's and Hinsana(?) Prlly are the best guesses
1. Levi Roemmich
2. Gene Smith
3. Derek Roemmich
4. Cole Hesby
5. Hinsana(?)

with eeezzz huh ?? what are u basing this on ?? it obviously isn't knowledge.. Levi Roemmich from linton is the best lineman in region 1

Agreed
SUFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan79 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:16 am

IplayforHim wrote:
1. Levi Roemmich
2. Gene Smith
3. Derek Roemmich
4. Cole Hesby
5. Hinsana(?)

I disagree. Andrew Greenmyer and the MNS line handled him in the two games when he was on defense and they gave the linton qb no time to throw the ball. i think andrew gets all state
sportsfan79
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baller050 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:45 am

sportsfan79 wrote:
IplayforHim wrote:
1. Levi Roemmich
2. Gene Smith
3. Derek Roemmich
4. Cole Hesby
5. Hinsana(?)

I disagree. Andrew Greenmyer and the MNS line handled him in the two games when he was on defense and they gave the linton qb no time to throw the ball. i think andrew gets all state

yea..AND THE MNS LINE. when you put 2 guys on him and another one focusing where he is obviously he isn't gunna get in every time but i would not say they handled him, he still was making plays both times they played eachother..
baller050
NDPreps Reserve

Postby yingyang » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:01 am

Gene Smith all state? how?
yingyang
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SUFan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:14 am

yingyang wrote:Gene Smith all state? how?

Ya i don't think he had an allstate year as far as running backs are concerned. Nothing like that of a Kuntz. I think Hansana Has earned an Allstate spot though. Most likely second team.
SUFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby childplease » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:55 pm

haha yeah right. greenmyer single handedly took roemmich the first time they played with ease. the second matchup was more even but greenmyer was still considerably better. anyone with eyes and an understanding of the game could see that. greenmyer was also a four year starter. three year two was. so he has a one up on roemmich there too.
childplease
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller050 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:39 pm

childplease wrote:haha yeah right. greenmyer single handedly took roemmich the first time they played with ease. the second matchup was more even but greenmyer was still considerably better. anyone with eyes and an understanding of the game could see that. greenmyer was also a four year starter. three year two was. so he has a one up on roemmich there too.

I'm not saying levi roemmich is an all state defensive lineman im saying he is the best offensive lineman in region 1. andrew is a very good offensive lineman i am not disagreeing with you, but levi roemmich is a better offensive lineman. and the pressure that linton's QB was getting did not come from levi roemmichs side of the line.
baller050
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 22forlife » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:36 pm

I don't know what you were watching all year but he was one of the top in the region. I thought he was one of the hardest RB to tackle looks small on the field till he's in your face. Over 1000 in just rushing yards let alone all of his receiving and return yards and i herd he has 14 career picks since sophomore year. Only contender in the region was Roemmich, Steckler was no competition for him he took his team apart in there match up with 3 TD's and 200+ yds rushing NDPrep's say.Gene Smith is a dude!

Thats just what i kno any way haha please let me know why u don'y think he deserves It.
22forlife
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SUFan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:38 pm

Roemmich was a much better back then smith as well as the back from MNS. I'll even go as far as to say that Ust was a harder runner then smith. As for steckler he hadn't practiced for 2 weeks as a result of a concussion but ended up playing friday night.
SUFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby yingyang » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:43 pm

22forlife wrote:

I don't know what you were watching all year but he was one of the top in the region. I thought he was one of the hardest RB to tackle looks small on the field till he's in your face. Over 1000 in just rushing yards let alone all of his receiving and return yards and i herd he has 14 career picks since sophomore year. Only contender in the region was Roemmich, Steckler was no competition for him he took his team apart in there match up with 3 TD's and 200+ yds rushing NDPrep's say.Gene Smith is a dude!

Thats just what i kno any way haha please let me know why u don'y think he deserves It.

He ran behind a big line so it was hard to see him. Other people run harder and faster.
yingyang
NDPreps Reserve

Postby yingyang » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:44 pm

SUFan wrote:Roemmich was a much better back then smith as well as the back from MNS. I'll even go as far as to say that Ust was a harder runner then smith. As for steckler he hadn't practiced for 2 weeks as a result of a concussion but ended up playing friday night.

YUPP
yingyang
NDPreps Reserve

Postby childplease » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:03 pm

um actually greenmyer hit roemmich then the nose guard lined up on their 2nd string center. so there. I talked to the coaches from the shrine bowl as well as the linemen and none were as impressed with roemmich as they should be
childplease
NDPreps Reserve

Return to A